PDA

View Full Version : Latest quadtech hood

quallerd
05-11-2004, 05:55 PM
Has anybody seen the pics of the latest quadtech hood for the 450r yet. There are a couple from the GNC Round #6 Muddy Creek race, Joe Byrd was running one. It's kinda tuff to tell with all the mud though! It's not yet listed on the quadtech website. Does anyone have any better pics of it that they could post? Price??

jmoney45
05-11-2004, 07:12 PM
Latest as in a new style? I have a quad tech on mine but not sure if it's what you're talking about. Click on my website below for a pic.

quallerd
05-11-2004, 08:59 PM
Yes, as in new style! Quadtech has another new/different hood out for the 450. It has a scoop up front. Looks pretty sweet! It's totally different from the one that you have. I'm trying to decide which one I like better.

Pappy
05-11-2004, 09:02 PM
i was kinda pissed off when my quadtech came in. it is very very thin...not as thin as a carbonman hood but thinner then what i had on my 250r. i bet there isnt $7 worth of material in this $170 pos:(

quallerd
05-11-2004, 09:04 PM
If you click on the GNC Round #6 Muddy Creek pick on the home page of exriders and go to page 5 you can find a pick of it almost all the way at the bottom of the page. Joe Byrd is running with it. The guys at T&T motorsport were telling me about it. Check it out!!

quallerd
05-11-2004, 09:15 PM
Have you had any problems with the durability of the hood? How does it look after it's been beat up on a little? Does it clean up well, or does it pit real easy from flying debris/stones/sand? I'm just kinda wondering what our $170 dollar investment is going to look like after a few good races, no what I mean!

lukester720
05-11-2004, 09:36 PM
I agree pappy they do look a little thin. I went to bucks run the other day and was ripping down the trails at a decent speed when I hit a rock that threw my quad into the enbankment causing me to flip. When I got up and flipped my quad over expecting the hood to be shattered but it didn't have a scratch on it. It held up and I was glad, so hopefully they are stronger than they look.

JH Racing16
05-12-2004, 07:25 AM
The hood Joe had on is the NASA hood it will be avaiable in a week or so. It should be the same price as the flat hood.

TCracin440ex
05-12-2004, 08:35 AM
Johnny why dont you post some pics of your 450r...my friend chance told me that you are working on a nasty 450r...i want to see what it looks like..

macsolocam
05-12-2004, 09:58 PM
The very sick nasty 450r he is working on is mine....I will have some up dated pictures up next week. Johnny has been working really hard getting all of my aftermarket parts in and on my bike. I won't be there with all my parts yet, but I'm getting closer everyday. My next updated pictures will not be much different than the finale product.:D

quallerd
05-18-2004, 01:44 PM
Doesn't anyone have a good close up pic of the new quadtech hood. I was hoping that someone did, especially since all of the interest that it has generated! I have seen the ones post here on the site from the GNC Round #6 Muddy Creek race, but they are of very poor quality. If anyone has one please post it. Thanks!