PDA

View Full Version : about riding. important

450rboy
05-12-2004, 12:12 PM
where i live. there are lots of places to ride. but to get to some of those places you have to ride this trail called Rails and Trails. Now the government has very bought this and now they say we can't ride on it. now they are black topping it too. i think its pretty stupid. because who in the heck would run or ride the bicycle on that when maybe some one could come out and maybe kill them or rape them you never know. and this Rails and Trails goes though the woods right beside the river. yea but the bad thing about this now. we can't ride on it but i and a lot of other people still will. i will keep on riding on it till they pass the law here where people can ride 4 wheelers and dirt bikes on it.

i live in punxsutawney, pennsylvania. if any one lives around there or knows what i am talking about. please tell me what you think. i need a lot of help

thanks bye

wilkin250r
05-12-2004, 12:27 PM
obey the law...

team_450_88
05-12-2004, 12:33 PM
Yea I know wut u mean...but if u keep riding on it all ur gonna do is piss the government off more at us quads...they shut down our trails as it is..Get into mx and go ride at ur local track everyweekend is all I can say !!

Tommy 17
05-12-2004, 01:14 PM
sry to tell u but they are all over PA... EX the ghost town trail in nanty glo...

u gotta live with it bc hundreds of people use those places...

LTandRaptorider
05-12-2004, 01:24 PM
Yep, it's called 'Rails to Trails'. They tear up old, unused rail lines and turn them in to bicycle/jogging trails. I actually think it's a good idea. Only bad part is after the restoration, some riding areas get closed down. Biking is a good way to stay in shape, and I'd rather they have those trails to ride on, than the highways!;)

sportraxrider10
05-12-2004, 02:56 PM
yea they have them in ohio too, it goes from youngstown (if any of you know where thats at) to lake erie, straight up.

PHIL_B54
05-12-2004, 03:42 PM
got it in Iowa too, called The Trace

anyway, before it was converted over you could ride on it. now they will confiscate your quad if they catch you. There are other ways to get around and other places to ride. I would stay off of it.

450rboy
05-12-2004, 04:27 PM
well lets just say i won't be riding on it as much as i am. but no people are gonna be running on it riding bicycles on it any way. i have. the government is just wasting the money on nothing. when they could be putting the money towards something more important

rockwilda1089
05-12-2004, 04:29 PM
the gov't ain't confiscating a damn thing from me! most of you guys race and got all these performance mods, all you gotta do is run from em! its illegal to ride on the mountain i ride on but we still do, the cops either got 4x4 atvs or 4x4 suvs, now if you cant outrun them you got a problem!

450rboy
05-12-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by team_450_88
Yea I know wut u mean...but if u keep riding on it all ur gonna do is piss the government off more at us quads...they shut down our trails as it is..Get into mx and go ride at ur local track everyweekend is all I can say !!

well man i would race mx but i don't really care for it as much as i do gncc. thanks for the help though. good idea though to. and one other thing. my dad doesn't want me racing mx any way

450rboy
05-12-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Yep, it's called 'Rails to Trails'. They tear up old, unused rail lines and turn them in to bicycle/jogging trails. I actually think it's a good idea. Only bad part is after the restoration, some riding areas get closed down. Biking is a good way to stay in shape, and I'd rather they have those trails to ride on, than the highways!;)

yea but i have only seen a few people riding there bikes on it. and just some people run or walk on it. who in the heck would run out in the would where dsome one might try to rape them to maybe do something else.

thanks though

450rboy
05-12-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by rockwilda1089
the gov't ain't confiscating a damn thing from me! most of you guys race and got all these performance mods, all you gotta do is run from em! its illegal to ride on the mountain i ride on but we still do, the cops either got 4x4 atvs or 4x4 suvs, now if you cant outrun them you got a problem!

yea man that is what i am thinking the same too. its the same way over where i live. if you don't get away your screw. but i only run on back roads if i do run on a road ever or just cross them. yea but i got to go slow for people won't get mad.

i like what your saying. your welcome

450rboy
05-12-2004, 08:06 PM
does any one got any thing else to say

batgeek
05-12-2004, 08:23 PM
i have a lovely bunch of coconuts.

redroost85
05-12-2004, 08:29 PM
I live in Greenville and most of the play riding I do when I'm not racing mx is in friends' fields or practice tracks.

I get too nervous just hauling off down a set of tracks....many guys around here have almost got their quads confiscated on the spot.:eek2: :(

That's why I just stick to private land and race tracks.:)