PDA

View Full Version : How many of you have been arrested involving an atv?

Bum
05-13-2004, 06:16 PM
Welp, just like it says....in case you're wondering what I voted, it's yes. Ryan? Ohhh Ryan?? Should be like 3 for you eh?

Go on and poll it up, don't forget to add the story as well.

400EXcrazy
05-13-2004, 06:19 PM
naw 4 times **** the cops! QUADZMOTO

batgeek
05-13-2004, 06:20 PM
oh yeah!!!!

i want EVERYONE to know i'm a dumbass by posting my arrested story in here!

Ryan
05-13-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by batgeek
oh yeah!!!!

Bum
05-13-2004, 06:27 PM
Well, I'll light her up. My friend James and I just got done doing a frame swap on his 400ex. He takes it up the road for a test drive and brings it back...fine. One problem - no front brakes, big problem...nahhh. I figure, hell, I got the rear brake right? Anyway, my dumbass goes on and takes it for a ride when Ryan meets me at the end of the road, so we head back to James' house. On the way back I goose it a little, and Ryan starts to race me a bit. I'm thinking, I shouldn't be doing this because no brakes and all that. So we come up to the house (around a turn) and there's a Brentwood Police car sitting there. I'm on the road...oh no, boo hoo, illegal whatever. I kept on going right on past the cop. He flips his lights on after I pass him and Ryan keeps on going as well. Now at this point I just wanted to get off the road, not really to run, rather to hide. I hit a ditch because, hmm those brakes don't work with loads of adrenaline mashing the throttle. Managed to get it on into a field, the quad was fine, however I was not. My back was a bit fudged up. The cops came and found us and got arrested for evading arrest, and atv on roadway. I know, I know...I'm an idiot.

Bum
05-13-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by batgeek
oh yeah!!!!

Well, let's hear it dumbass :D

400EXcrazy
05-13-2004, 06:31 PM
haha yea i remember that jack i am still goin to court for that ****

batgeek
05-13-2004, 06:35 PM
i've never been arrested due to a quad related incident.

if you have been, you are a dumbass. why would you want to broadcast that to everyone?

:rolleyes:

400EXcrazy
05-13-2004, 06:40 PM
one night me and davis where goin to this church to do stoppies. so we get down there and i turn on the road. at the church 2 brentwood cop cars r at the church. so i turn around and FLY down waller road they never chase us so i am like ok. after a lil while we go back and he moved. we stopped for a sec and thought about if we should do it or not. we do it. so i turn my lights off and fly passed him, he trys the chase me but haha its a dead end and i got away from him that is. i ride though the fields and stuff. when i get back on the road. here the cops come in all directions i couldnt go anywhere. it was 4 or 5 cop cars. so they cuff me and take me to juvi and davis goes home. fun night and they impounded my 4 wheeler too

400EXcrazy
05-13-2004, 06:41 PM
ok well ur gay we are not dumbass's it said post if u have. well u havent so DONT POST

Ryan
05-13-2004, 06:41 PM
Chat this in PM's. Because I highly doubt any gives a sh1t.

ScrnNmsSUCK
05-13-2004, 06:58 PM
Very Very close

JDiablo
05-13-2004, 07:07 PM
i give it about 10 more mins and this thread is done:o not been arrested on quad and don't plan on to cause i dun do stupid chit on a quad and i know better:o

Berry
05-13-2004, 07:15 PM
i didnt exactly get arrested, but...some friends and me were riding in this vacant lot, and were having fun and everything and all of us had helmets on. well were just jumpin these hills and the next thing we know 2 cops come down the road flyin. my friend jumps on the back with me and hes like GO GO GO and i didnt know what the heck was goin on so i took off and when i hit the road, there was a cop that had me blocked off. i never wanted to run in the first place, i didnt really know if they were after us or not at the time. and this little old lady is the one that called the cops on us, because she was scared we would get hurt :rolleyes: ...we never got in trouble, we just had to go back to the field and re sew grass from where we rutted up

chucked
05-13-2004, 07:20 PM
as long as you stay off roads and dont do anything stupid (ie donuts in someones yard, roosting cars...) you should never get arrested, in baltimore county you have to have a registration tag on your quad at all times, even in transport, or you can be ticketed.

