PDA

View Full Version : Bad experience with company.

glenfoto
05-13-2004, 08:48 AM
I had a bad experience with this company. Hear me out, and you decide if you want to do business with them. Spread the word.

I ordered some DG nerf bars from www.gopartsdirect.com, a month and a week ago. I haven't received a single status email from this company to tell me what the status of the order is. I sent an email about a week ago, asking what the deal was with my order. I received a response that read, "Sorry for the delay sir, I will get back to you. gilBerto" Did I hear back from them? No.

In another incident, about a week and a half earlier before I ordered those nerfs, I bought a Yosh pipe for my 300 ex. A sales rep named Nate says to me, "Yeah, we'll have it to you by Friday." I ordered it on a Monday I believe. The pipe arrived the next week, Thursday, which was 6 days later than he said it would arrive. Don't get me wrong... I am patient... but I don't like being lied to.

I call to follow up on that pipe.. "It's coming from OUR warehouse, in California." Sure enough, they were just waiting for it to arrive from Yoshimura, not THEIR warehouse. C'mon, just say so, don't lie about YOUR warehouse...

One other reason why you should not order from this company... they post on their site "No refunds." Why? Because they probably don't stock anything, and they don't want you to cancel after they have your money, and order the product for you. I don't know, it's a bad feeling for me for a company to take my money, and then take forever to ship my my product, and not take the 5 minutes required to sentd me an email to let me know what's going on.

This is my experience with www.gopartsdirect.com. Take it for what it's worth. I won't shop there again, and I don't think you should either.

Glen

300exOH
05-13-2004, 09:14 AM
I had the same problem with them. They gave me the runaround for a couple weeks when I ordered a new sprocket hub for my durablue axle. They tried to blame it on durablue. :rolleyes: I won't buy from them again. Their customer service blows!

They weren't too happy when my wife got ahold of them.:macho If she hadn't I'd probably still be waiting.

300exOH
05-13-2004, 09:15 AM
Almost forgot... Welcome to EXriders:D

05-13-2004, 09:26 AM
Thanks Ill keep on the lookout for them. Welcome to the site:D

xr50layke
05-13-2004, 10:06 AM
yeah, waiting is a beehotch. what i do at that point, is i yell. sometimes it gets things done.

WKY400EX
05-13-2004, 01:52 PM
Call and cancel your order and order from somewhere else. Or you could just call, email, and overall bug the pi$$ out of them.;)

SRH
05-13-2004, 03:43 PM
man now im pissed they owe me a ac skid and i havent gotten it and they wont answer my emails, im going to dispute the charge if they dont tell me whats going on the phone
those dumb mother****ers

SRH
05-13-2004, 03:47 PM
i just called they wouldnt do nothing they said call back in a hour or email them so i got all mad im like well what the **** they dont answer my emails, nextt time im gonan act superpissed and start using the f word everyother word, ive emailed them everday for a week straight

trick450r
05-13-2004, 04:03 PM
i ordered kenda klaw xcf tires from them and it seamed kinda screwy when they didnt send me a reciept to my e-mail but after all my tires came on time (about 5 days after order), i still wasn't impressed, they are nothing compared to a rockymountainatv.com or moto-man.com

hondafox440
05-13-2004, 04:33 PM
Gopartsdirect is slow as hell with shipping. I ordered a silencer for my 125 from them and I swear they duct taped it to a dead armadillo and told it to it to me as fast as it could. :rolleyes:

SRH
05-13-2004, 05:00 PM
i just got in a argumetn with some dumb ***** on there, shes like u can only email them, i go wtf this is ****in retarded haha, shes like i can patch you threw to his voice mail, and i leave one then i just wait on the phone and it says message cancelled

glenfoto
05-13-2004, 07:07 PM
wow, thanks for all of your replies, and thank you for the warm welcome to the forum.

Spread the word folks, obviously, I am not alone with this poor customer service.

We can make a difference if people stop shopping at poorly run companies.

seatec
05-14-2004, 05:48 AM
Well, guys. I too was miffed at them for not clearly stating that they didn't have the HMF pipe in stock that i ordered from them but i neglected to read the policies which would've made it clear that their shipping is 5-7 days or something and that some items are drop shipped from the Mfg. Companies sometimes get busy and then customer service goes down just a tad.
nuff said. They emailed me back after i had a small tirade and explained it all to me. I learned one thing from this. READ the Damn Policy before you order.

PHAT400
05-14-2004, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by SRH
i just called they wouldnt do nothing they said call back in a hour or email them so i got all mad im like well what the **** they dont answer my emails, nextt time im gonan act superpissed and start using the f word everyother word, ive emailed them everday for a week straight

May I offer a suggestion? I work for a mail order co (automotive) and I will tell you this, what make's me move the quickest is when someone call's up that has a problem similar to this; eg. ordering a part and no shipping or b/o correspondence, if the customer is totally cool (not yelling or swearing) and tell's me that he is going to A. dispute the charges with the credit card co. B. contact the local BBB or C. call me everyday until we give him the answer he deserve's. (not what answer he want's but what is DESERVED) Then I or we will do everything we can to save the deal. This is how i make my living, if I do not ship product I do not get paid.

If this is a legit company I would hope that they will handle you with the professionalism you deserve.

If you have paid with a cc and are to the boiling point with this co, save your energy (it does in fact take more energy to be pissed than it does to be cool) let them know your intentions and give them a small window of time to handle the situation to your satisfaction. Just try to avoid yelling and screaming, all that does for me is make me not want to talk to someone that is out of control. Nothing good comes from it, I'll just advise the irate cst that I will end this call if we cannot talk in a civilized manner.

MORAL: If the business you are dealing with is truely out there to stay in business and make money they will hook you up, if you get nothing but flack from said company cancel your order and expect a refund in full and conduct business with a reputable co.
:D kind of long but hopefully you get the jist.

You catch more fly's with honey than you do with vinegar.
Be the better person..

Good luck.
:macho

SRH
05-14-2004, 05:03 PM
i was nice the first couple times i called and i could tell she was feeding me a line of bs, plus i had already paid for it, it automatically charges your card when you order whether its shipped or not

hondarida420
05-14-2004, 06:01 PM
i also had a problem with this company with some tires i waited a month for em and still didnt get em i called them so many times and was lied to so i just cancel the charge and ordered from somewhere else