PDA

View Full Version : atv or dirtbikes

mxrider666
05-11-2004, 07:06 PM
What would be better to race with. An atv or a dirtbike. I raced a year on an atv already and I was thinkin about gettin a dirtbike to race.

quadchick3
05-11-2004, 07:20 PM
well you came to an atv website to ask if you should race a quad or bike im gonna take a wild guess right now but chances are everyone is gonna say quad lol.

I think u should continue racing ur quad.

wanna_race
05-12-2004, 05:52 AM
you should continue racing quad beacause you already know the game now u can improve and now uve raced a quad dirtbikes arent fun at all

KY Woods Rider
05-12-2004, 01:54 PM
I would say that you should go with whatever you have the most experience riding. If you have roughly the same amount of experience on both, then ride the one you feel most comfortable and confident on.

I've rode quads basically my entire life, but I've also ridden dirt bikes some too. I had always ridden in the woods, but a few years ago I decided to buy an MX bike and start racing MX too. Since I'd had dirt bikes before, I figured I could do pretty good on them. Well, I was wrong. Even though a stock MX bike is much more suited to MX racing than a stock quad, I can actually turn faster lap times on a completely stock quad than I can on a modified MX bike. It's just that my comparative lack of experience on bikes causes me to make stupid mistakes and I never feel confident in pushing the limits. On the other hand, I've been riding quads long enough that I don't make nearly as many mistakes and I'm 100% confident in my ability while riding them. So, while I'm goofing up and doing my best imitation of a snail on a modified MX bike, I'm willing to take a stock quad and push it to its limit. Even though a modified MX bike is better for MX than a stock quad, it isn't better for me. So, I think your best bet is to ride what you have the most experience with and feel the most comfortable riding.