PDA

View Full Version : Rear End Bucking Solution!!!

joe1l
05-09-2004, 09:47 PM
Ok, everyone We all lover our 450R's, but if you have had any experience riding whoops, then you will know the 450r has a tendency to buck over the whoops. Well, i think I found a solution that does not require you to spend $1000 on a new shock and linkage (like the elka setup). I was just about to go buy the elka setup when I stumbled on some information that Lazurus Sommers for GT Thunder was working on a linkage for the 450r, that would calm the bucking, he had done it before already for the 400ex with great success. GT THUNDER 400EX REAR LINKAGE Any how I called Lazarus and placed my order. The new rear linkage ($125)would require you to have your shock revalved ($75) Anyhow I installed the likage and ran it Saturday for about 7 hours, and all i can say is WOW!! The linkage changes the angle the shock is on, and puts it so that shock is more straight up than on an angle, much like that of a yfz450. This alows the rear to sit an inch or so lower, and gives the rear more travel. Well I installed it this weekend, and i didn't get the chance to even adjust my ride height properly, but regardless, i have never been faster riding this thing. The rear stayed put, and was soo much nicer to ride!! The only thing is that you will have to cut your skid plate on your swing arm to make it fit, but I bought a new PRM skid plate, and it fit perfect with the addition of a tiny spacer. This is a mod that i recomend to everyone with a TRX. :D :D

sparky450AR
05-09-2004, 09:51 PM
Great info!!!! BUT, you say it lowers the ride height an inch? This makes the frame even an inch closer to the ground. ATC86 (if i understood him right) said that the 450R already bottoms out before it goes through its full suspension travel, wouldnt this set up make it worse for bottoming if it sits an inch lower?

joe1l
05-09-2004, 10:20 PM
Actually Lazurus told me that It will now go much lower without bottoming out and kicking. So i guess this will make it better.

sparky450AR
05-09-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by joe1l
Actually Lazurus told me that It will now go much lower without bottoming out and kicking. So i guess this will make it better.

welp, i think im gonna hafta buy one of these....did GT revalve your shock?

joe1l
05-09-2004, 11:00 PM
I had GT do my rear shock also, he was quite fast with it. I definately think the rear setup was worth the money. To be honest, this is fastest I have ever been able ride this quad, with this linkage, I was able to hammer over rocky, rutted stuff that I would have not done a week ago.
Joe

danyeo
05-10-2004, 12:21 AM
Hey i didn't know you did that. I gotta take it for a spin next time. I was actually happy with the way my quad ran on Saturday so i didn't want to get off it too much, i did want to try the KFX and Raptor because i forgot what they rode like. I'm not that sore today at all but just drained out from the drive and lack of sleep. I think the sand is calling us for the next ride.