xr50layke
05-13-2004, 07:21 PM
usually you never even get arrested if your pulled over. so that must mean, you really pissed off the cop by back talking, therefore, you MUST be a dumbass. obey the law!

alberndt
05-13-2004, 07:23 PM
I learned that you should not stop at random lakes in the woods to burn nuggets because the DNR are sneaky and Lrd pipes are very loud. I went to jail in my riding gear. Yes, I am a dumbass sometimes but have learned from mistakes.

chucked
05-13-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by xr50layke
usually you never even get arrested if your pulled over. so that must mean, you really pissed off the cop by back talking, therefore, you MUST be a dumbass. obey the law!

technically you can be arrested for anything, even for minor things like speeding (even 1 mph over)

batgeek
05-13-2004, 07:35 PM
?
ok well ur gay we are not dumbass's it said post if u have. well u havent so DONT POST

ok. lemme spell it out really easy for you to understand.

you are a dumbass for:

a) doing something you shouldn't have been doing, or
b) getting caught for doing something you shouldn't have been doing

how hard is that? and like i said...why would you want to let EVERYONE know you are a dumbass by telling everyone the dumbass(in your case "THINGS" you did...notice plural) thing you did?

sometimes i just don't get it...

Bum
05-13-2004, 07:59 PM
Nah, I have never back talked a cop. I'm not that stupid. Only reason I was on the road was to check everything on the quad. Had to find out the hard way that the brakes weren't operating correctly. I was just wondering if anyone else had been arrested besides me. I was just in the wrong spot at the wrong time. As it always is

the-ex-files
05-14-2004, 09:24 AM
I never have. I have a good story though. Last October, in Black River Falls, WI we seen a drunk kid getting arrested. Apparently he pushed a new raptor and warrior into a pond by the hotel. The poor dude was so trashed, he puked on the side of the cop car, and passed out in the back seat. I never heard what he was charged with. I sure it was a lot of trouble and $$ though.

Smokin 440
05-14-2004, 03:41 PM
I've found that in alot of cases if ur not makin trouble. I've had it muliple times where i've been driving down the road and met cops, and all i do is wave and keep going, and i usually have a fairly legit reason to be on the road, and even if they did lay chase im always by our property so if they would lay chase i would prob find a way to be gone.

44oEX
05-14-2004, 04:31 PM
they tryed to cash me but they didn't sucsed yet:devil:

TORO1968
05-14-2004, 06:20 PM
Threads like this do nothing but make our sport look bad... :rolleyes:

Wouldn't it make more sense to post up information about how ATV riders are responsible people doing their part to keep their riding areas open???

-Jordan

JOEX
05-14-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by TORO1968
Threads like this do nothing but make our sport look bad... :rolleyes:

Wouldn't it make more sense to post up information about how ATV riders are responsible people doing their part to keep their riding areas open???

-Jordan
Thank you!

We need to hear more about the positive and responsible things most ATV'ers do rather than the few idiots that come on here and BRAG about their illegal activities.

quad_racer_19
05-14-2004, 10:44 PM
i havnt gotten arrested but my friends dad is a cop and i asked to see how fast he can clock me going in the field or on the gravel road by my farm...not conncrete though little steer and she is totalled

chucked
05-15-2004, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by quad_racer_19
i havnt gotten arrested but my friends dad is a cop and i asked to see how fast he can clock me going in the field or on the gravel road by my farm...not conncrete though little steer and she is totalled

that hardly makes any sense

05-15-2004, 06:07 AM
i love this thread becasue its so funny i like to hear things like this

xr50layke
05-15-2004, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by xr50Justin
i love this thread becasue its so funny i like to hear things like this

watch cops if you like this. why would you be happy that a fellow rider got pulled over? only you :rolleyes:

