PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki??? What's new

yamadog
05-13-2004, 05:42 AM
I bet their new one will be a one to watch out for, you know they are the ones who invented the quads years ago. I bet it will have all the goods of the yamaha, and all of the weekness of the honda. lol, you know what I drive with that statement.
Who knows what to expect. Has anyone got any insight yet. I look for a Z-400 frame with the 450 cc. About like what honda tried to do.

cdalejef
05-13-2004, 11:55 AM
My guess is updated suspension.

2001400ex
05-13-2004, 12:02 PM
I don't think they would go with suspension, I think they will come out with something really fast and will get alot of attention like back in the 80s-90s with what they did with the LT250 and the LT500...that's my opinion...

sic250x
05-13-2004, 12:09 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by yamadog
About like what honda tried to do. QUOTE

:huh

Puff Daddy
05-13-2004, 12:23 PM
The Z will possibly be out in July or someother time this summer of 04... (Jarimah Jones said it would be)

The suspension on the Z450 will possible be in a contract with Fox racing shocks........

The Z450 will probaly have 5 titanium valve set up like the YFZ450
& a 449cc just like the honda set up with the same big carb as the honda trx450r has...........

The motor will be a 449cc DOHC liquid cooled motor with 5 titanium valves and a 11, 12, or 13 piston in it and a oilcooler......

The DriWeight will somewhat be 350 pounds or less just like the yamaha and honda ones........

The motor will possibly have a kickstart or electric start option offered..........

They probaly come up with a new frame and fenders and hopefully a heck of alot better of a swingarm....

(Doug Gust is probaly going to ride it and have a Suzuki Factory Sponsership going just like the yamaha and honda ones)

The Z450 would possibly feature a super modified stock pipe like the trx450r has.......

That would be one bad to the bone Z450 racing machine:eek2:

Puff Daddy
05-13-2004, 12:33 PM
Honda should have waited longer and could have let yamaha and suzuki come out with their 450's and combine both goods of each and could of been at the top of the best factory race machine..........

Puff Daddy
05-13-2004, 12:43 PM
NOne of them are true 450cc that including the the honda too....

trick450r
05-13-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by yamadog
I bet their new one will be a one to watch out for, you know they are the ones who invented the quads years ago. I bet it will have all the goods of the yamaha, and all of the weekness of the honda. lol, you know what I drive with that statement.
Who knows what to expect. Has anyone got any insight yet. I look for a Z-400 frame with the 450 cc. About like what honda tried to do.

Are stupid the frame was in r & d for 4 years i think your ****ing dumb ****, and before you attempt to preach to us about yur holy yfz, look who won 5 races in a row thats right doug gust on a z400, and whose behind him 9 x's out of 10 yeh thats right TIM FARR!

Kennethyfz450
05-13-2004, 01:46 PM
Tim farr would take your 01' mojave and spank your butt around any track any day of the week..

anyhow back to the point- i believe the z is going to be a nice bike with a good set of shocks maybe a longer swingarm and just as powerful as the yfz or a little more.. .

may fuel injection but probably not.

Ryan
05-13-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Kennethyfz450

Thats always a possibility. Considering they just released (or going to) a utility quad with EFI.

TC426EX
05-13-2004, 04:13 PM
All I got to say is that suzuki is WEAK. They cant build a frame to save their lives. The old LT's and the Z400 have the shoddiest frame construction I have EVER seen on any quad. They have so many stupid hassle causing ideas too. The swingarm is one, I mean how RETARDED of a design is that? The rear plastic design is very annoying as it flops and cracks everywhere. The axle bends after like a week, and so on and so forth. I had a Z and got rid of that headache after cracking 2 stock frames, and breaking every other part on the bike, and NO I did not crash it. Im glad I didnt get rid of my 426 honda before I bought it or I would have been real irked. Everyone I know that has a Z and the guys I race against that have them all say that it is one of the biggest piles of a quad ever made. So while I give MAD props to doug gust for winning so many nationals on it, and I expect the '05 to be Wickedly fast, all I can really expect is more shoddy suzuki construction and craftsmanship. You definitely wont see me on one. They really need to get their act together and make 0a more durable bike and then maybe I would consider getting one. I dont know what Im gonna do, I dont want to jump on the bandwagon with that yamaha since Ive always ridden hondas but I cant say im happy with the new honda at all. Looks like a CRF450 conversion is gonna happen I guess,......

