PDA

View Full Version : kenda klaws or itp holeshots

400EXracer74
05-13-2004, 04:00 PM
which are better kenda klawas or itp holeshots

doozer
05-13-2004, 05:06 PM
i have regular holeshots on my 400ex and i love em. ive never ran kenda klaws but i have heard alot of good stuff about em. holeshots IMO.

redroost85
05-13-2004, 08:23 PM
I have a set of MXR's and too be honest I am not too impressed. They have incredible side bite, but I just can't seem to go forward as fast as say a set of Turf Tamers.

I have tried multiple setups at the track and just can't seem to get them to work for me.:(

I know I am getting a set of Klaws next time around.

zfire_28
05-14-2004, 03:21 AM
Klaws rule!!!!!.......I love mine.

shamisc
05-14-2004, 04:11 AM
Klaws are it!!:D

TC426EX
05-14-2004, 08:32 AM
I say NEITHER and go with the RAZR MX ones. I have used holeshots and the maxxis definitely out perform them. The kenda klaw is just a glorified TiTan Fast-Trekker, look it up and youll see. Do what you want, but the maxxis has the best hookup and longest wear of any MX tire Ive used and like I said is WAY better than holeshots...

-Paul
-TC426EX
-check it out on douggust.com

QuadJunkies
05-14-2004, 11:16 AM
actually BOTH are a good tire

quadjeff
05-14-2004, 04:12 PM
I hate the any ITP mx tire. Never hold air and wear like crap.

Kenda Klaws are a good tire.

But the best...

Maxxis Razar MX (#397) front and rear. They are by far the best and that is what a majority of the pros are switching to. Beware they are soft compound(#397) and wear out fast. I am not sure if you can get this compound except from Maxxis. I promise if you try the tires you will not be sorry, but make sure they are the soft compound... But I am one sided... They are my sponsor, but I have ridden all of the tires. My next choice would be(believe this or not) Turf tammers "grovvvedddd" Old school.. Good luck

05-14-2004, 09:19 PM
klaws

ain't ready
05-15-2004, 02:15 PM
I recently got Holeshots, mxr in rear and they do great. They grip like a freak when it's packed and no outrageous wear.
Go for it and have fun no matter what you purchase.
JB

05-15-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by quadjeff

Kenda Klaws are a good tire.

i agree...i had a friend with some ITP tires & they wouldnt stay on the bead & wouldnt hold air & wore down fast when they were working ok...the holeshots are crap IMO...go with the klaws ;)

Giz400ex
05-15-2004, 09:27 PM
I had the holeshots and I recently bought the klaws and to me there alot better tire.:D

Snow
05-15-2004, 09:32 PM
there both good tires but i think turf tamers are better for the rear with some holeshot mx's in the front-good combination imo

nastynotchback1
05-16-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by quadjeff

you got that right brotha.i run the old holeshot/tamer set-up.the holeshots do work when they have tread and air but i will be going to the klaw bandwagon next.

zfire_28
05-19-2004, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by TC426EX
I say NEITHER and go with the RAZR MX ones. I have used holeshots and the maxxis definitely out perform them. The kenda klaw is just a glorified TiTan Fast-Trekker, look it up and youll see. Do what you want, but the maxxis has the best hookup and longest wear of any MX tire Ive used and like I said is WAY better than holeshots...

-Paul
-TC426EX
-check it out on douggust.com

I have fast trekkers on my ex, and klaws on my YFZ, I don't know what douggust.com says about it, but IMHO, they perform quite different......... Klaws rule!

tholt
05-19-2004, 03:08 PM
I ran razr mx's on my 250R and they did alright but they spun to much and didn't hook up. i have mxr's on it righ tnow and i know i am just going to wear those out quick. In my opinion the best rear tire out there is the turf tamer when it is grooved. I mean they might wear out kind of fast but there cheap and do last longer then mxr's and hook up on about anything.

Tim.