PDA

View Full Version : Got in from riding banshee...

Toadz400
05-10-2004, 05:33 PM
Just to let you know, I haven't ridden my Banshee since January and I just got it started yesterday. Took awhile, it was flooded after attempting to kick start it too many times but it started after a couple push starts. I figured the jetting would be rich and it'd run like crap (it's jetted for -30 degree weather)...but for some reason it ran GREAT. I took it up and down our landing strip (my dad owns a couple ultralights) and I forgot about how fast these things are!

Seriously, I don't know how the Banshee is still legal! I'm going to be putting on a 13t front sprocket soon (one smaller) so that should take away a lot of top end because my dad finds it too fast for it's own good...which I sorta have to agree with him on it, but I love speed:devil: .

I'm looking at ordering a Vito's Hemi cool head with 22cc domes, which I can get for a decent price ($246 with domes, free shipping) off of eBay.

After not riding a 'shee for 5 months you start to forget about how much insane power they have...the only quad I've ridden that comes near the power of a Banshee is the YFZ450, which felt a lot like the same powerband...so being a 2-stroke lover, I would kill for a YFZ450....it would look great along side my Banshee:D .

Btw...anyone want to buy a 400EX?:blah:

RMX500
05-10-2004, 05:52 PM
yeh stock banshee's are so insanely fast :rolleyes:

it's a wonder speed like that is legal .. :rolleyes:

flyin#5
05-10-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by RMX500

yeah, your gay.

your welcome for getting it started for you AGAIN :blah: :p . but yea... that thing absolutly rips... gotta love shee's. and btw... his isnt stock, but im sure your *cough* Fugi *cough* errr polaris could whip on it right?:rolleyes:

Toadz400
05-10-2004, 06:05 PM

I'm not even going to say anything to that...and my Banshee isn't stock...

You fly your dark Costa Rican *** up here and we'll drag:grr: .

AtvMxRider
05-10-2004, 06:14 PM

WTF was that for. Must be a Polaris thing:rolleyes:

Toadz400
05-10-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
WTF was that for. Must be a Polaris thing:rolleyes:

Must be.

Wtf is RMX500's problem?? Every single post I read of his is saying either how great his POS Predator is or putting down other people.

Seriously KID, wake up to reality. No one cares about how "great" your Pred is, we all just want to ride and have fun. My thread was just saying how much I enjoyed getting my Banshee running again and taking it for a ride...and you have to put up a ****ing negative post.

And what's this **** I read about your Pred being 375 lbs, is that after taking out the engine and everything else?? If someone did the same thing you did to your Pred to lighten it up, their quad would weigh probably around 15-20 lbs...Preds are tanks, fast tanks I might add, but no one goes out of their way to put you down, so shut the hell up if you don't have anything positive to say....that's all I have to say. No flame intended:rolleyes: .

LTandRaptorider
05-10-2004, 06:30 PM
It's always good to fire up the quad and ride after months of hibernation! Do you fly the Ultralights too? That would be cool.

Toadz400
05-10-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
It's always good to fire up the quad and ride after months of hibernation! Do you fly the Ultralights too? That would be cool.

My dad is trying to get me into it, he has a one-seater, a frame for one, an engine for another, and a 2-seater which he is completely rebuilding at his brother's house.

I might get into it later this summer when he has his 2-seater down, which he's going to use as a trainer after he gets the license that lets him teach. His 2-seater has a Bombardier 582 2-stroke twin liquid cooled, thing screams pretty good;) .

I'm kinda not looking foward to it though, my uncle crashed his ultralight yesterday. The screws in this plate for the points came loose so the engine died instantly while in flight, crashed from about 300 ft. My uncle was fine, but he did about $1000 worth of damage to his plane.

AtvMxRider
05-10-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Do you fly the Ultralights too? That would be cool.

No you can't fly one.......:p

Toadz400
05-10-2004, 06:49 PM

Haha...if you want to get some lessons in, my dad will teach you for a small fee:blah: . I get to learn for free:cool: .

Oh and I forgot to directly answer LTandRaptorider's question, yes I have flown before...but not currently.

LTandRaptorider
05-10-2004, 06:54 PM

:mad: dammit! that was gonna be my next question!!:p

LTandRaptorider
05-10-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
Haha...if you want to get some lessons in, my dad will teach you for a small fee:blah: . I get to learn for free:cool: .

Oh and I forgot to directly answer LTandRaptorider's question, yes I have flown before...but not currently.

See? He says I can fly one!:D

errr... how much is a small fee?:confused:

RMX500
05-10-2004, 08:03 PM
1. I'm white

2. I've praised the Predator and I've bashed it a lot too, you'll notice... no wait you wont.. I've said myself I want to get an R and trade the Predator.

