PDA

View Full Version : Mothers day storms

JUSTINcredible
05-10-2004, 09:59 PM
yesterday around 5pm the twin cities area got hit with very severe thunderstorms. here at 5:30 the sirens went off and the sheriffs department spotted a tornado 2 miles west of here, a few minutes later before it even started to rain the winds blew hard (82 mph at the local airport) and that lasted for 5 or 6 minutes only. then we get heavy rain and golf ball size hail. the tornado was small and only stayed on the ground for a few moments, but there is still alot of damage around town, mostly trees but a few garges were blown apart and a some small damage to houses from trees falling on them and windows blown out.

all over the twin cities tornadoes and wind damage were reported, no injuries tho.

ill try and get some pictures up of our yard tomorrow else u can see pictures from around the twin cities at www.kare11.com and click on mothers day storm photos

JUSTINcredible
05-10-2004, 10:06 PM
or go here for the pictures http://www.kare11.com/weather/wxspy/slideshow-wxspy.html

05-10-2004, 10:25 PM
tornadoes are scary shiz!! i use to live in OKC ... not goo news:eek2:

JUSTINcredible
05-11-2004, 05:58 PM
well we still dont have any power at my house . we are staying at my grandparents house, hopefully for the last night. we are supposed to get more sever storms tonight and are in another tornado watch till i think 10pm or so.

tomorrow power should be back on and ill try to get some pics up!