PDA

View Full Version : Installing an FCR Carb

tdsongster
05-10-2004, 05:11 PM
I have never changed a carb and am wondering if I should do it myself or take it somewhere. If I take it somewhere I don't know who. I live in Omaha NE, and don't like powersports pro, gretna honda says they won't install anything they didn't sell, finally there is CNT Racing which has only been in business for a year.

I would like C & D to do it, but they are to far away.

Thanks...

Silverfox@C&DRacing
05-10-2004, 05:19 PM
you could call Colby he can walk you throuh it otherwise we will be headed that way this weekend for the brooks IA HS.

Quadzilla
05-10-2004, 05:25 PM
Piece of cake as long as you get an FCR with the right adaptors on it (C&D can hook you up with the right stuff).

KASCHAK
05-10-2004, 09:20 PM
not trying to confuse him but dont you need to boil the rubber manifold to get it to squeese in there?

foleyit
05-10-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Quadzilla
Piece of cake as long as you get an FCR with the right adaptors on it (C&D can hook you up with the right stuff).

Exactly, did your FCR come with adaptors? If you didn't get the adaptors, I would recommend them. It's not necessary just makes the installation easier and probably flows better too.

Another question is how good are you taking a part and putting things back together. I ask because it is easier if you take off your gas tank to install your carb.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
05-11-2004, 09:00 AM
of course he got the adaptors He bought the carb from C&D ;)

tdsongster
05-12-2004, 07:57 AM
That would be really cool except that I will be out of town this weekend.

Thanks anyways though.

As always C & D goes out of their way to help a customer!

Quadzilla
05-12-2004, 08:20 AM
Be sure to replace your intake manifold O-ring before you put it back on. Mine ended up having a small leak causing me HOURS of pain trying to track it down. I thought it was one of my air boots, but it was the O-ring. If you develop a leak in the O-ring or one of your boots, the motor will lean out and eventually blow....