3. I've never held my Predator over anyone elses quad unless it's someone glorifying their machine for no reason.

4. You're the fanboy, making this thread and immediately making that "rev if you blah blah banshee's" thread.

5. Must be a polaris thing? I've barely said a peep about Polaris since I joined this site.

6. It's got chromoly in the frame, no lights, no battery, less plastic, dif heelguards, dif axle, a-arms, airbox, lighter exhaust, lighter bars, lighter wheels and some other more minor things. 375lbs dry.

Finally, if you're just gonna flame back don't talk about being positive since you're gonna play my game and carry it out this far.

Thanks.

Bobbs07
05-10-2004, 09:07 PM
1. I'm white

2. I've praised the Predator and I've bashed it a lot too, you'll notice... no wait you wont.. I've said myself I want to get an R and trade the Predator.

3. I've never held my Predator over anyone elses quad unless it's someone glorifying their machine for no reason.

4. You're the fanboy, making this thread and immediately making that "rev if you blah blah banshee's" thread.

5. Must be a polaris thing? I've barely said a peep about Polaris since I joined this site.

6. It's got chromoly in the frame, no lights, no battery, less plastic, dif heelguards, dif axle, a-arms, airbox, lighter exhaust, lighter bars, lighter wheels and some other more minor things. 375lbs dry.

Finally, if you're just gonna flame back don't talk about being positive since you're gonna play my game and carry it out this far.

Thanks.

All i ever see you doing is flaming.

05-10-2004, 09:20 PM
RMX you said u removed all this stuff frmo ur pred to make it lighter then if u removed ur battery then how do u start it huh? cough electric start cough key word there is electric.

LTandRaptorider
05-11-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by DRichitty
RMX you said u removed all this stuff frmo ur pred to make it lighter then if u removed ur battery then how do u start it huh? cough electric start cough key word there is electric.

And here he's been wondering all this time why it wouldn't start! :D :blah:

RMX500
05-11-2004, 12:40 PM
i didn't realize my battery was out till i just got reminded there.

:eek2:

**** now I need a new airbox and a battery.

Toadz400
05-11-2004, 03:25 PM
1. If you live in Costa Rica, no you're not.

2. I've never seen you bash a Predator or say you want an R.

3. Can you tell me when I was glorifying my machine for no reason? If you have a problem with me saying I miss the power of my Banshee, don't continue reading it and making a dumb comment.

4. Fanboy? What the hell does that mean?

5. Polaris blows, period.

6. If I did all that to my 400EX or Banshee...it'd weigh 275...

Finally, if you're just gonna flame in the first place, don't make a post!!! You talk about me flaming back and playing your game? You shouldn't be playing that game period, that's what EXRiders is all about.

JDiablo
05-11-2004, 03:45 PM

2. I've never seen you bash a Predator or say you want an R.

3. Can you tell me when I was glorifying my machine for no reason? If you have a problem with me saying I miss the power of my Banshee, don't continue reading it and making a dumb comment.

4. Fanboy? What the hell does that mean?

5. Polaris blows, period.

6. If I did all that to my 400EX or Banshee...it'd weigh 275...

Finally, if you're just gonna flame in the first place, don't make a post!!! You talk about me flaming back and playing your game? You shouldn't be playing that game period, that's what EXRiders is all about.

he got owned.....:eek2: sorry i had to say something,lol you got any pix of your slow banshee?i mean fast one....ooppss:p

LTandRaptorider
05-11-2004, 04:28 PM

1. I'm white

I love it!:D

RMX500
05-11-2004, 05:44 PM
you can't beat adolescent ignorance. Seeing as how I have a home in Costa Rica I MUST be Costa Rican. There's no way in friggin' heck I'm a whitey from up north that spends winter months in Costa Rica.

NO WAY

anyways

1. Answered above ya hick.

2. Read the 450R forum a$s clown.

3. It wasn't about you glorifying your machine, it was about me NOT glorifying my machine yet you accused me of it in your original reply to me...

4. If you don't know what a fanboy is you ought to get around more

5. ATV of the year, first 700EFI, Best open class sport model and some of the best snowmobiles money can buy. Polaris Sucks.

6. What a revelation... why don't we see any 275lb 400EX's then?

Finally, if you're going to reply in numbered lists at least provide sub-intelligent responses instead of just being ignorant of the truth and telling the story the way you wish it was.

Thanks.

flyin#5
05-11-2004, 06:04 PM
you can't beat adolescent ignorance. Seeing as how I have a home in Costa Rica I MUST be Costa Rican. There's no way in friggin' heck I'm a whitey from up north that spends winter months in Costa Rica.

NO WAY

anyways

1. Answered above ya hick.

2. Read the 450R forum a$s clown.

3. It wasn't about you glorifying your machine, it was about me NOT glorifying my machine yet you accused me of it in your original reply to me...

4. If you don't know what a fanboy is you ought to get around more

5. ATV of the year, first 700EFI, Best open class sport model and some of the best snowmobiles money can buy. Polaris Sucks.

