PDA

View Full Version : yfz tether hookup-aussie rider way

SRH
05-12-2004, 09:08 PM
how do i do it te aussie rider way i heard i folloer a red and white wire up and t hey split the long wire goes to white and short to red, do i splice into that or unhook them and hook the tether into them or what? i dont wanan **** anything up

Aussiequadrider
05-12-2004, 11:24 PM
Here you go----
After telling half you guys how to connect your kill switch to the solid white wire, this way is disabled when you install a vortex cdi.

So I've worked out a better way that works for both cdi.
Follow the wires up from the oil filler plug (four wires) to just before the first connector (under the hood) the wires separate into pairs.
Pick the white/red pair and splice the longest wire out of the kill switch into the white wire and the short wire from the k/switch into the red wire.
No need to earth any wire.

Good luck, Geoff.

SRH
05-13-2004, 05:28 PM
so how do i hook the kill switch wires in, peel some covering off and rap the kill switch wire around the bare wire or do i use connectors? thanks

Aussiequadrider
05-13-2004, 07:08 PM
Peel, solder and wrap or conectors are fine.

Geoff.

SRH
05-13-2004, 09:57 PM
so i just peel the covering off soem wrap the tether wires aroudn those wires and walaaa?

Aussiequadrider
05-14-2004, 02:19 AM
yep, and hold your tongue right:eek2:

Geoff.

jlhughes750
05-14-2004, 09:42 AM
just wondering??? why not run the short wire form the killswitch straight to the frame for a ground???

Aussiequadrider
05-14-2004, 03:55 PM
That is a totally different method and will only work with certain cdi's.

Geoff.

SRH
05-14-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Aussiequadrider
yep, and hold your tongue right:eek2:

Geoff.

thanks i think im gonan try to hook it up tonight

j joyner
05-31-2004, 09:07 PM
there is a plug you can buy to hook it up right. check on it to avoid any elect. problems

Quad18star
05-31-2004, 10:14 PM
I hooked mine up today by wiring into the white wire and grounding the other wire on the tether cord . The whole process too like 30 minutes . One thing ... make sure if you undo any of the connectors , connect them back up . We forgot we disconnected and tried starting it ... after about 2 minuets of pumping the throttle with the choke on we remembered that the connecters were undone ... as soon as we connected them up and i hit the start button the quad back fired like a Mother F*****r . I guess when pumping the throttle the cylinder filled up with gas . No word of a lie , it sounded like a gun shot goign off in my garage . Lucky I didn't blow the quad to shreds . You can do it the aussierider way , or you can splice into the white wire and then ground the other .... very simple to do . I did mine by following how Aussierider did his the first time . It was very helpfull .