PDA

View Full Version : jetting?

royh
05-10-2004, 08:49 PM
I just put the hrc kit in my new 450 R today and I don't know what" wrong. I let it idle a couple of minutes and the header turned cherry red. The valves are in tolerance so I don't think that is it. I put the main jet, needle, air box lid, and spark arrester from the kit in. I also put on a new K&N air filter. The gas is a blend of about 50, 50 pump and 110 sunoco. Road it last night after dark and no problem. Was wondering if the jetting id too lean, the jet is a 185. If it's the jet, how big should I need to go?

SandDuner
05-22-2004, 05:27 PM
First off do u have a high compression piston in if not i dont think u should be running 110 octane cause if u read around u should not run high octane with out high compression piston in. just saying... The header will turn cherry red some people have had that happen to them so i think u are fine im not really sure..

05-22-2004, 07:34 PM
this scared the hell out of me too , till i called a friend. ALL high po 4 strokes do this at idle(crf/yzf) it is in part because the header pipe is so thin. don't wory;)