6. What a revelation... why don't we see any 275lb 400EX's then?

Finally, if you're going to reply in numbered lists at least provide sub-intelligent responses instead of just being ignorant of the truth and telling the story the way you wish it was.

Thanks.

seems to me its spring..... :confused:

yes, we are hicks.... :huh

yes, polaris is so good... 700efi........ are you kidding me? the things roll sideways more than forwards. there snowmobiles can be ok, but wow do the new ones look like crap... and there engines just blow (trust us, we know people who put them together in our town)

RMX500
05-11-2004, 06:07 PM
yeah it is spring. and guess where I am. O' Canada.... ~

Anyways I think just about every snowmobile company made some ugly stuff this year. I love the Sportsman 700 though, my father has one and it's been great so far with some lifters, new suspension goodies and big wheels.

flyin#5
05-11-2004, 08:08 PM
yeah it is spring. and guess where I am. O' Canada.... ~

oh, that explains it:rolleyes: :eek2: :p

Toadz400
05-11-2004, 08:48 PM
O' Canada.... ~

:huh ...okay dude, I'd be more proud of being Costa Rican than Canadian (it's not even a real country anyway)......do you ever watch South Park?:devil:

We have a Polaris factory in our town and anyone who works there only buys Polaris stuff because they get a good discount, otherwise they say they'd never buy one.

Okay, enough with the flaming...this thread is going to get locked down soon if this continues. I'm sorry for fighting back and playing your "game" which you are so good at.:rolleyes: . Truce? (Can't believe I said that to a Canadian *shudders*)

RMX500
05-11-2004, 08:53 PM
i'm not terribly proud of canada. we have a crap government and pathetic industry.

i plan on moving to CT when I'm done university. it's just i was born and raised in canada so it wasn't my choice to live here.

i'm a yank at heart and most of my good friends are all in the US, boston, CT, colorado, oregon, most of them in the armed forces too.

Chef
05-11-2004, 09:04 PM
Let me try!!

1. You could be white if you were in Costa Rica and stayed indoors all the time. But now you are in Canadia so who knows?

2. I have seen you post and say you want a 450R.

3. I remember you both talking other people down and talking down your decision to buy that Polarass.

4. Yea I was hoping you would tell us what a fanboy is because I dont know either. :confused:

5. ATV of the year? Why is it still so damn slow then?

6. Because we need our battery's to start em...how bout a 350lb one full of fuel and oil? And why does Chromoly in your frame make it lighter?

Numbered lists are sweet!!:blah:

Toadz400
05-11-2004, 09:04 PM
i'm not terribly proud of canada. we have a crap government and pathetic industry.

i plan on moving to CT when I'm done university. it's just i was born and raised in canada so it wasn't my choice to live here.

i'm a yank at heart and most of my good friends are all in the US, boston, CT, colorado, oregon, most of them in the armed forces too.

Well then I guess you're not that bad if you can admit your country sucks somewhat.

Toadz400
05-11-2004, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Chef
Let me try!!

1. You could be white if you were in Costa Rica and stayed indoors all the time. But now you are in Canadia so who knows?

3. I remember you both talking other people down and talking down your decision to buy that Polarass.

4. Yea I was hoping you would tell us what a fanboy is because I dont know either. :confused:

6. Because we need our battery's to start em...how bout a 350lb one full of fuel and oil? And why does Chromoly in your frame make it lighter?

Lol...nice.

JDiablo
05-11-2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Chef
Let me try!!

RMX500
05-11-2004, 09:34 PM
Well then I guess you're not that bad if you can admit your country sucks somewhat.

sucks a little more than somewhat. it's still freezing at night here and in the morning.

ledofthezep
05-14-2004, 01:12 PM
Just to let you know, I haven't ridden my Banshee since January and I just got it started yesterday. Took awhile, it was flooded after attempting to kick start it too many times but it started after a couple push starts. I figured the jetting would be rich and it'd run like crap (it's jetted for -30 degree weather)...but for some reason it ran GREAT. I took it up and down our landing strip (my dad owns a couple ultralights) and I forgot about how fast these things are!

Seriously, I don't know how the Banshee is still legal! I'm going to be putting on a 13t front sprocket soon (one smaller) so that should take away a lot of top end because my dad finds it too fast for it's own good...which I sorta have to agree with him on it, but I love speed .

I'm looking at ordering a Vito's Hemi cool head with 22cc domes, which I can get for a decent price ($246 with domes, free shipping) off of eBay.

After not riding a 'shee for 5 months you start to forget about how much insane power they have...the only quad I've ridden that comes near the power of a Banshee is the YFZ450, which felt a lot like the same powerband...so being a 2-stroke lover, I would kill for a YFZ450....it would look great along side my Banshee .

Btw...anyone want to buy a 400EX?

Now you know why I have a banshee & a 400ex.:D