-Paul
TC426EX with everything...
Check it out on douggust.com

trick450r
05-13-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Kennethyfz450
Tim farr would take your 01' mojave and spank your butt around any track any day of the week..

anyhow back to the point- i believe the z is going to be a nice bike with a good set of shocks maybe a longer swingarm and just as powerful as the yfz or a little more.. .

What does that have to do with anything, i didnt say i was better than tim farr, i bet i could kick your *** tho!!

xr50layke
05-13-2004, 04:20 PM
I just hope to god there wont be any "VS" threads :rolleyes:

im curious to see if bombardier will come out with a 450.

Out_Sider
05-13-2004, 04:59 PM
i think the suzuki will have top notch suspension, an extremely strong frame, and a wicked fast motor. I believe it will dominate both the yfz and the trx without a doubt in my mind. Suzuki wont make the same mistake twice, not with Doug Gust working with them.

SRH
05-13-2004, 05:09 PM
no offense but suzuki is lazy, and just...poor

they have good ideas and stuff, but they dotn put much r and d into anything or they dont have the cash honda and yamaha do to develop something really good and reliable, ive owned a rm 125 it was a good bike but id never own a suzook quad

SRH
05-13-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Out_Sider
i think the suzuki will have top notch suspension, an extremely strong frame, and a wicked fast motor. I believe it will dominate both the yfz and the trx without a doubt in my mind. Suzuki wont make the same mistake twice, not with Doug Gust working with them.

no offense to you but suzuki has been making the same mistakes since the 1986 lt 250r, they have good ideas and stuff they just need to put more time into them and they dont

Kennethyfz450
05-13-2004, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by trick450r
Are stupid the frame was in r & d for 4 years i think your ****ing dumb ****, and before you attempt to preach to us about yur holy yfz, look who won 5 races in a row thats right doug gust on a z400, and whose behind him 9 x's out of 10 yeh thats right TIM FARR!

you was talking about how doug beating everyone on a suz and even the yfz and the r.. and i was just stating the fact that whatever these pro riders ride their still gonna be good..
even if they ride your friends friends 250ex..

i am sorry if i mad you mad :D

the layout of the motor will be different.. when i was outside washing mine and was cleaning my a-arms i was thinking of the gytr a arms and how you can move the bottom mount to make the quad sit higher or lower.. and was thinking suz would have that standard.. and maybe a more free flowing pipe and a better intake system for all purpose use.. i would also think it would be longer to keep the front end coming up while punching it... or they could trick all of us and come with the yoshi 450 kit standard.. .. :cool: it could happen.:macho

i really dont see how they can get any better than the yfz or R though.. just more comfortable... there is people lower the peg height on the yfz and putting a softer seat and a taller steering stem..

and people with the honda around here is lowering the 450 a little bit and talked about getting a longer swing arm.

Ericthered rdr
05-13-2004, 05:23 PM
I just hope they can find a happy medium between the Yfz and the R. They are both excellent quads but both have thier downfalls. No one has mentioned an aluminium frame.:eek2:

Puff Daddy
05-14-2004, 03:12 PM
I've heard from one of my atv magazines that Jarimah Jones said that possibly Polaris is coming out with a better racing machine than the Predator 500............

Can't wait for the pics of the Z450 & new polaris...........

