PDA

View Full Version : Just an Observation...

LTandRaptorider
05-11-2004, 06:32 PM
I just got back from taking a ride to sort of clear the cobwebs out... Going through a little town, I saw a dad pulling his little girl in a wagon. I had to smile... looked like he just had time to take his suit jacket off, there he was in tie pulling her down the sidewalk. It's a busy, crazy world we live in, but I was reminded it's the little things in life that make a difference. Don't forget to take some time out for your kids, and give them a hug and tell them you love them. Let them know they are the most important things in life... because they are. And always remember... your children are a reflection of yourselves. ;)

I now return you to your regular programming.:)

Bad Habit
05-11-2004, 06:40 PM
Is your real name Jack Handy, as in, "Deep Thoughts.....with Jack Handy" :D

J/K with ya. You speakum truth pale man.

Andrew400ex
05-11-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
I just got back from taking a ride to sort of clear the cobwebs out... Going through a little town, I saw a dad pulling his little girl in a wagon. I had to smile... looked like he just had time to take his suit jacket off, there he was in tie pulling her down the sidewalk. It's a busy, crazy world we live in, but I was reminded it's the little things in life that make a difference. Don't forget to take some time out for your kids, and give them a hug and tell them you love them. Let them know they are the most important things in life... because they are. And always remember... your children are a reflection of yourselves. ;)

I now return you to your regular programming.:)
Awwwwww that's really great. Thanks for bring that to our attention.:huh

JOEX
05-11-2004, 07:03 PM
And always remember... your children are a reflection of yourselves. ;)
I don't have any kids, does that mean i'm invisible?:huh :p J/K

I know what you mean;) :)

redrider69
05-11-2004, 07:08 PM
that really touched the heart man lol i remember when pops pulled me in the wagon good times good times cant wait till i can have kids with out mom flippin out that will be several years

redroost85
05-11-2004, 07:12 PM
Good thread LT. Let us never forget how good some of us have it. Even all the stuff that surrounds us, it is indeed the intangible things that make life worth living.

God Bless America.:)

05-11-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by redrider69
that really touched the heart man lol i remember when pops pulled me in the wagon good times good times cant wait till i can have kids with out mom flippin out that will be several years we can get married in sanfrancisco & adopt a kid ;)

redrider69
05-11-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
we can get married in sanfrancisco & adopt a kid ;)

yea buts thats in 3 years when im 18 and thats a LONG time lmfao

xr50layke
05-11-2004, 08:09 PM
yeah when i have kids, thell be my life

ILGNCC400EX
05-11-2004, 08:21 PM
yep i try

SRH
05-11-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
we can get married in sanfrancisco & adopt a kid ;)

what???????????????????? are you hedrosexually challenged?

Quad18star
05-11-2004, 08:36 PM

I now return you to your regular programming.:) Its true that your children are a reflection of yourself .... Im not a father ( atleast that i know of ;) ) but I know a few people who grew up with their parents not given a chit , and now they are always in trouble with the law and in jail , drugs ect . I know kids that coem from a good home can turn out like this but most of the time they come from parents that don't care or who are never around . I've always been really close to my parents since im their only kid ( Kid ... ha .. Im 21 now but ya know) , and I know being clsoe to them has helped out quite a bit in life so far . Hell my mom has taught me how to cook and not burn stuff :rolleyes: ( most of the time) and my dad has taught me how to work on cars ... turn what was a rusted out junker and turned it into an award winning muscle car / show car . As kids we always complain about how dumb the rules are and when we get older and have kids we'll let them stay out late and wont be mad when they drink at 15 ... Ive said it ... I'm sure many others have said it , but I know when I'm a parent theres gunan be rules and theres gunna be lots of time spent teaching what my parents ahve taught ... make sure they have the memories of camping , fishing , working on cars , "trying" to cook etc instead of letting them have memories of all the episodes of a TV show they've watched on the idiot box .

redrunner
05-11-2004, 09:01 PM
Very good to take the time to look at things that way. It brings purpose and meaning to your life when you need it most. LT things are always to get better when seen in a brighter light, my son is the brightest.;)

LTandRaptorider
05-11-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
I don't have any kids, does that mean i'm invisible?:huh :p J/K

I know what you mean;) :)

I don't either... which I'm told is a good thing...

