PDA

View Full Version : What would you prefer?

Gatorman199
05-10-2004, 05:35 AM
I know this is a HONDA site but I was wondering what would yall prefer a banshee or a 400ex?

RMX500
05-10-2004, 07:28 AM
400EX for a plethora of reasons..

LTandRaptorider
05-10-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by RMX500
400EX for a plethora of reasons..

Yeah, but do you have a lot of reasons?!:D :blah:

somebody has been using their Thesaurus!;)

zephead400ex
05-10-2004, 10:58 AM
Depends on what type of riding you do. I personally prefer a 400 over a Banshee. I have nothing against a Banshee, but it does not suit my riding style like the 400 does.

theTman
05-10-2004, 11:03 AM
400ex

Gatorman199
05-10-2004, 06:13 PM
Yeah, I do some tight trail ridin every now and then, and occasonally climb some big hills, other than that its down some dirt road wide open. Since the banshee has ya know the "turbo" aka powerband lol if i were to ride the tight trails couldnt I just have a low gear and rev it high for the quickness in the woods and use the clutch every now and again??? Tell me what you think guys. OBTW are they( a banshee) that much matinence???

Toadz400
05-10-2004, 06:29 PM
Banshee.

Sure I ride trails a lot, but I'm mainly a speed demon and mine suits me just well...oh and I also have a 400EX:blah: .

A Banshee can be used for the trails, it's just not the best. If you know how to use the clutch you should do just fine in the woods, it's just that it's a lot easier with a 400EX.

And yes a Banshee is going to be more maintanence, but it's definately worth it. The first thing you have to do to a Banshee is get better pipes & silencers though, it really wakes it up.

RMX500...don't say anything...I'm really getting sick of your negative posts.

Gatorman199
05-10-2004, 08:36 PM
But i mean ive had 2 stroke dirtbikes and if you dont ride them for a little while there a ***** to crank. Mixing gas and oil is easy.. i mean is it more maintence to have... like engine work.. ive had people tell me there hard to keep workin that you work more on it then you ride. I have a 300ex with some mods to make it worth something, but it just doesnt have the power. I mean i want something that will haul ***... i mean absolutly destroy anyone who thinks there fourwheeler is fast. Yeah ill get some new pipes jet kit and air filter ya know ill get it to run. But i mean are they any trouble? My dirtbike wasnt unless you left it for about 2 months :mad: hard to crank.

Regular_Joe
05-11-2004, 07:53 AM
I am doing the opposite.

I have a Banshee and am buying a 300EX shortly. The Banshee is just too much in close quarters. Your forever slipping the clutch. Gets old fast. Can't slow it down at all.

Generally I ride the Banshee for a bit then get the 4x4 and do the trails. Then I don't have to work so hard to ride. I'm thinking the 300EX will be a nice sporty compromise of the 4x4 and Banshee ....

Gatorman199
05-11-2004, 08:30 AM
I have a 300ex for sale if your interested. Wanna trade banshee for it??? Or what would i have to pay to get it from you on the swap?

Regular_Joe
05-11-2004, 01:22 PM
Sorry, I am keeping them and buying the 300EX too. Can never have too many quads ;)

Toadz400
05-11-2004, 03:13 PM
I let my Banshee sit for 5 months and it was a pain in the *** to start, the 3rd time push starting it it came to life slowly, but ran very strong after that. A Banshee isn't THAT much of a hassle to keep running, just make sure everything is tightened down because it does vibrate a lot...I'm thinking about making some rubber mountings for the frame and engine so there isn't that much vibration.

If you want a quad that will flat out haul ***, then a Banshee is for you. Add pipes and silencers and you will not believe how much it wakes the engine up, along with bigger carbs, better cooling system, port and polish, bore kit and you will have one fast mo-fo.

Gatorman199
05-11-2004, 05:31 PM
yeah, im not gunna go into the engine... ill just get pipes and headers air intake air filter jet kit. With that will it really make as big a diff as it did on my 300ex? i mean yeah i want something that i can pull up side a car on the highway laugh and drive off lol. My friend can do that on his 400ex for a little while then the car wins... he's got a 440ex jetted, new carb, new pipe, ya know the good stuff lol new sprockets. It kills mine of coarse its 157c bigger too and modded more;) ANY ONE HAVE A BANSHEE THEY WANNA SELL!?

RMX500
05-11-2004, 05:49 PM
other than on the dunes, there's about 3 quads in every field better than the banshee.

MX - forget it, banshee's aren't mx machines

XC - ds, raptor, pred, all better open class machines and they'll run longer because they use much less gas, especially the predator from what i've head.

jumping - forget it.

freestyle - i won't contest the banshee's ability to freestyle directly but I'll just say, the backflip will never be attempted on a banshee and the CVboys and other great stunt riders are all on 400+ cc 4-strokes like EX's, YFZ's, Z's etc...

Dunes - Banshee's home and the one area where it's probably the best.

Gatorman199
05-11-2004, 08:06 PM
So your saying you'd prefer a 400ex over a banshee?(not disagree or bein judgemental just asking) I mean I know a 400ex would stomp a banshee out of the hole but in the long run it would die right? Yeah good point about the gas... 400ex only has 1 carb and 1 cylinder much less gas :). O well i mean i want an *** kickin beast thats got ALOT of torque( i know a banshee doesnt have the torque the 400ex does) with ALOT of top end. Is there any quad that has the same amount of torque my 300ex does in say 3rd or 4th gear that still can say run about 70-80mph(80 is pushin it ;) )

Gatorman199
05-11-2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Gatorman199
Is there any quad that has the same amount of torque my 300ex does in first gear say in 3rd or 4th gear that still can say run about 70-80mph(80 is pushin it ;) )

RMX500
05-11-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Gatorman199
So your saying you'd prefer a 400ex over a banshee?(not disagree or bein judgemental just asking) I mean I know a 400ex would stomp a banshee out of the hole but in the long run it would die right? Yeah good point about the gas... 400ex only has 1 carb and 1 cylinder much less gas :). O well i mean i want an *** kickin beast thats got ALOT of torque( i know a banshee doesnt have the torque the 400ex does) with ALOT of top end. Is there any quad that has the same amount of torque my 300ex does in say 3rd or 4th gear that still can say run about 70-80mph(80 is pushin it ;) )

Yes I'd take the 400EX, but if I had more choices I'd go bigger than a 400EX. I'd really like to have a raptor and do some work on it.

Toadz400
05-11-2004, 09:02 PM
I have a 400EX and a Banshee and my Banshee can stomp my 400EX on the holeshot and in top end...and my 400EX has a smaller front sprocket for quicker acceleration. It's just a matter of getting enough traction for the Banshee.

Pipes on a Banshee will add hell of a lot more power than it did with your 300ex, especially if you upgrade the intake (are you talking about bigger carbs?) A Banshee has a TON of power in 3rd-5th gear, that's mainly where the powerband hits and still screams on top end. At least that's how it is with my Banshee...don't know about a stock one, I can't remember that far back.

If you want something that's just flat-out fast, go with the Banshee. After just putting on pipes there is a huge power increase that will leave a smile on your face everytime you ride.

Anymore questions on a Banshee?

Gatorman199
05-12-2004, 05:16 AM
Yeah, I didnt think banshee's had alot of torque at low rpms?? How long can you ride before you have to fill up? Im sure the shee drinks the gas. My 300ex goes around 30-35 miles on 2 gallons(playin around too, dont know if thats good or bad, just an estimate.. never tested or proven, just adden the miles, not inlcudin trails after i get there)

05-12-2004, 08:13 AM
for the type of riding i do the 400ex im getting a 400 at the end of the summer actually:D

Gatorman199
05-13-2004, 05:45 AM
Well if any one has a banshee for sale lemmie know.