PDA

View Full Version : Quad Discrimination?

K2Snow
05-13-2004, 05:36 PM
Went to the local fairgrounds today to check out a track I had just heard about. Apparently, there are a bunch of practice sessions and races that almost anybody can enter. There were a tooon of dirtbikes there, not one quad. The lady said I might as well save my 50 bucks for the membership fee because they never let quads on the track unless they get a ton of em that wanna ride. wtf... hard enough finding places to ride how it is

400EXcrazy
05-13-2004, 06:09 PM
well thats GAY

deathman53
05-13-2004, 06:14 PM
thats sucks, alot of tracks are like that, only care about the bikes. At chattsworth, they groom the atv track once a weekend, it lucky on sarturday and sunday, while the dirtbike track is groomed 3 times a day. Can you begin to imagine how bad it is for the trikers?, nobody wants them. A few places will let them and I don't do anything to mess it up. For the longest time E-town had a real bad q

batgeek
05-13-2004, 06:18 PM
discrimination?

nope....owners choice. deal with it.

xr50layke
05-13-2004, 07:34 PM
wow bat hits it on the dime everytime, imagine, if anyone of us, opened a track, NO BIKES ALLOWED?

batgeek
05-13-2004, 07:36 PM
well...hehe.

i'd allow both :D it's all about the Benjamins ROFL :p

xr50layke
05-13-2004, 07:40 PM
you evil evil man :devil:

K2Snow
05-13-2004, 09:54 PM
Discrimination was maybe the wrong word, they do allow quads they just require that a bunch of 'em show up. Several quads show up throughout the day, but never enough at one time to gain access to the track. They need to set a specific time for quads to come out so it would be easier to get everyone there at the same time. Also, the owner isn't the one regulating it. Some group called Central Coast MX is running it and are donating proceeds to the fairgrounds for letting them use the area.

wilkin250r
05-13-2004, 11:21 PM
I understand the reasoning. You guys may not agree, but it makes sense.

Dirtbikers don't like quads on the track. They throw all the dirt off the corners until they are slick and hard. The bikers like soft dirt and ruts, the quads remove both. Plus, they are usually not as fast as the bikes, and take up more room, so they are more difficult to pass.

Many bike riders will actually leave the track because they hate the quads. You guys may say "well, that's their problem". In the meantime, the track owner is losing money.

If I owned a track, and quad riders cost me money in lost sales, I'd forbid them, too. Unless there was enough of them to make up the difference.

Quad18star
05-13-2004, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
I understand the reasoning. You guys may not agree, but it makes sense.

Dirtbikers don't like quads on the track. They throw all the dirt off the corners until they are slick and hard. The bikers like soft dirt and ruts, the quads remove both. Plus, they are usually not as fast as the bikes, and take up more room, so they are more difficult to pass.

Many bike riders will actually leave the track because they hate the quads. You guys may say "well, that's their problem". In the meantime, the track owner is losing money.

If I owned a track, and quad riders cost me money in lost sales, I'd forbid them, too. Unless there was enough of them to make up the difference. This is exactly whats happening with one of the local tracks here . I hope to own enough property one day to build my own track ..... its my goal in life :rolleyes:

Cole Trane
05-13-2004, 11:29 PM
I'm with wilkin!! Just gotta get more people to go.

cody anderson
05-14-2004, 07:27 AM
That no quad stuff is BS!! I don't get it. Weather your into quads or bikes, we're both into motorsports and motocross... Besides, a lot of quad riders could kick a lot of dirt bikers ***** out there anyways... Let us ride with the stupid bikes... I don't care.

Bretmd94
05-14-2004, 08:57 AM
quads take a lot of hate at my local track too. Its been better lately with the owners of the track, but the local riders hate quads. It just makes me want to be faster though. Theres nothing more satisfying then passing a qaud hating dirtbike rider at the track.

PHAT400
05-14-2004, 10:31 AM
Yeah, there is a practice track in Valporaiso Indiana that's has the same rules. NO QUAD's.... until late fall when it's to wet and the bike's don't run. Then he open's it to quads. Better than nothing I guess. He (the owner) was telling me the same thing about rut's & soft soil...Quad's simply rip up the track. If he made more money with it he would have full time grooming for both...

:rolleyes:

xr50layke
05-14-2004, 11:49 AM
hey quadstar..

in a couple years ill be enheiriting 200 acres in timmons from my grandma. ill give it to you, to make a track, if youd like. what else would i do with it :devil:

Quad18star
05-14-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by xr50layke
hey quadstar..

in a couple years ill be enheiriting 200 acres in timmons from my grandma. ill give it to you, to make a track, if youd like. what else would i do with it :devil: HAHAH ... Cool man , rent me a dozer and I'll build you a sweet track . I'm looking at buying 177 acres just 3 minutes from where I live right now .... would be perfect for a track , all natural elevation changes !!!!!

diesel-mech
05-16-2004, 12:46 AM
I don't mean to upset anyone but I typically race MX. I hate when quads ruin a good track. I don't mind quads at all but most quad rider won't try a double. They run hard to the face, slow down, then jump off the top of the face. Now what happens is you try to hit this jump on a bike and the piont that you should leave the jump is broken down you leave the ground early while you are still preloading and you case the jump. It is dangerous because you can't see the jump is broken down. Not to mension it really hurts espesially about 4th gear pinned. If I had my way every riding area would be forced to have seprate tracks for quads and bikes that way everyone is happy.
Like I said, I'm not triing to upset anyone and I realize there are alot of great riders out there that can clear most of these jumps on quads but you have to realize there are alot of squids on quads out there too and they kill mx tracks.;)

DangerousDean
05-16-2004, 01:19 AM
Our track allows quads, they actually like them because they help get rid of the ruts, so they dont hav to groom as often.

Most of the bikers hate the quaders becuase from what i've seen here, theyre all morons, at a practice track deal here, mos of them all suck or seomthing, or the are always cutting infront of the bikers, trying to be cool and roosting them and stuff, it just pisses them off.

Woodsrider
05-16-2004, 10:22 AM
Its all about the benjimans just like batgeek said. Bikes have the backing thru the ama to put pressure on track owners to play by their rules.
The arguement between bikes and quads is the same as it is between skiers and snowboarders. We're different and they dont like it.

Out here petitions are being passed to enact legislation to force equal rights to any riding area that gets any funding from orv tabs. This will not stop the private track owner from not allowing quads, but any track, or event held on puplic land will have to comply.
As far as the private tracks, well you just have to organize and convince the owners there is money being left on the table.
We saw it first hand here last month with the first ever quad only 4 hour gp race. A few great people got together, and organized an event that brought in 200 riders. Most rode the practice day and the race both, spending $45 a head for two days of riding. Plus the money collected at the kitchen and the spectator fees.
Organize and prove to them it would be profitable, and you will see them come around.