PDA

View Full Version : Rod Failure!

BigBore81
03-19-2002, 07:07 PM
I have heard of this happening to several people... I was just wondering which would be the best rod to install to prevent this from happening. And if someone knows of a webvsite where i can check these out thanks

Chef
03-19-2002, 07:11 PM
I would go with the carillo, you can get it from sparks I think. Talk to pud jumper, he has one. I have the hot rod, but if I were to do it again i would get the carillo after seeing the pics.

BigBore81
03-19-2002, 07:13 PM
is the hot rod not good? How much does the carillo? and how much is the hot rod?

Why would you not use the hot rod again? think its not gonna hold up as long as the acrillo one would?

Chef
03-19-2002, 07:25 PM
I just haven't seen it, and I have seen the carillo, the carillo is HUGE. and its billet too i think. I would have to see the hot rod. But I guess it hasnt failed yet! Go with either, you probably wont break one

Sandragggen
03-19-2002, 07:39 PM
I bought the Carrillo from Sparks for $239. I think you can buy them directly from Carrillo for $175. I found this out after I had already bought mine. You might have a hard time finding lower pin bearing and rod pin; these parts do not come with the rod. I got both pin and lower bearing from Crankworks but they are now on back order and Phil the owner, didn't know when to expect them. It is probably one of the best rods you can buy. Below is a picture of a stock rod next to the Carrillo.....Hot Rods and ProNiks look about the same as the stock rod.

Quadfather
03-19-2002, 07:59 PM
Nice rod!!!!!!!!

BigBore81
03-19-2002, 08:07 PM
what kind of material are they made of i work in a machine shop couldn't i just make one?

ChadEXer
03-20-2002, 08:56 AM
The carrilo rods are better and a little more expensive than the Hot Rods. Tom custom builds his rods. He says they are better than Carrilo and Hot Rods. But he is stroking it too!! He said when you stroke it you have to shave the rod and with the Hot and Carrilo rods they dont last!! The man is MAGIC:D

Dave400ex
03-20-2002, 07:49 PM
I would say the Carrilo Rod is the Best. I have seen it Cheaper than what Sparks sells it for though.

Chad, TC knows his Stuff.

ChadEXer
03-21-2002, 07:55 AM
Yessir he does. Thats why I sent him my motor:D Im going to call Terry and order that Pingry oil tank today and I will be done except for the Fullbore plastic. They are talking about giving me some kind of sponsorship deal so im waiting to get it. I still havent really decided if I should get white or red. What do you think. Also my frame will be black with sparkles and the a-arms, swingarm and other stuff will be red with sparkles. Should i get red shockcovers with black Honda or 505EX on them or should I get black with red writing on them. Or I could even get white with black or red writing. What color should I go on the shockcovers????

Dave400ex
03-21-2002, 04:52 PM
I`m going to Call TC one of these Days. Your 400 will be Running Cool and it`s going to be a 505. When is Fullbore going to get Back to You? I think Red would look better. Black with Red Sparkles and Red with Black Sparkles have nothing to do with White. Go with Red. I would go with Black Shockwears with Red Writing. If your A-Arms are going to be Red with Black Sparkles you will want to have some more Black. I would go with Black and Red Writing.

trx400ex
03-21-2002, 05:01 PM
dang, i need to find out where to get those bearings for the carrilo rod anyone know?!?!?!