Please do not get mad but i think:
(Suzuki won't make the same mistake and sense they have seen what the YFZ and R is made of it's possible that they will have a better R&D and combine both goods of these to race quad into one bad *** one)

(But then again they can only put so much hi perfromance parts and goods to keep it cheap and afforadable for the public to buy):devil:

Waiting to see what the z450 looks like and the new polaris coming and compare all 450's to see what i like best to buy as my quad

Puff Daddy
05-14-2004, 03:17 PM
AS LONG AS THERE IS A QUAD AND RACING AVAILABLE!!!!!!!
THERE WILL ALWAYS BE A BATTLE OF THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I'M NOT MAD):devil:

Whating for all the 450's to come out so i can compare all of the 450's and decide which is the best for me to buy................

Puff Daddy
05-14-2004, 04:14 PM
I got the truth on the Z450 motor type:

It's a high-tech DOHC four valve, 449cc Liquid cooled motor.

Suzuki has thoughts of doing just like Honda did and thats taking the motor right out of the motorcycle and into a custom built atv chassis....

Yamaha made a mistake when they destroked the motor into a 439cc instead of keeping it the same as the motorcycle.......

The shocks contract could possibly be with showa or fox racing shocks.

The piston will be estimated from one of these sizes: 11,12, or 13

It's possible that the carb will be a keihn 38, 39, or 40 like the honda or yamaha.

The Z450 frame geometry could be the same as the regular z400 but possibly a more gussted of a frame or a brand new frame for the best.........

I hope they change the head light design and a different and longer swingarm and allaround racing shocks for the best.........

I hope they also make a option of electric or kickstart for those who have their own opinions for their starting type............

It will probally kick some *** and be a affordable price for the public........:devil:

r450rr
05-15-2004, 01:20 PM
i hate to pop some cherries but the trx 450r motor is a truye 450cc,,

r450rr
05-15-2004, 01:22 PM
the only one that has a right to call there quads 450"s are the honda owners.. in fact the yfz is a 439.,

slicknickz
05-15-2004, 03:07 PM
"no offense but suzuki is lazy, and just...poor"

Im not one to flame but have u seen the pits at national races? Doug Gust and Willium Yolkey both have huge rigs with suzuki logos on them. tim farr has a baldwin motorsports rig. that rig is mark baldins not hondas. jermiah doesnt have a rig w/ yamaha signs all over it. Suzuki is dumping a crap load of money into quad racing. suzuki is supplying doug and willium w/ a pit crew and honda has mark baldwin no other guys and jermiah has his dad. suzuki knows what they are doing and they are doing well. SUZUKI ROCKS!

Puff Daddy
05-15-2004, 03:09 PM
I hate to say this but i'm tellin you it's not a true 450 because you can read up on the motor & it is only a 449cc.......

all atv's are like that (they say it on the graphics of the fourwheeler but you can look at the motor in somplace and it will tell you the true cc of the real motor is.........

If the 450r was a true 450cc than Curtis Sparks Racing wouldent be developing a true 450 bore kit for it...........

The cc of the motor is always under what they call it......

Honda does have the closes cc to being a true 450 by 1cc.......

(You alt to get that true 450 bore Curtis Sparks is developing and their amazing pipes.......

That would be one bad 450r...........

(Yamaha may have a 439cc but it makes a big difference when you have the 450r which is a 4 valve compared to the YFZ450 which has 5 titanium valves...........)

:devil:

Puff Daddy
05-15-2004, 03:20 PM
This would be the ultimate battle of the century of Division 4

It will be one close combat because:

Suzuki's DOHC 449cc 4 valve Vs. Honda's DOHC 449cc 4 valve......

It suzuki takes the motor right out of the motorcycle and into a chassis with the same piston size as honda's and the same carb as honda's 450r has.

It would be a even match or a big battle of the century of Divison 4..........

