PDA

View Full Version : anyone else getting screwed at local MX races?

quadrcr161
05-10-2004, 10:31 AM
just as it reads, does anyone else get screwed over at the locals? are you used as track matainance by them flooding the track and making you practice first? when i say flooding i mean where you get stuck and have to be pulled out by a tractor (even in the last heat). the last few races ive been to we have got the raw end of the deal. i know dirt bikes dont like us but when we pay someone to race there i feel like i should get some of the same respect esp since i payed the same as the dirt bikes. a month ago when we raced at a track they split the amature class up because we had more then 20 there (gate only holds 12), this past saturday they double rowed us because an extra heat would take time away from the dirt bikes.

is there anything that could be done? has anyone changed it up a little at their track to get some respect? or should i just go and run in the mud and not care? if its the last option ill just stay away from the track. sorry for the rant just still upset aboutt his weekend. thanks guys.

QuadJunkies
05-10-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by quadrcr161
just as it reads, does anyone else get screwed over at the locals? are you used as track matainance by them flooding the track and making you practice first? when i say flooding i mean where you get stuck and have to be pulled out by a tractor (even in the last heat). the last few races ive been to we have got the raw end of the deal. i know dirt bikes dont like us but when we pay someone to race there i feel like i should get some of the same respect esp since i payed the same as the dirt bikes. a month ago when we raced at a track they split the amature class up because we had more then 20 there (gate only holds 12), this past saturday they double rowed us because an extra heat would take time away from the dirt bikes.

is there anything that could be done? has anyone changed it up a little at their track to get some respect? or should i just go and run in the mud and not care? if its the last option ill just stay away from the track. sorry for the rant just still upset aboutt his weekend. thanks guys. I think most of us can share your fustrations, I know I can.....We just have to make this sport as big as the bikes do I guess to ba able to have some pull.....:mad: We have made some progress here,but not much........

Moto92
05-10-2004, 12:18 PM
As long as you got four wheels under you get used to it.
We are track sweepers in the morning and then run the last motos in the afternoon when its nothing but dust.
Some tracks are worse than others and those are the ones you just stay away from.

Bretmd94
05-10-2004, 12:46 PM
I complained about my tract already once on here, but the racing doesnt seem as bad.

They dont over water here to the point of it being mud, but they do mix up the dirt in some places causing it to be like riding through very very soft sand. It sucks.

BUT

Even though they do have the quads practice first in the fluff, the quads had the 3rd moto. And after intermission they re fluffed the track in those places. Well the 2 classes of dirt bikes got to the fluff first.... It made me realize why they have the quads go over it first. The 2 motos of dirtbikes on the not compactied dirt totally rutted up, and tore the track apart in those areas.

In other words, dont complain about being used as a track cleaner because if they make the dirtbikes go out there first the track turns to crap.

We do get some hate form certian dirtbike riders. It just makes me want to be faster and clear bigger jumps though. Extra motivation.

quadrcr161
05-10-2004, 01:03 PM
i see your points about how the dirt bikes can really screw up the track. its just i hate having to practice 1st just to clean the track for those ungratefully pricks. i am not new to racing, but just getting back into it and getting into mx so when i go out for practice i would like to practice and work on the jumps, not slide around and get stuck, practice does me no good that way. i also hate having to spend 3 hours with a pressure washer cleaning it to make sure i carried the right quad home because it was so muddy i couldnt tell. we practice and race 1st, and then before intermission, im glad to get out of there early but the reason sucks. plus i hate only having to pick pro/am or am class, when we need more classes but dont because it gets into the dirt bike time.

05-10-2004, 01:17 PM
here at district 6 in pa. sometracks for mx mix it up week to week. one week bikes start first then following week quads first. i race harescrambles and used to race mx for fun but i got tired of all the waiting around for motos and results take forever so i just stick with xc racing. you just show up and race for 2 hours and go home. much easier that way.

Bretmd94
05-10-2004, 01:33 PM
I would be pissed also. Cleaning up the track for us jsut means a couple laps of that fluff stuff. I only practice the jumps on the 4th lap of practice.

quadrcr161
05-10-2004, 01:49 PM
were only getting 3-4 laps of practice and 4 laps per moto. :rolleyes:

redrider410
05-10-2004, 02:18 PM
AT most of my local tracks its the same. But we practice last and ride last. I used to race dirt bikes but switched to quads when i was old enough and never had a problem with quads. I see alot of racism towards quads from these dirt bikers. I just put up with the trash talking guys thats all.

Quadude32
05-10-2004, 02:37 PM
I feel your pain i ve delt with it for yrs.Most of the time i try to advoid practise do to its nothing but MUD:mad:

stonerider250x
05-10-2004, 02:58 PM

we have alot of the same problems here. but we are always pratice #8 and race #11 so wew are right in the middle of 23 classes. but they still seem to not care as much for the quads as much as the bikes.
1.they dont worry bout watering the track before we go out like they do all the other events. so its really dusty. some times to the point where we cant see.

2. after we start the decide that its way to dusty. so they start watering while we are out there. they do this with all the other classes to but they are more careful while the bikes are out there. ive been shot my water trucks at least 3 times in one race. and got soaked

3. the annoncers do ****ty job while were on the track only sayting anything at the end. while they are steady annocing dirtbikes all through the race.

:mad:

Ryan
05-10-2004, 04:05 PM
Thats one thing I like about harescrambles. Usually never have to deal with any of this (Quad vs Bike) BS.

Berry
05-10-2004, 04:14 PM
how old are you?

if there are alot of you quad riders that are not liking this behavior why dont you try to make your own track so everyone will come there, and you can maintain the track so that everyone enjoys it and will want to come back!

JRDrider22
05-10-2004, 06:13 PM
not at atco. at atco they use a hose that the maintenence crew walk around the perimieter of the track and ther eis hoses layn there like fire hoses. they jus shoot some water in each section where it is dry. the track is always kick @$$. they do a great job with it . we get 2 practices, for about average 7 laps. then the motos are somehow mixed up and then put in order. there is 5 laps a moto.

4wheelboy
05-10-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by JRDrider22
not at atco. at atco they use a hose that the maintenence crew walk around the perimieter of the track and ther eis hoses layn there like fire hoses. they jus shoot some water in each section where it is dry. the track is always kick @$$. they do a great job with it . we get 2 practices, for about average 7 laps. then the motos are somehow mixed up and then put in order. there is 5 laps a moto.

not to mention the girls that work the food and sign- in sheds:eek2: :devil:

etown was a mess yesterday they watered all day and some spots got really muddy. But it was cool cuss jason dunklburger (sp?) was there. hes so fastt its crazi :macho

turnandburn
05-10-2004, 06:47 PM
i feel your pain but i think if we start fighting over quads and dirtbikes no one wins but if we band togther and work at it both can be happy. yes bike rut up the track but they cant turn like we can and use them to turn and we dont like the ruts because it makes it hard for us to turn. they run us in between the little bikes and the big bikes it helps all riders.quad rider #'s are growing so be patient and help each other out we are all racers no matter what it is you ride! my 2 cents

JRDrider22
05-10-2004, 06:55 PM
yea the girls there are amzing at atco...r u goin to practice this friday??

4wheelboy
05-10-2004, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by JRDrider22
yea the girls there are amzing at atco...r u goin to practice this friday??

yeap u?:cool: