PDA

View Full Version : 2006 honda minis

Hawk III
05-10-2004, 07:08 AM
I heard some interesting things that are supposed to come out of honda sometime next year as 2006 models. Let me start by saying that I heard this from a person that works with honda....on the 450r stuff. I am not going to say who it is that told me this. There is no reason to point him out...I wanted to bring this up for discussion purposes only.
Anyway, the new mini coming is supposed to be the trx85r. Supposedly, it will be in a scaled down frame similar to the 450 with a cr85 motor attached.
The 2nd bike that he talked about was a trx250crf. This quad would have of course the crf250 motor in it that would be considered in todays bike's as a 125 class quad. He said that this quad is scaled down some what but very close to what the 450r is today.
He pointed out that the 250 will be as advanced as the 450's are today.
I don't know about the rest of the dads and moms on here that have taken their minis and built them for their kids like the big bikes did in the past, but in my opinion, this will make the other manufacturers (suz, yam, and kaw) get in the game down the road. It gave me a warm feeling to think maybe the "kids" will have something in the not so distant future that they can really ride that will be very close to racing off the show room floor!!

Quadworks
05-10-2004, 07:15 AM
I hope your right. Honda hasn't had anything real powerful for the kids. The mini market is getting to be very big anymore I hope HONDA does step up to the plate.

dirtmomma
05-10-2004, 08:27 AM
Oh yeah that would be sweet if Honda came out w/ a mini!! I know we'd be gettin' one!!

300exOH
05-10-2004, 08:33 AM
I would buy one for my son in a heartbeat. I think the manufacturers need to step it up with the mini's. Something with decent handling and suspension would be nice. The trx90 is very outdated. I think the kids would be much safer with something with a design more like the modern adult models. Maybe a dual a arm design with a bigger chassis. My boy is almost 10 and he's getting to big for these mini's already. It would be nice if they would come up with something around 125cc's on a 300ex chassis for the older youths. Honda and everyone else needs to step it up for the future riders.

Hawk III
05-10-2004, 11:56 AM
from what I was told, both of these minis will go beyond what a 300ex is/was. I think the 125 will be a great new class to get the kids that are 10-13 or so on a nice bike, rather than a utility quad with no performance or suspension...or building a one off.

markvette
05-10-2004, 12:44 PM
in 2006 2 strokes will be outlawed. cant see honda putting a 2 stroke in a mini frame. most of your other mini quad manufactures are working on 4 stroke models as we speak. some even with dual a-arms. cantgive anymore details but i can say this came directly for a mini manufacturer.

Mark

JOEX
05-10-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by markvette
in 2006 2 strokes will be outlawed. cant see honda putting a 2 stroke in a mini frame. most of your other mini quad manufactures are working on 4 stroke models as we speak. some even with dual a-arms. cantgive anymore details but i can say this came directly for a mini manufacturer.

Mark
Damn teaser!:cuss: :p :D

This almost makes me want to have kids!:huh :p

foleyit
05-10-2004, 10:57 PM

Mark

I heard the same thing in reference to the Kasea mini models. I am definitely planning on purchasing another Skyhawk 50 while I can. I've got another kid right behind my duaghter, and he already likes to ride. I'm sure I will need to get another one for racing.

Hawk III
05-11-2004, 07:31 AM
Correct me if I am wrong here but the 2 stroke is not completely going away. I believe the way they are getting around it is for competition only. Sure most of the manufacturers are heading towards 4 strokes, but the the 250's, 125's, 85's, and 65's are not going away for the 2006 model years. I am going to do a little more research on the matter and I will get back to everyone.

AtvMxRider
05-14-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by JOEX

This almost makes me want to have kids!:huh :p

:huh Are you nuts?

JOEX
05-14-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
:huh Are you nuts?
That's an understaement!:o :eek:

I would like a little more regular practice though!:devil:

Mxjunkie
05-15-2004, 06:02 PM
that trx85 would fly, i hope they make one maybe it will be the xr50 of quad riders

C41Xracer
05-15-2004, 08:57 PM

Mark

actually this statement is wrong...........any and all 2 strokes produced after 2006 have to meet all epa regulations in order to be produced.