RMX500
05-15-2004, 03:35 PM
if polaris gets their weights right they'll actually be competitive in the 450 class.

there's been a lot of underground rumor of a (correct me if i have the title wrong) Predator 450 Venom, which is due in the next year or 2. No word on anything about it just that it'll be 450cc's .. but obviously if polaris is making a 450cc sport they'll be giving it a competitive weight too.

as far as suzuki goes, i fully believe that the 450 motor will be competitive with the yami and honda, not better than both though that's for sure. as far as the whole machine goes it will probably be par like the Z-400 perhaps will less weight. It's highly unlikely that we'll see it with an aluminum frame because that will spike the cost and they need enough work on their current frames as is.

RMX500
05-15-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by slicknickz
"no offense but suzuki is lazy, and just...poor"

Im not one to flame but have u seen the pits at national races? Doug Gust and Willium Yolkey both have huge rigs with suzuki logos on them. tim farr has a baldwin motorsports rig. that rig is mark baldins not hondas. jermiah doesnt have a rig w/ yamaha signs all over it. Suzuki is dumping a crap load of money into quad racing. suzuki is supplying doug and willium w/ a pit crew and honda has mark baldwin no other guys and jermiah has his dad. suzuki knows what they are doing and they are doing well. SUZUKI ROCKS!

no, doug gust rocks. Suzuki's alright.

TC426EX
05-16-2004, 02:51 PM
suzuki is WEAK, REAL WEAK

RMX500
05-16-2004, 02:57 PM
Suzuki's always been a middlechild, motorcycles - meh, quads - eh.. not too bad, cars - effin' horrible.

y'know they aren't the mustard on the hotdog..

Ryan
05-16-2004, 03:17 PM
Not to bust on all of you, but most of you have no idea what you are talking about.

RMX500
05-16-2004, 05:02 PM
not to bust your unbefallen balls but.. you don't even have a quad much less a suzuki.

Puff Daddy
05-16-2004, 05:16 PM
Yes I do have one:

(I'm pretty sure i do know what i'm talking about......... I've been riding atv's almost my whole life..............

1995 300ex

mods: T-4 slip-on Douglas 125 wheels with the widest offset you can get. front 10x6 front & 9x9 in the rear. i have Tusk T-7 handlebars with a racing cam & Maxxis Razar allaround 20x11x9 in the rear and 22x11x9 in the front.......... it's set up for XC. UNI air filter. Lonstar bearing carrier............... hood scoop to come......

I'm fixing to have a 450r or yamaha or suzuki 450 soon............

Puff Daddy
05-16-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by RMX500
if polaris gets their weights right they'll actually be competitive in the 450 class.

there's been a lot of underground rumor of a (correct me if i have the title wrong) Predator 450 Venom, which is due in the next year or 2. No word on anything about it just that it'll be 450cc's .. but obviously if polaris is making a 450cc sport they'll be giving it a competitive weight too.

as far as suzuki goes, i fully believe that the 450 motor will be competitive with the yami and honda, not better than both though that's for sure. as far as the whole machine goes it will probably be par like the Z-400 perhaps will less weight. It's highly unlikely that we'll see it with an aluminum frame because that will spike the cost and they need enough work on their current frames as is.

Please post pics soon as possible:devil:

RMX500
05-16-2004, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Puff Daddy
Please post pics soon as possible:devil:

i was talkin about ryan, not you. i know you have a quad.

anyways there's no way in hell to get a picture of a venom, there's no real facts about it much less media. polaris is good at keeping secrets.

Ryan
05-16-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by RMX500
not to bust your unbefallen balls but.. you don't even have a quad much less a suzuki.

Actually, I wasn't talking about you idiot.

And what does having a quad have to do with anything? I've ridden most of everything out there. And I just sold my quad recently to upgrade to something more competitive.

Some of you are judging about products- (machines) that haven't even been released. How can you judge anything that hasn't come out yet? And despite suzuki's past, nobody knows how this machine will perform. Sure, they have a bad history with their frames, but who knows, the new suzuki might have the strongest production frame available. Im not saying it is, but no one actually knows untill it is tested.

