PDA

View Full Version : Best grips

quallerd
05-11-2004, 10:07 PM
What do you feel are the best all around grips out?

redroost85
05-12-2004, 08:07 AM
I'm an Oury man myself. Won't run nothing but Oury.

Wait till Rico chimes in with how great Spider grips are, lol!:p :D

05-12-2004, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by redroost85
I'm an Oury man myself. Won't run nothing but Oury.

Wait till Rico chimes in with how great Spider grips are, lol!:p :D

:D

You know who I voted for....LOL

Pappy
05-12-2004, 08:46 AM
i was turned onto Oury grips a few years back and i loved them. Then Jeff started telling me to try a set of spider grips. So i finally order a set and he was right, they work better for me. The Oury's were too fat for my hand. Even my kids run spider grips now, and they love them.

And i raced 2 races back to back a few weeks ago and not one blister. for me thats a record:p

Silverfox@C&DRacing
05-12-2004, 12:36 PM
I like the spider grip that you mentioned I don't care for the spider grip with the flange. the other grip I like alot is the smith dual density.

KY Woods Rider
05-12-2004, 09:42 PM
I always recommend using whatever grip fits your hand best. I can put up with getting a few blisters, but I can't put up with having a grip that doesn't feel natural in my hand. There is a performance aspect of choosing a grip that fits your hand too, because if your grips aren't a comfortable size and pattern for your hand, it can be one of the contributing factors of arm pump. I run plain old Scott Hurricane ATV grips for this reason, they just seem to fit my hand better than all the other grips I've tried.

I've never tried Spider grips, so I don't know about them.

Between the Oury and the Pro Grip, I'd go with Pro Grip. The Pro Grip aren't the greatest in my opinion (yeah, I know what you're thinking, Scott grips are better right?:rolleyes: ), but I despise Oury grips. The main reason being that the Oury grips feel huge to me, and I don't have small hands either, I wear a size 11 (XL) glove. I really don't like the extremely soft rubber of the Oury grips either. Although it feels nice and is good at preventing blisters, it seems too soft to me, and it feels like the whole grip twists a bit when riding hard, although it's just the rubber flexing and the grip isn't actually moving. When you combine the large feeling with the twisting feeling, I feel like I'm struggling to keep the bars in my hands, and that causes the Oury grips to give me arm pump in a short period of time. Of course, like I said above, use what suits you the best.

zfire_28
05-12-2004, 11:27 PM
I ran oury grips for a while and really loved how soft they were, but they were too fat around, and were causing me arm pump. So I went back to what always worked best for me, Renthal mediums.

sethg
05-13-2004, 02:57 PM
I like Smith Soft waffle MX grips, but I also run a twist throttle too. Yes, I race XC.

brazilian rider
05-13-2004, 03:46 PM
I have a progrip and never heard of this one
Can somebody post some pics of Oury and Spider?
Where can I find them?

Florida400EX
05-13-2004, 08:37 PM
Renthal Hard.

Berry
05-13-2004, 08:50 PM
oury all the way! they fit my hand perfect, and when you get them broke in they get real sticky and your hand grips them awesome!

muff
05-13-2004, 09:10 PM
i love my spider grips...

05-13-2004, 09:22 PM
i tried the oury and the spider...and i have to say...the spider is a ton better...the spiders are the only grip i have ever used that actually take some of the vibration out of the bars...they are smaller and fit your hand a ton better...my hand are pretty big anyway seeing im pretty tall and all...but they felt so much better on the spider then the oury...the spider slimeline gives off a ton more grip also...i wouldnt ever take them off now that they are on...spider all the way:macho

sethg
05-13-2004, 09:50 PM
Are the spider for twist throttle too?

05-13-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by sethg
Are the spider for twist throttle too?

yep :D :macho