PDA

View Full Version : Quick question for paintballers/military guys

hondafox440
05-13-2004, 06:24 PM
I just picked up a web belt with several pouches (m16 ammo pouches and a butt pack), and a set of Y-strap suspenders for paintballing. My question is should the web belt ride around your waist or around your stomach (over your naval). I'm having a hard time getting everything adjusted correctly. Should I adjust the belt first, then adjust the suspenders? The back of the suspenders clip into the butt pack, and the front clips into the belt.

LTandRaptorider
05-13-2004, 09:30 PM
Around the waist like a ... well, like a belt! then hook up suspenders.

Cole Trane
05-13-2004, 11:38 PM
What ^ said

infantry317
05-14-2004, 07:16 AM
Actually to be high-speed low-drag, you should adjust the suspenders so that the belt is slightly above your waist, everthing just barely snug. 100mph tape all fasterners to reduce sound. With the belt high like this it will stay out of the way when you run.

hondafox440
05-14-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by infantry317
Actually to be high-speed low-drag, you should adjust the suspenders so that the belt is slightly above your waist, everthing just barely snug. 100mph tape all fasterners to reduce sound. With the belt high like this it will stay out of the way when you run.

Thanks, got it adjusted comfortably - doesn't bounce when running or get in the way when crouching. Can't wait to try it out in a game on Sunday.

diesel-mech
05-16-2004, 12:24 AM

Sounds like a JAR HEAD! He is 100% correct, Then after you have all your gear on jump up and down. If you hear any noise at all FIX IT! you should make absolutly NO NOISE when you move.

SEMPER FI.;)

infantry317
05-16-2004, 07:35 AM
Marine? Don't insult me like that! J/K :devil: Army 90-93 7th Light Infantry Division (We Own the Night!).

Hoo-ah!

diesel-mech
05-16-2004, 08:05 AM
NOT A MARINE? MY BAD!!! ITS JUST RARE THAT YOU RUN INTO A SOLDIER THAT HAS ANY CLUE ABOUT WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT.:devil:
JOKING:blah: WE WERE ALL THERE TO PROTECT THE COUNTRY

I personally would like to thank every body currenlty serving in any branch of the U.S. miltary. Thanks for keeping us safe!

FREEDOM DON'T COME FREE!!!!!

hondafox440
05-16-2004, 08:26 AM
Well I didn't tape anything. I don't really mind the noise though, since it is just for fun with my friends, and chances are it won't be the noise from my pack giving my position away (I'm not in full camo, and my mask/hat aren't camo). But did you just mean put duct tape over any loose metal strap ends/fasteners so they don't jingle?

diesel-mech
05-16-2004, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by hondafox440
Well I didn't tape anything. I don't really mind the noise though, since it is just for fun with my friends, and chances are it won't be the noise from my pack giving my position away (I'm not in full camo, and my mask/hat aren't camo). But did you just mean put duct tape over any loose metal strap ends/fasteners so they don't jingle?

Yes and it also help any thing from coming undone if you hit the dirt. if somone is shooting at you you don't need your gear falling off! it also helps prevent snaggs. take a black marker or flat black paint(works better) and paint any shinny metal that is showing, it won't reflected light and draw attention.

hondafox440
05-16-2004, 08:38 AM
OK, but the only metal fasters that make any noise when moving are the 4 from the butt pack, which I planned to just tuck up inside the pack anyways. Unless you mean the clips that actually fasten all the pouches to the belt?

diesel-mech
05-16-2004, 08:41 AM
the fasteners that hold the butt pack to the belt usually come undone. I would use zip ties as a backup for the metal fasteners

hondafox440
05-16-2004, 08:45 AM
OK thanks. Hopefully the rain holds out so I get to test this out today..

Woodsrider
05-16-2004, 09:56 AM
The 100mph tape on the loose ends is to prevent you from snagging in the brush and getting hung up more than anything else. Nothing worse than having your LBE bet hung up in the brush.:grr: Also the less chit you have hanging off the gear, the easier it is to grab what your actually trying to find;)

I like the zip tie idea for replacing all the clips that come undone. LOL we always just used 550cord :D

Woodsrider
05-16-2004, 10:00 AM
Marine? Don't insult me like that! J/K :devil: Army 90-93 7th Light Infantry Division (We Own the Night!).

Hoo-ah!

That was a COHORT unit wasnt it?

infantry317
05-16-2004, 09:06 PM
Yeah, most of the units were at least 50% COHORT.