Puff Daddy
05-17-2004, 07:37 AM
It would be cool if they made a hexegon shaped frame or brought back the old square style..........

Tube frames have been noticed of bending & breaking........

square frames usually only break instead of bending........

I think hexegon shaped could be the future style of atv frames (it would be cool if so):devil:

(I don't like to judge I'm just saying it would be cool if suzuki got back in the game with yamaha and honda..........

Toadz400
05-17-2004, 01:10 PM
You guys are talking about how the YFZ450 is actually a 439cc, that was only because the cc limit was 440 at the time it was released, Honda got lucky because it was changed to 450cc afterwards.

Also a stroked 450 YFZ compared to a stock 450R would probably be quite a bit more powerful, correct me if I'm wrong.

I would like to see what Suzuki comes out with.

If Bombardier came out with a 450, I would definately think about buying one. They make very reliable machines and their engines are powerful and definately reliable. I would take a Bombardier over a Honda anyday.:macho

RMX500
05-17-2004, 03:10 PM

and.

i doubt Bomb's ever going to make a competitive class sport machine. they've been hunched on the 650 for years and it's still sub par.

Ryan
05-17-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
You guys are talking about how the YFZ450 is actually a 439cc, that was only because the cc limit was 440 at the time it was released, Honda got lucky because it was changed to 450cc afterwards.

I'd rather be at 440cc then 450cc. Once you HAVE TO bore the Honda out, your gonna be running the OPEN class. (Unless you spend the extra money and resleeve it.

Depending on how much damage is on the Yamaha cylinder, If its minor, you can still bore it out and still be under 450cc's without having to resleeve it.

KFX21
05-17-2004, 05:21 PM
And you think your POS EX has'nt had its problems, let's see
junk clutch, lazy excellerating, brittle swing arms, the list could
on and on for ALL manufacturers. I take EX'S to school every
weekend at the track on my wanna be Z. Besides the EX has
to have at least one Suzuki part on it, cause they can't biuld
a COMPLETE POS.

Toadz400
05-17-2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by KFX21
a COMPLETE POS.

What?

Ryan
05-17-2004, 09:53 PM
a COMPLETE POS.

:confused: :rolleyes:

RMX500
05-17-2004, 10:04 PM
a COMPLETE POS.

:huh :confused:

TRX450R2
05-18-2004, 12:33 PM
All bikes have their faults- It's being out riding against my friends that i like! :)

RMX500
05-18-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by TRX450R2
All bikes have their faults- It's being out riding against my friends that i like! :)

this is why hipppies don't make political decisions. :devil:

Toadz400
05-18-2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Puff Daddy
It would be cool if they made a hexegon shaped frame or brought back the old square style..........

Tube frames have been noticed of bending & breaking........

square frames usually only break instead of bending........

I think hexegon shaped could be the future style of atv frames (it would be cool if so):devil:

Actually triangle shaped tubing would be much stronger than a hexagon. And if I'm correct, round tubing is stronger/more durable than a hexagon or square shape would be. Or maybe it's the other way around....

oh btw...this has nothing to do with what we're talking about, but my dad picked up a $1300 TIG welder the other week....time to make my own aluminum stuff:devil:

Ryan
05-19-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Toadz400
Actually triangle shaped tubing would be much stronger than a hexagon. And if I'm correct, round tubing is stronger/more durable than a hexagon or square shape would be. Or maybe it's the other way around....

Round tubing is stronger then the others. Square or Hexagon (Example) tubing would just put all the stress on the angles of the tubing.

Kinda like what RPM does with their a-arms. They have a slight bend throughout the hole A-arm. Unlike Gibson a-arms, Where it leaves the stress in the 2 angles.

Although, I havn't heard any problems about Gibson's products :confused: .

Puff Daddy
05-21-2004, 08:20 AM
That's one good looking YFZ450.............

Is it your's

It really doesn't matter anymore, if they are made of different shapes.

(its all good, as long as it can hold a motor and other stuff & can howl me around):cool: