PDA

View Full Version : Air Boot

Chanman420q
05-11-2004, 07:26 PM
the boot that goes from the air box to the carb will not stay on. ive tried a new clamp, tightening it as hard as i can etc. my hair box moves around a lot.. anytime i hit a bump the boot comes off, i cant seem to find where the air box isnt hooked up and i think thats the problem. its still bolted in the back but as far as anywhere else i dont remember any other place:o

muff
05-11-2004, 09:17 PM
when you put the clamp on is the boot on all of the way?

try taking out the bolt that holds the airbox on and then pushing the boot as far as possible then clamping it and putting the bolt back in

miken
05-12-2004, 11:32 AM
The box is held on with the bolt you mention and the 2 holes that mount the box to the frame rails (on a 300ex). Try unclamping from the carb side hooking up to the airbox real good and reconnecting to the carb?
Mike -

WKY400EX
05-12-2004, 01:41 PM
Sounds like the problem I had before. Check to see if the airbox is broken. If one of the tabs that hold the airbox onto the frame rails is broken, the airbox will move up and down while riding. This will pull the airboot off of the carb, no matter how tight you've got the clamp. Just a thought.