PDA

View Full Version : Atv Fantasy Camp

SECCRS
05-10-2004, 06:58 AM
I am working on a ATV FANTASY CAMP. Where regular riders have a chance to get out and ride with some of the top proffesionals in atv racing.

It is scheduled for Durhamtown Plantation (20 minutes from Rnd 3 GNCC)on August 12-15. With registration and welcoming dinner taking place on Thursday the 12. Friday and Saturday will have 2.5 hour riding session in the morning and in the afternoon. And a lil harescramble (FOR FUN NOT COMPETITVE) on Sunday morning Followed by a Champions luncheon. www.durhamtown.com

Right now the riders that have contacted me and are interested are:
Bryan Cook
Chad Duvall
Mike Houston
Jeff Stoess
Santo Derisi
Johnny Gallagher
Travis Hill PRO-AM
Angel Atwell WOMAN
Todd Demaree PRO-AM
Mike Penland

We are looking to have 10 regular riders per PRO. Giving them a chance to ride with 4-5 different pro's.

We have not set the price yet it will depend on how many pro's will be coming. But expect it to be $325 and that will include all your riding, meals and primitive camping. Hook ups and Cabins are available at an additional fee.

More is to come later this week and we hope to have a web site up soon. So if your are interested please let me know. This will be limited to only 200 riders.

We are still in search of more sponsors so if you are intersted please contact me and I will send you the information.

Also still in search of more PRO and PRO-AM and WOMAN riders.

Douglas Parker
Douglasparker@hotmail.com

QuadJunkies
05-10-2004, 10:42 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by SECCRS
I am working on a ATV FANTASY CAMP. Where regular riders have a chance to get out and ride with some of the top proffesionals in atv racing.

It is scheduled for Durhamtown Plantation (20 minutes from Rnd 3 GNCC)on August 12-15. With registration and welcoming dinner taking place on Thursday the 12. Friday and Saturday will have 2.5 hour riding session in the morning and in the afternoon. And a lil harescramble (FOR FUN NOT COMPETITVE) on Sunday morning Followed by a Champions luncheon. www.durhamtown.com

Right now the riders that have contacted me and are interested are:
Bryan Cook
Chad Duvall
Mike Houston
Jeff Stoess
Santo Derisi
Johnny Gallagher
Travis Hill PRO-AM
Angel Atwell WOMAN
Todd Demaree PRO-AM
Mike Penland

We are looking to have 10 regular riders per PRO. Giving them a chance to ride with 4-5 different pro's.

We have not set the price yet it will depend on how many pro's will be coming. But expect it to be $325 and that will include all your riding, meals and primitive camping. Hook ups and Cabins are available at an additional fee.

More is to come later this week and we hope to have a web site up soon. So if your are interested please let me know. This will be limited to only 200 riders.

We are still in search of more sponsors so if you are intersted please contact me and I will send you the information.

Also still in search of more PRO and PRO-AM and WOMAN riders.

Douglas Parker
Douglasparker@hotmail.com [/QUOT

Why does all the good stuff happen back east.........:( I would LOVE to go!!:blah:

Tina

foxracingpredat
05-10-2004, 06:59 PM
I am very interested in the ATV camp!! I would like some more info though, such as how much riding time do you get, what kind of terrain, how nice of riding land? This sounds like a ton of fun and I would really want to make the drive once I get more info! Thanks

Wingnut
05-10-2004, 08:21 PM
Are all meals provided? It sounds interesting, and it's close to home for me. Have you contacted any MX racers? I know I need a lot of help on the MX tracks.:o

GNCC225
05-10-2004, 08:35 PM
Ya i need to know about the meals, i might go if all the food is free. Let me know.

SECCRS
05-10-2004, 09:24 PM
WOW what a responce!!!

I have received 23 email just today, plus what is here on the site.

To answer your question about the meal here is what is included.

Welcoming Dinner Thursday night
Friday and Saturday will give you 3 meals, Breakfast lunch and Dinner.
Sunday will be Breakfast and a champions luncheon to finish the event.

If you have never been to Durhamtown Plantation this place is a top notch facility. You will find just about every riding enviroment. With over 3,000 acres,from Climbs, water crossing, 2 MX tracks. They even have a specialty built 7 mile Harescramble course completly seperate from the rest of the facility.

They also have hook-ups and cabins all of which can be found on there web site. www.durhamtown.com

You will have over 12 hours of riding time with 4-5 diffrent pro/pro-am/woman riders.

Worried about they drive? Fly into Atlanta (1 hour away) and rent one of the atvs they have available.

Hopefully we will have a web site up soon that will answer all your question, until then keep the e-mails coming and I will answer them as fast as I can.

Doug

Lil - Braff
05-10-2004, 09:45 PM
OoOoOo This sounds like fun! Are you gonna have to be 16 to come tho? I doubt I will be able to go b/c of the price. I just don't have that extra $325 but there might be a way. Keep us up dated on the info!

Santo DeRisi
05-11-2004, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by foxracingpredat
I am very interested in the ATV camp!! I would like some more info though, such as how much riding time do you get, what kind of terrain, how nice of riding land? This sounds like a ton of fun and I would really want to make the drive once I get more info! Thanks

I have been to the place and it is great!!! It has some nice trails a fun MX track, i think it has a drag strip, and much more!! I think that everyone would have a great time!!

