View Full Version : Sand Tires!

EXDUNER127
05-10-2004, 12:35 PM
In experience which sand tires do you guys run and like (rear)
like which do you like with drag, hill shooting, duning weight etc. i am debating which ones to get for the dunes?

04'400ex'er
05-10-2004, 02:57 PM
If you want the best hookup, Go with the haulers or a strait paddle tire like that. If you want the best side hilling and slideability, go with the sand skate II's or the cheaper, heavyer sand sharks if you dont jump. If you want the best of both worlds, get the sand stars. they turn better than the haulers, and hook up better than the sand skates. The inner paddles dont let you turn quite as well, but they hook up good. They look really good too. I got mine in for little sahara a month ago and already like them.

EXDUNER127
05-10-2004, 03:00 PM
i was checking those out, how heavy are they compared to the kenda geckos, cause those are some heavy tires. i know they are not as light as the haulers , but are they close?

sandthrower
05-10-2004, 04:33 PM
I have the GBC Paddle Master's and I love them they hook up great and doing the big bowls are great. they slide good to .:eek2:

04'400ex'er
05-10-2004, 04:35 PM
dont get the gecko's. The heaviest of the tires i listed are the haulers and the sand sharks. I wouldent get them if you jump.

beastlyblaster5
05-10-2004, 07:21 PM
the type of tire dont matter if your jumping ignore those guys i ride dunes everyday n i run sand skate 2's they r awesome dont buy haulers the blades r glued on n they will fall off on a mean holeshot i had them n stripped them bald in 2 days :grr: any ways nice paddles are the kenda geckos they have a nice blade n hook up like a straight blade but still can turn like a v blade also are the itp sandstars they r the best paddles i ever ran i borrowed them from a friend for a day n climed more thyen than any other day you can slide jump and climb so ultimately the itp sandstars are the best

cummingetit
05-10-2004, 08:16 PM
I have sand skate 2's and really like them for jumping and carving, though I am lookind into another sand tire for better strait line performance. I think the SS2 is a great all around sand tire and it is very durable too, you wont be sorry if you go with this tire.

foleyit
05-10-2004, 10:44 PM
Yeah, I have the Sand Skate IIs and they have been great sand tires for me. I like to carve and jump too. I've ridden on some Geckos and they seemed to be a pretty nice tire. I rode just as hard with them as I did with the Sand Skate IIs. But they are definitely a heavy tire.

04'400ex'er
05-11-2004, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by beastlyblaster5
the type of tire dont matter if your jumping ignore those guys i ride dunes everyday n i run sand skate 2's they r awesome dont buy haulers the blades r glued on n they will fall off on a mean holeshot i had them n stripped them bald in 2 days :grr: any ways nice paddles are the kenda geckos they have a nice blade n hook up like a straight blade but still can turn like a v blade also are the itp sandstars they r the best paddles i ever ran i borrowed them from a friend for a day n climed more thyen than any other day you can slide jump and climb so ultimately the itp sandstars are the best

Uh, Thats what i said. I never said the type of tire mattered if you jump, I said the WEIGHT.:huh

EXDUNER127
05-11-2004, 09:26 AM
So now my choices are the SS2's, haulers or the sandstars...
Which is your opinion of the these for duning and sand drags?

04'400ex'er
05-11-2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by EXDUNER127
So now my choices are the SS2's, haulers or the sandstars...
Which is your opinion of the these for duning and sand drags?

The SSII's will slide the best. If your gonna be cuttin' donuts, Get these. The haulers will hook up the best in a drag. The sand stars are what i chose, and are the best of both worlds. They hook up better than the ss2's , but slide better than the haulers.