PDA

View Full Version : E Ton clutch mod...need instruction

Pappy
05-11-2004, 08:56 PM
I just recieved in my clutch mod kit, new spring and weights. Ive never done this to a mini so I could use some instruction if anyone cares to help.

Ill be gone for a few days but Ill say thanks in advance.

Samson
05-12-2004, 07:10 AM
There is an eton manual you on download at www.miniatvs.com that might help you out.

Pretty good info too!

Good luck!

atv4kids
05-12-2004, 08:46 AM
There is also an explanation of the cvt transmission in the tech section of forum.

Pappy
05-12-2004, 08:58 AM
ive given up on that site. ive tried to register (thats the only way to view any thing...pretty worthless IMO) on both my home and work PC.

If anyone knows the procedure post it...if not dont worry about it.

dalyz250f
05-12-2004, 09:43 AM
The clutch mod will go much better if you have an impact wrench. If you don't you can use one of those strap wrench things, I did and it worked fine for me. There is a good suggestion on how to remove the large torsion spring on the offroad.com web site.
http://www.off-road.com/atv/kidskorner/images/spanner.jpg

Also on the site there are some pics of the clutch that I found useful as well. Good Luck

atv4kids
05-12-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
ive given up on that site. ive tried to register (thats the only way to view any thing...pretty worthless IMO) on both my home and work PC.

If anyone knows the procedure post it...if not dont worry about it.

Thats to bad. They have a lot of great info on there.

markvette
05-15-2004, 05:06 PM
take the clutch cover off the quad. you will need an air impact wrench after this. the belt rides in the front part which is the variator. take the nut off the variator, take bolt washer star nut and outer variator half off. next take the inner variator half off with the collar . take the back half out and the rollers are inside and they can now be replaced, take the nut off the rear clutch , take the bell off, slide the clutch and pulley off. put the nut on the clutch side in a vise, use a large pipe wrench of large channel locks to screw the pully off the clutch. when loose spin it with your hand while holding down on the pully as when it comes loose it will spring apart. replace the 3 springs in the clutch, a scratch awl works great for getting them off and installing the new ones. while you have the springs off open the clutch shoes until you see some little rubber washers under them, remove these. put new torque drive spring on and reasemble clutch and pulley. put clutch assembly on motor first, install inner variator half on shaft, spread rear pulley with hands and push belt down in pulley as far as you cam. slip belt on front variator collar. install outer variator half with kick stary mech, star, washer and bolt. you are done

Mark

dalyz250f
05-15-2004, 05:20 PM
Markvette: why do you remove the rubber things under the clutch shoes? What was their original purpose?

markvette
05-16-2004, 08:38 PM
the little rubber donuts are there as a bumper to keep the clutch shoes from making noise, the shoes move more freely with these out. we have found that the clutch operates better with these removed.

Mark

dalyz250f
05-16-2004, 09:08 PM
Cool. Thanks for the info. The next time I have it apart I will remove them.

ACME ROCKET CO.
05-16-2004, 09:33 PM
It adds a small amount of stall since the shoes are further in also.:blah:

phaster1
05-17-2004, 08:16 AM

WOW!!! who pissed in your cheerios??? LOL

atv4kids
05-17-2004, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by ACME ROCKET CO.
It adds a small amount of stall since the shoes are further in also.:blah:

But if I stall wont I lose the race?

ACME ROCKET CO.
05-17-2004, 11:23 AM
uncle al
you done lost the race. LOL by the way this is markvette on acme rocket co. computer.
hey wheres bubbas pictures i sent you for the website.

Mark

Pappy
05-18-2004, 03:02 PM
thanks for the help!:)