Pappy
05-11-2004, 07:07 AM
sounds like a cool idea...i hope it works out for you guys!

foxracingpredat
05-11-2004, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by SECCRS

Worried about they drive? Fly into Atlanta (1 hour away) and rent one of the atvs they have available.
Doug

what atv's do they have for rent??

dirtmomma
05-11-2004, 08:16 AM
[i] [/B][/QUOT

Why does all the good stuff happen back east.........:( I would LOVE to go!!:blah:

Tina [/B]

DITTO my thought exactly :confused:

remlapr
05-11-2004, 08:31 AM
Sounds like a great idea, except for having it in August in Florida. Could get very hot.

cdalejef
05-11-2004, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by remlapr
Sounds like a great idea, except for having it in August in Florida. Could get very hot. Its not, its in GA

remlapr
05-11-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
Its not, its in GA

doh - I thought he said round 2.

cdalejef
05-11-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by remlapr
doh - I thought he said round 2. I think he forgot about TX

Dan229
05-11-2004, 03:30 PM
It will still be hot as the Devil's drawers in GA during Aug.

SECCRS
05-11-2004, 05:34 PM
Plenty of liquids will be available, matter of fact I am workin on that as we speak. Possible a power drink as well as a energy drink.

You have to remember you are not going to be racing. This is going to be a fun ride with some of the top PRO's in the country.

Not a 2 hour all out race where you trying to kill yourself to finish first.

Though it might be a little hot, oh will it be so much fun.

Doug

Pappy
05-11-2004, 05:49 PM
for $500 can you get video of me beating Duvall and Stoess:devil:

cdalejef
05-12-2004, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
for $500 can you get video of me beating Duvall and Stoess:devil: I'll take the $500 and let you beat me! :p

05-12-2004, 06:37 AM
I'll take the $500 and let you beat me! :p

I think he means with a baseball bat.....:eek:

Pappy
05-12-2004, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by Rico
I think he means with a baseball bat.....:eek:

:devil:

motor mouth
05-12-2004, 07:16 AM
will gary denton be there

cdalejef
05-12-2004, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by motor mouth
will gary denton be there I hope so.....I got a bone to pick with him! :grr:

Johnny_G
05-12-2004, 10:37 AM
I hope so.....I got a bone to pick with him! :grr:

Why? :eek:

cdalejef
05-12-2004, 10:41 AM
Has something todo with not shipping orders

motor mouth
05-12-2004, 10:58 AM
Has something todo with not shipping orders

want me to kick his *** for you:confused:

cdalejef
05-12-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by motor mouth
want me to kick his *** for you:confused: LOL....thanks for the offer.

markk
05-12-2004, 11:14 AM
How exactly are the 10 avg. riders going to be able to keep up with any of the riders?? What exaclty will be going on with the riding, will like everyone just get with a pro, and just sorta cruise threw the woods, or will there be like stations?

It sounds awsome!! I wish i could make it, but the $325 is hard to come by. It's cool il see you guys at Raush.

Jeff have u been watching the weather 4 this weekend????:D

cdalejef
05-12-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by markk
Jeff have u been watching the weather 4 this weekend????:D I haven't ween it in a couple days, whats it saying now?

SECCRS
05-12-2004, 05:08 PM
To answer your question about how the 10 riders per pro. You will paired with a diffrent PRO each riding session. 4 diffrent sessions plus the Mini H/S. Giving you a chance to ride with 5 different PRO'S. You will never be paired with the same one twice. And no sorry you wont be able to ride with everyone of them. But there will be an opportunity for you to meet all of them.

Once again this is not a race this is just a chance to get out ride and relax with some of the TOP PRO'S.

Doug Parker

SECCRS
05-14-2004, 06:13 AM
Web site is up KIND OF!!! I am not a proffessional web page builder so bare with me but the preliminary web page is up.

www.atvfantasycamp.com

Doug

Rebelrider4OOex
05-14-2004, 01:46 PM
what kind of quads can u rent and how miuch are they?

id love to do it......

SECCRS
05-17-2004, 04:45 AM
We have 3 levels for the FANTASY CAMP check out the web site for complete details.

GOLD: $325
Includes: Welcome dinner on Thursday, 3 meals Friday and Saturday, and 2 on Sunday. 3 days of riding. Two ridding sessions on Friday and Saturday 2.5 hours long. And Mini-Harescramble on Sunday

Silver: $275
Includes: Welcome dinner on Thursday. Two ridding sessions on Friday and Saturday 2.5 hours long. And Champions Lunch on sunday.

Bronze:$150
One day riding,either friday or saturday. Two ridding sessions of 2.5 hours. And includes Lunch

Doug

www.atvfantasycamp.com

I belive they have z250 Suzuki nothing race ready but gives you plenty of something to do a weekend ride

Doibugu2
06-09-2004, 02:11 PM
is this still a go? Would it be worth a 12 hour ride?

06-09-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
is this still a go? Would it be worth a 12 hour ride?

just meet us bench pro's and bar pro's at hatfield Doug....:D

Doibugu2
06-09-2004, 02:15 PM
Oh I'll be there. I went and raced this past weekend. I finally come to the realization I'm not very fast:(

hosted
06-09-2004, 08:11 PM
Dang, I would love to come too, but Yahoo says it's about 12 hours for me too.

HondaATC500X
07-20-2004, 07:54 AM
I'm interested in knowing some more about the type of riding, and what the deadline is to get registered? This sounds very cool but $325 as others have said is hard to come by and I need to make sure it will be worth it.

When the groups are riding together, is it going to be all in the woods, or will there be motocross riding as well? Will the Pros be in the "mini harescramble"? And if I'm reading this right, there is 2.5 hours of riding time on saturday, and sunday? You said that there will be oppertunities to meet all the Pro's, will this be considered ride time?

SECCRS
07-20-2004, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the interest. We are postponing the camp till probably next year. When we can properly plan and attain sponsors and that will help drive the cost down.

Once everything is secured you all will be the first to know.

Doug