PDA

View Full Version : need help computer virus

Greg Z
05-12-2004, 08:32 PM
hey well my friend sent me a file that had a trojan on it and she ****ed with my computer like turned **** upside down and sent messages to me as a joke then she said she took it off but my norton wont be able to open up and I wont be able to restore to an Earlyer date.... She said if i quick restore my whole computer it will just reinstall... I dont know what the **** to do.... can some one help me out im going crazy...

massjunglist
05-12-2004, 09:01 PM
www.spysweeper.com

Greg Z
05-12-2004, 09:11 PM
is a trojan just spy ware or something?

atvrider12764
05-12-2004, 09:21 PM
why would a "friend" send another friend a virus?

Greg Z
05-12-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by atvrider12764
why would a "friend" send another friend a virus? bah an old friend we started talking yesterday we stoped talking 2 years ago dont aks me why.... im really pissed off now i just need people to help me...

gojk
05-13-2004, 12:45 AM
Go to grisoft.com and download their free antivirus program. Install it, restart, update it, and run a full scan. That will fix it up for you.

Greg Z
05-13-2004, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by gojk
Go to grisoft.com and download their free antivirus program. Install it, restart, update it, and run a full scan. That will fix it up for you. dont think it would work.. it kills anything that is downloaded that can get rid of it AKA doesnt open up norton or another programe to get rid of it :-\

zephead400ex
05-13-2004, 08:28 AM
What version of windows do you have? Do you know what trojan it is?

Go to housecall.antivirus.com. Run the free scanner from there, you are basically "streaming" the scanner, not actually downloading anything.

If that does not work, go to vil.nai.com/vil/stinger. You have to download stinger.exe. This is a very good program.

Someone mentioned www.grisoft.com. This is a good program. It is called AVG. It is totally free and doesn't screw with sh*t like Norton and McAfee.

I am sure I can help you, just give me a little more info.

later

Greg Z
05-13-2004, 04:41 PM
hey i fully restored my PC because I had to do it.. Its been like 2 years since i restored it and now much faster. I had backdoor.prorat virus... it sucked lol:o

Syrus
05-13-2004, 06:50 PM
Download avg virus scanner