JUSTINcredible
05-11-2004, 09:13 PM
i remember the halloween snow storm in 1991 when we got like 3 ft of snow and the roads were closed, he pulled me in the sled up to the bad to get a case of beer, lol:blah:

JOEX
05-11-2004, 09:19 PM
I don't either... which I'm told is a good thing...
That's what I tell myself.....

wilkin250r
05-11-2004, 09:38 PM
And always remember... your children are a reflection of yourselves. ;)

My kid is really wierd, and she's kind of an airhead. What does that say about me? :confused:

LTandRaptorider
05-11-2004, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
My kid is really wierd, and she's kind of an airhead. What does that say about me? :confused:

I hate to state the obvious...:blah:

I really have to learn to control my moments of reflection...:o

wilkin250r
05-11-2004, 09:56 PM
I never knew I was an airhead. Why doesn't someone tell me these things?!? :p

bulkdriverlp
05-11-2004, 10:05 PM
if i ever have kids they wont know anything about video games:mad: they will be able to identify everytree in the forrest and any stray rodent or any beautiful bird!!:cool: if you keep kids intersted in the outdoors they will be alot better off.ed

QuadJunkies
05-12-2004, 12:24 AM
Good thread........;)
We all live such busy lives and sometimes its hard to get ANY quality time with our kids....:( But no matter what. We HAVE to do this!!! Its the small things in life that are the most impressional....This wk end we all just chilled by thefire outback and roasted Hot dogs and watched movies and my kids told me right before that ":Mom......Today was a great day":) I cant imagine my life w/o them.........

400exmom
05-12-2004, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies

I cant imagine my life w/o them......... ditto!:)

my oldest "guy" went into the gas station with me i had to buy cigs. got my cigs and the lady asked me if i had gas i replied no~ my sweet son replied no but she had it last night~...:mad: the 10 other people in line thought that was cute:mad:

LTandRaptorider
05-12-2004, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by 400exmom
ditto!:)

my oldest "guy" went into the gas station with me i had to buy cigs. got my cigs and the lady asked me if i had gas i replied no~ my sweet son replied no but she had it last night~...:mad: the 10 other people in line thought that was cute:mad:

hehe!:D Sounds like something I'd say... and yes, it was funny!:D :blah:

I'm still giggling... :o

Stevie-D
05-12-2004, 06:57 AM
my dad used to push me around in the wheelbarrow.:p i sure got a kick out of that

QuadJunkies
05-12-2004, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by 400exmom
ditto!:)

my oldest "guy" went into the gas station with me i had to buy cigs. got my cigs and the lady asked me if i had gas i replied no~ my sweet son replied no but she had it last night~...:mad: the 10 other people in line thought that was cute:mad: ROLF!!!!! Thats funny!!!!!!:p When my Son was 3, he asked the Cashier at the store if she had Menepause:eek: :o :p

SCOOTER450R
05-12-2004, 08:58 AM
My wife and I have four kidz all together.
3 boys and 1 girl, I wouldn't trade them for anything.
We are always saying that time is going to fast.
My wife let me get my 450R about 2 weeks before our youngest was born (3/26/04) and I have to admit that having a baby is way better than getting a new quad. Life is good with children.
And I would rather buy gas for quads than pay for cable tv...

Anyways if your young wait until you grow up alittle before poking alittle fun at your partner, she just might take you serious and 9 months later you have a baby and be selling the quad for baby stuff.

zephead400ex
05-12-2004, 10:00 AM
I do not necessarily want a child right now, but I can't wait until I have a little one. I like seeing a difference that I make in a childs life, it is very rewarding to know that you make a difference. Can't wait to take my children riding and fishing;)

LTandRaptorider
05-12-2004, 10:02 AM
ROLF!!!!! Thats funny!!!!!!:p When my Son was 3, he asked the Cashier at the store if she had Menepause:eek: :o :p

That's great!:D

And what did the cashier say to that?:p I'd say your son is learning early to watch out for ******y women... he'll learn to be subtle later!;)

QuadJunkies
05-12-2004, 10:56 AM
That's great!:D

And what did the cashier say to that?:p I'd say your son is learning early to watch out for ******y women... he'll learn to be subtle later!;) She had this look.......:huh

LOL!!!:p She replied with a firm NO!:grr:

Then he said..."Yes you do..........You need Senocot":o (Menupause pills)

I think my son watched too much TV commercials when he was little.......

Its funny...This kid already thinks all the girls want him .........

And hes ONLY in the 1st grade.....:eek2:

LTandRaptorider
05-12-2004, 11:27 AM
She had this look.......:huh

LOL!!!:p She replied with a firm NO!:grr:

Then he said..."Yes you do..........You need Senocot":o (Menupause pills)

I think my son watched too much TV commercials when he was little.......

Its funny...This kid already thinks all the girls want him .........

And hes ONLY in the 1st grade.....:eek2:

haha! :D

Apparently he has a good nose on him too!:eek2: :p

PHAT400
05-12-2004, 12:15 PM
Thanks RAP.. I need that every once in awhile... and to all you yung'ns that have no idea what we ol farts are talking about... hopefully some day you will have your own, good kid bad kid, you will still have this deep rooted warm calming feeling knowing that you have helped to develope a life beside your own. If you are 1 of those unlucky one's that have not had it so good, just remember, if you have no parent's who love you.......

"I DO" so be good and go clean your room..
I'm a pretty alright dad.

:D

Gotta go now,, have you ever seen a 6' 236 lb grown man blubber..... I love my boy... I need to call him now and tell him... you never know, I may not make it home one day....

:(