PDA

View Full Version : Attn. TT/Flatrack riders......

QuadJunkies
05-10-2004, 12:43 AM
Im wanting to order some Beadlocks and a set of hooisers tomorrow and I need them is a HUGE hurry!!! I have never bought the hoosier rears and wasnt sure which would be a better size to go with(Troy wants to try these before the American racers)....18x10x10 or a 18x11x10 for the Predator.Ill be ordering the Soft/Med. compound..On any other day I would get the Burgard beadlocks but I need to order them as a Pkg and have them mount them so I have them ready to slap on in time for the wk end.... Also,who has the best prices?? I have seen them at Nacs and Ronnies.....anywhere else I should try before ordering????/Thanks for all your help!! Tina

ghak99
05-10-2004, 08:25 AM
I am guessing your pred has plenty of power for ya so I'd say the 11's would be all right. I have heard of many running a 11" on the oustide and a 10" on the inside also. When you get them they are not very consistant, so measure around both tires and put the bigger one on the outside. It took one of my buddies like 3 practices to figure out why he could not corner, it ended up that he had the bigger tire on the inside, even though they were both 18's, one was an inch bigger around.

QuadJunkies
05-10-2004, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by ghak99
I am guessing your pred has plenty of power for ya so I'd say the 11's would be all right. I have heard of many running a 11" on the oustide and a 10" on the inside also. When you get them they are not very consistant, so measure around both tires and put the bigger one on the outside. It took one of my buddies like 3 practices to figure out why he could not corner, it ended up that he had the bigger tire on the inside, even though they were both 18's, one was an inch bigger around. So whats the advantage of an 11 or a 10 for hoosiers??? Just curious......;) One of the cart guys said we should stagger the tires and run a smaller on inside, I personally dont feel this is a good idea on this track, the concepts there but It sure cant make for a good start off the line.The carts having a rolling start vs. us at a dead stop.

I sent a PM to C&D to see if they had these tires, but no reply yet....Wheres the best place to buy them??

ghak99
05-10-2004, 08:47 AM
Is your track banked or actually a flat oval? Wider tire allows more grip on the outside, and a narrower on the inside helps to slide in the corners. the smaller cc'd quads run the 10" wide because they don't have enough power to turn the 11"s in the corners. You can shift your weight around on the quad enough to get a good start with staggered tires. It will take some practice though. Try flipping your front right wheel so that it is dished way out wide also, this will help carry more speed in larger longer corners where you are not actually sliding sidways.

QuadJunkies
05-10-2004, 09:23 AM
Im going to go with the 11 inch,they reccomend for moer rubber to the ground,more traction,thats exactly what it needs, it doesnt have issues with spin,if anything..It has TOO much:o I think Im going to order Tri-Trac rears from Ronnies, looks like everything Nacs has is on back order and maybe go with a Baja Rim, all the race rims are on back order...:(
were used to how to set up the shocks and the PSI for the corners ect.. This is a new track(not banked)so its taking some to get adj. to it.......:) Tnanks you for the suggestions.......:)

QuadJunkies
05-10-2004, 10:33 AM
ok..heres another question...............
I REALLY want the Burgard beadlocksthats what the American racer fronts have on them right now, BUT..they come in a 9 inch rim......Im getting mixed answeres in Yes or No they will/not fit.....

RMATV says NO.they wont fit at all.....not on a 18x11x10 but Ronnies says Yes they will,but will be a little more rounded out on tire and taller gear???:confused: I think Burgards said to me today they would fit too, but now Im all confused........:huh

ghak99
05-10-2004, 10:44 AM
Make sure they completely understand what you are talking about. 10 tall & wide, I have a feeling you got them a little confused. Most TT tires only come in a 10" wheel. If you are buying a 18x11x10, you want a 10" tall wheel and prob 9" or 10" wide.

Hope this helps!;)

QuadJunkies
05-10-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by ghak99
Make sure they completely understand what you are talking about. 10 tall & wide, I have a feeling you got them a little confused. Most TT tires only come in a 10" wheel. If you are buying a 18x11x10, you want a 10" tall wheel and prob 9" or 10" wide.

Hope this helps!;) yes..Thanks!