PDA

View Full Version : ELKA shocks and a- arms

keepitpinned
05-12-2004, 08:08 PM
Since im getting more power for my quad im looking inot getting a suspenion upgrade. I really like the elks shocks so im going with them. their is so many to choose from though. what ones are best for what riding? I ride mostly trails, and occasional jumps. I love to fly down wide trails and pound the whoops. also what is the difference between regular extended a arms and long travel a arms? are the long travel a arms extended too? what is the best overall setup?

maxamillion
05-12-2004, 08:41 PM
standard travel shocks are 16in and long travel are around 19in. you will have to buy long travel a-arms if you are going to use long travel shocks. The advantages of the long travel:have more travel obviosly and the builder of the shock has more room to set them up how you want them. You can also adjust the ride height with long travel. With standard travel a-arms you can use a stock length shock(16in). You can get both standard and long travel arms in pretty much whatever size you want.+0,+1,+2,+3.
You would probably be happy with standard +2 arms with elkas. If money is not an issue go w/ long travel.

redrunner
05-13-2004, 08:17 AM
I am going to a set of elkas also, just going with the recreational style w/o rezzies they can be added later though. I can't speak from experience but the more you spend the better the shock. so if you go up inot the racing style it should be good. Elka will ask you what type of riding you do and plan to do, they are very helpful.;)

cdalejef
05-13-2004, 09:47 AM
Any of the models will be setup to your type of riding, just get the best that your budget will allow.

400exBro
05-13-2004, 04:54 PM
i am trying to sell a set of elka shocks, triple rate, ssd, compression adjust, piggy back with shock covers and adjusting tools... New oil and nitrogen put in by elka the beginning of winter, set up for 180 lbs rider mx, +3 a arms, these are standered travel and are under 1 year old...

looking to get 650 - 680 U.S + shipping OBO??
i have pics, let me know, btw these are in the for sale forum as well..
thanks