PDA

View Full Version : Yoshi Pipe

jeepeater347
05-13-2004, 03:34 PM
Just put on the TRS full system and it looks great. Iput in a 195 main and went 2.5 turns out on the air screw. It made the quad alot snappier and it pulls harder. I am very happy with it and I would recommend it to anyone

WOracing
05-13-2004, 05:31 PM
this is exactly how i felt when i put their system on my 400ex....i would def buy their pipe again:D

r450rr
05-13-2004, 05:39 PM
man i am glad to see that someone has the yoshi pipe. cause thats what i am going to get please in detail.. how is it.. u got any pics..

and how much did u pay for the full system

WOracing
05-13-2004, 05:45 PM
Trust me....you wont have to worry about looks, it is a good looking pipe. I payed around 500 for my full system and i will say its worth every penny. The power delivery is awesome and it sounds great. You dont see many people around with yoshi pipes anymore (except Doug Gust) but theyre awesome. I would def buy it again and recommend these pipes to anyone with the money to buy it...

Kevin

brif
05-13-2004, 08:03 PM
My local dealer had one in stock for $450. If it wasn't for the fact I just ordered a set of haulers I probly would have purchased it. I also previously had one on a z400 and loved it. The tri-oval for the 450r looks great. I think this is the pipe I will end up with.

Thump_It
05-13-2004, 08:06 PM
Does anyone know the dyno numbers between the Yoshi full and the WB Carbon Pro on the 450R?

jeepeater347
05-13-2004, 09:22 PM
they give a dyno sheet with it they claim with air box lid on and stock jetting it gains 3 HP so I would think with no lid and jetted right it woul gain around 7 HP. and r450rr I dont have any pics right now I will try and get some, I paid $440 for it from Magic Racing.

lilredridenwood
05-13-2004, 10:56 PM
How loud is the yoshi pipe, I cant stand a loud pipe. I dont want to ruffle anyones feathers but I think the hmf, sparks and lrd pipes sound like $H!t.

r450rr
05-14-2004, 12:18 AM
one of the most important things about drag racin or mx. is that you gotta be able to here your beast roar over the others ,

for example, when i first got my 450r i took it and dragged it.. i could have won alot more races if i could have herd my engine so i would have known the perfect time to shift.

either way you can always buy the quiet core

Woody_YFZ
05-14-2004, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by lilredridenwood
How loud is the yoshi pipe, I cant stand a loud pipe. I dont want to ruffle anyones feathers but I think the hmf, sparks and lrd pipes sound like $H!t.

Sounds like a DRD would be your style, not too loud and awesome gains.

Woody_YFZ
05-14-2004, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by r450rr
one of the most important things about drag racin or mx. is that you gotta be able to here your beast roar over the others ,

for example, when i first got my 450r i took it and dragged it.. i could have won alot more races if i could have herd my engine so i would have known the perfect time to shift.

either way you can always buy the quiet core

Have you ever tried racing with ear plugs? That takes away the sounds around you, but you can still hear (feel) your bike. It works pretty good.

twisted threads
05-14-2004, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by jeepeater347
Just put on the TRS full system and it looks great.
So is the pipe you got the Tri-Oval?

jeepeater347
05-14-2004, 08:13 AM
Its the tri oval stainless

jeepeater347
05-14-2004, 09:43 AM
WEll i took it out for a better ride today and I am even more impressed. Before it would bog down when I would holeshot in 2nd now it launches hard and fast. I think now it needs a higher rev limit it will hit the limiter toped out in 5th before the only time it did that was down hill on pavement and it did this on a flat gravel road. It really seems to rev out alot quicker I bet with a spocket chang it would easily do over 90mph