05-15-2004, 06:50 AM
ok sorry u guys that wasnt on my mind WHEN I FIND THOSE COPS IM GONNA STEAL THERE COFFE AND SAY HI TO THEM AND THEN RUN

xr50layke
05-15-2004, 08:43 AM
riiiight :huh

05-15-2004, 02:01 PM
ok im sick of certain members on this site acting like they are better then the 1s who cant trailer their atv to places that is legal because maybe we dont have the cash time or even a trailer to get there we ride were we can and a lot of us arent arse holes if we get chased at least i know i stop and am polite and no i havent been arested yet

xr50layke
05-15-2004, 02:22 PM
good point. iv NEVER taken my bike somewhere by trailor, thats just, dumb. i think ill ride anywhere in the country i want (cept famers fields and stuff) my dad doesnt exactly have the time to take his son out to ride when he can just head down the road 5 minutes

chucked
05-15-2004, 02:54 PM
when I ride 75% of it isnt legal, and if ANYONE OF THE PEOPLE ON THIS SITE lived next door to me i GUARANTEE they would go riding in the exact same trails I do.

RMX500
05-15-2004, 03:20 PM
i think it's valuable we have threads like this on the forum..

how else does Darwin weed out the idiots when he's busy? We're just doing the devil's work for him. :devil:

never been arrested, cuz' I'm not some dumb teenager and because I have respect for the sport and choose to represent riders in a manner that will gain respect for the sport rather than hate.

RMX500
05-15-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by 250ex3
ok im sick of certain members on this site acting like they are better then the 1s who cant trailer their atv to places that is legal because maybe we dont have the cash time or even a trailer to get there we ride were we can and a lot of us arent arse holes if we get chased at least i know i stop and am polite and no i havent been arested yet

or maybe because you're kids that can't even legally ride a large bore ATV without you parents anyways, much less drive a road vehicle. doesn't give you the excuse to break the law. or do you simply not have the self control to stay out of trouble?

kids today.

MOFO
05-15-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by 250ex3

if you cant ride legal, you should not own a freakin quad!

alberndt
05-15-2004, 04:33 PM
so you wanna buy a 400???? J@ck@ss.

05-15-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by MOFO

im sorry guys maybe my parents have thins to do ur telling me uve never ridden illeagaly im not drinking riding without a helmet im jus riding and if i get stopped so be it ill be polite yes officer sorry officer ill never do it again sorry we all cant be perfect atv citizens like you:mad:

RMX500
05-15-2004, 04:53 PM
i've never knowingly ridden illegally.

sad thing is I have just as much fun as you kids gettin' arrested and I've never had to deal with cops. Legal doesn't mean no fun like you guys seem to think.

sick400ex
05-15-2004, 05:28 PM
ive been arrested 4 time but have had to run from the cops to many time to remeber and not all have ended good. I think 2 ended in one of my friends crashing. some others we ran into problems w/ machines.

sly400ex
05-15-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by MOFO

I think that's a little harsh....I've been riding for years and several of the places we road at weren't "legal". I'm not saying I was dodging police or illegal activities like that, it's just that there have been places that were very established for dirt bikes and quads that weren't "legal". I guess around here we were fortunate enough to have considerate owners of property that wouldn't press charges or make that big of a fuss for riding on their land. And if the cops were called and we were asked to to leave, we would do so with 100% coperation.:)

xr50layke
05-15-2004, 06:05 PM
so where am i supposed to ride :rolleyes: i have 1 acre of land.

why dont you try being on the quader side for a change? its like you actually like these laws.

05-15-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by RMX500

sad thing is I have just as much fun as you kids gettin' arrested and I've never had to deal with cops. Legal doesn't mean no fun like you guys seem to think.

ive never been aresseted and why would it be fun im not gonna run and put my and others lives endanger i have a blast but if the cops come hey thats the price u pay

chucked
05-15-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by RMX500

so what u mean just because there were no "No Tresspassing" Signs means u werent tresspassing.

TORO1968
05-15-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by sick400ex
ive been arrested 4 time but have had to run from the cops to many time to remeber and not all have ended good. I think 2 ended in one of my friends crashing. some others we ran into problems w/ machines.

My point exactly... :rolleyes: Keep up the great PR stuff!!

Sounds like you have no respect for the law...let me guess, you're what, 15, 16 years old? You're cool... :rolleyes:

JOEX
05-15-2004, 09:45 PM
This topic comes up about every two months or so.........

Same ole story:rolleyes: