PDA

View Full Version : 250r/300ex A-arms

"BLAHH"300!!
03-19-2002, 01:55 PM
i know this has been discused a number of times
i want to make sure you guys know the 250r a-arms will fit my 300ex before i buy them. what all am i ganna need...the arms and tie rods. better shocks, longer brake lines, &? can i just undo the front wheels brake's and all from my 300ex a-arms and bolt them right on the 250r's? are the angels the same? length of the bolts?
also what about this....instead of cutting the top shock mounts, could i put a lowering kit on the lower a-arms (just bolts on where the 300ex shock does but makes the shocks sit further appart) think this would work? or..instead of cutting the top shock mount could i make some sort of brakett's to bolt in the top shock mount holes but move the shocks further up? (that is the reason right,? the 250r's shocks are longer and if i mount em in my 300ex bolt holes the front end will be sitting up higher a few inches?)..let me know all details before i make this purchase..
anyone in here make some sort of braket or lowering kit for this to work? how much ya' want?

i found a helladeal for some upper and lowers r/l with tie rods for $*.**:blah the pic looked good i e-maild him about em' but havn't recived an answer yet..the tie rods didn't have ends on em' will my 300ex's tie rod ends' screw up on them and work?
thanx guys
:blah"BLAHH"!!

BANSHEEadam
03-19-2002, 09:28 PM
Can't answer any of your questions.. wish I had tried it when I had the 300ex.
But.. since I didn't, I STILL have these shocks, a-arms, tie rods, and shockwears for sale off a 2001 400ex. So BLAHH if you would like to have some brand new shocks to go with the a-arms, instead of some that are 14 + years old, let me know.
And... if for some reason you want the new a-arms too, I got a set waitin for you!:D (OR ANYONE!! I NEED TO SELL THEM)

Let me know if you want any of my stuff.

dgerdes@fidnet.com

Red Rooster
03-20-2002, 12:14 PM
I did this mod and have one comment. You don't need new/extended brakelines.

"BLAHH"300!!
03-20-2002, 01:11 PM
is it +2 on each side or +1 on one side, and +1 on the other? +2 tottal?

what else do i need to know?