PDA

View Full Version : About the law.

atl_josh
05-11-2004, 04:09 PM
Is a 4-wheeler considered a motor vehicle?
Someone please tell me, cant find anything on the web about it being one.

400EXcrazy
05-11-2004, 04:36 PM
out in the west it is considered that or a motorcycle but here in tennessee it is just considered an atv i tryed to make mine street legal but i couldnt so me and some friends are starting a business in makin street legal 4 wheelers QUADZMOTO

wilkin250r
05-11-2004, 10:27 PM
Different states, different laws. It also depends on the actual application you are talking about. As far as "street legal", some states it is considered a motorcycle, other states it is not.

However, even if your state does not define an ATV as a motorcycle, and you ride in an area closed to motorcycles, I don't think you can argue your way out of the ticket...

atl_josh
05-11-2004, 10:50 PM
I should be able to, got jury trial next week. They dropped my brothers charges, and left mine. Charged me with wreckless driving and fleeing and attempting to elude. :(

Got to try whatever. They want to charge me up to 5,000 in fine and half a year without licence and a year of probation and 40 hours of community service :( And for something I didnt do. So I think we will win.

Quad18star
05-11-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by atl_josh
I should be able to, got jury trial next week. They dropped my brothers charges, and left mine. Charged me with wreckless driving and fleeing and attempting to elude. :(

Got to try whatever. They want to charge me up to 5,000 in fine and half a year without licence and a year of probation and 40 hours of community service :( And for something I didnt do. So I think we will win. Charged with wreckless , fleeing from authority and attempting to elude ??? Doesn't sound like you did nothing ... I'm sure the police didn't just make that kinda stuff up .... be ready for the community hours !!!!

RMX500
05-11-2004, 11:02 PM
wreckless driving and fleeing makes it real easy for us ATV'ers to have respectfor our sport, or have any real hope of street legality.

idamann
05-12-2004, 05:08 AM
I'm curious here, are there any states where you can make a ATV street legal?

the state of Florida has made it impossible, and I'm searching for another state that might have relaxed rules,,,,I heard something about South Dakota maybe?

Id@

popo
05-12-2004, 06:09 AM
An ATV is considered a motorized vehicle. no matter off road or not,

Thou it may not be street legal, DUI enforment and other related offense's are up held by you local court system.

I don't see you winning your case.

idamann
05-12-2004, 10:35 AM
yeah, in FL, you can get a DUI on a bicycle, and I guess if thats true, you can be charged with evading if you run as well.

Id@

longie
05-12-2004, 11:13 AM
They can be ridden on the street, without a m/c license in Arizona, as long as they have turn signals, brake lights, horn and a coupla other things that I can't remember right now.

SGA
05-12-2004, 12:49 PM
My friend got a DUI on my moped! :D

LTandRaptorider
05-12-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by SGA
My friend got a DUI on my moped! :D

You should've switched places with him so he wouldn't have gotten in trouble!:D

redroost85
05-12-2004, 05:43 PM
Ok this is a little off topic, but I got to share this one. This story is entirely true.

Some yahoo that lives up the way was tired of trying to drive home from the bars all tanked up. So one night he rode his horse out to one of the country bars. So as luck would have it he gets lit, gets on his horse.....................you fricking guessed it!:devil: He got pulled over for DUI on his dam horse.....I 'but pi$$ed myself when I heard that.

Whaddya think about that one?...............all true too!:eek: :)

MOFO
05-12-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by redroost85
Ok this is a little off topic, but I got to share this one. This story is entirely true.

Some yahoo that lives up the way was tired of trying to drive home from the bars all tanked up. So one night he rode his horse out to one of the country bars. So as luck would have it he gets lit, gets on his horse.....................you fricking guessed it!:devil: He got pulled over for DUI on his dam horse.....I 'but pi$$ed myself when I heard that.

LMAO... now thats funny!

longie
05-13-2004, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by redroost85

A guy in the town I grew up in got a few DUI's so he decided to drive his tractor into/out of town...DUI, if that wasn't enough some time later he thought that he could use his lawn mower....DUI

That doesn't top the horse, though.