PDA

View Full Version : someone help

wwclea01
05-10-2004, 07:02 PM
Ok I raced my first harescramble this weekend. I ride a 250r. Let me tell you, I had a blast. The only thing is that I could hardly make it the last 30 to 40 min of the race because I couldnt push my throttle. I have noticed my throttle is a little hard but I didnt think it would cause me any trouble, but it did. I need to know if there is a way to fix this. would the cause of it being hard be in the slide or the cable. I am going to try and lube my cable and see if it helps

05-10-2004, 07:04 PM
u might need to update it , if its the original throttle from 1980's then i dunno... time to throw some 21st century into that 250R:devil:

LTandRaptorider
05-10-2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by wwclea01
Ok I raced my first harescramble this weekend. I ride a 250r. Let me tell you, I had a blast. The only thing is that I could hardly make it the last 30 to 40 min of the race because I couldnt push my throttle. I have noticed my throttle is a little hard but I didnt think it would cause me any trouble, but it did. I need to know if there is a way to fix this. would the cause of it being hard be in the slide or the cable. I am going to try and lube my cable and see if it helps

Might be time for a new cable. You could also check to make sure the slide in the carb isn't hanging up, or the throttle return spring in the carb.

wwclea01
05-10-2004, 08:08 PM
I would say its the cable because its not real hard to push in but you notice racing a hour and a half

bulkdriverlp
05-10-2004, 09:35 PM
thumb rastle to get it in shape lol.:rolleyes: ed

wwclea01
05-11-2004, 06:46 AM
I wouldnt of had any trouble if it wasnt so hard to push in.

05-11-2004, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by wwclea01
I wouldnt of had any trouble if it wasnt so hard to push in.

My carb is modified to have an easy push and with a brand new cable on it, after about an hour of racing my thumb will still cramp. NO offense but I think the problem is you and not the quad...:D

A new cable and what not will help but don't expect your next race to not have any problems..:cool:

proracer23
05-11-2004, 07:45 PM
If the thumb throttle is stiff, it might not be the cable, it could be the return spring in the carb itself. I have had the same problem and I cut some of the spring off to make it easier. www.justdirtracing.net