PDA

View Full Version : how good are wb r-4s

Cwad_BoyEX
05-13-2004, 09:49 AM
How good are the white brothers r-4 slip-ons i heard there strickly a low-end increaser and they are about the same as e-series dbs, just want your guys input becuase i can get one really cheap.

PHIL_B54
05-13-2004, 10:16 AM
i sold mine for my hmf. it was ok, but i wanted the quiet core. i later found out they make a core for it. it was very light, almost cheap light in compairison to my hmf. and i didnt like the solid mounting of the pipe, it vibrated everything. it did wake up the low/mid range. i liked its sound vs an e series.

sprtrx300ex
05-13-2004, 12:03 PM
A properly jetted r4 will wake up your botom end, and give you incredable torque. The quality is excellent. I got the s-bend slip on, and love it. Very loud tho.

660RaptorRider
05-13-2004, 04:07 PM
its not that good ave for a hmf.

UglyMotha™
05-13-2004, 04:58 PM
the hmf is no better than the r-4 and both pipes are almost identical to a point but your best bang for the buck will be the hmf since it's cheaper but if you've got the money you can't go wrong with the r-4

PHIL_B54
05-14-2004, 06:56 AM
im not saying there was anything wrong with it, if i had known they had a quiet core i probibly still have it. the thing that bugged me the most was the vibration. it got me into the habit of putting loc-tite on everything.

TC426EX
05-14-2004, 09:07 AM
I used to run an R4 slip on before I spent a boatload of money building my motor and had to go with the sparks full exhaust... All I can say is WOW for the R4 on a stock or mildly built motor. You will have torque out the you know what, and it sounds killer too. Midrange will see a big improvement with a little increase on the top too. You can increase the top by putting a high rev CDI and it will respond to that. Overall, I have no complaints about the R4 except the mounting mechanism will vibrate your balls off.

-Paul
-TC426EX w/everything
-Check it out on douggust.com

UglyMotha™
05-14-2004, 09:27 AM
what's this vibration you guys are talking about, i don't experience any and also the r-4 promeg system is more exhaust than a well built motor could ever need in fact my header is quite abit larger than your sparks

TC426EX
05-14-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
what's this vibration you guys are talking about, i don't experience any and also the r-4 promeg system is more exhaust than a well built motor could ever need in fact my header is quite abit larger than your sparks

Were not talking about the pro meg. It has a different shaped can and mounts differently. I am talking about the slip on "S-bend" model. It has a cone shaped mounting piece that vibrates since the silencer doesnt mount directly to the frame. Im not denying that your pro meg is a great exhaust, but I was referring to the slip on...

-Paul
-TC426EX w/ everything
-check it out on douggust.com...

airheadedduner
05-14-2004, 09:32 PM
I am talking about the slip on "S-bend" model. It has a cone shaped mounting piece that vibrates since the silencer doesnt mount directly to the frame. Im not denying that your pro meg is a great exhaust, but I was referring to the slip on...

My E-series Pro Meg mounts like that and I don't know about the vibration you are talking about either:confused:

DEAL
05-14-2004, 10:49 PM
I added my pipe along with all my motor work. So I personally can't speak much for power gains but I love the sound and construction of the pipe so far.

Cwad_BoyEX
05-14-2004, 11:16 PM
what about jetting a 155 main and 2.5 turns out on fuel screw