PDA

View Full Version : main jet

03-19-2002, 01:59 AM
I called honda to find out what the stock main jet size is they said it is 95 main jet round sounds a little small I here peaple are going up to 115 main jet on there 250ex that sounds like a verey big leap from what I here you should only go up one or two jet sizes from stock. Jet sizes go up two&half sizes at a time so it should go like this 95-97&half-100-102&half and up if I go to a 115 it will be 8 times bigger I have a 2001 250ex and a wb-s-bend I'am popping after I let of the gas so I known I am runnig lean what notch on the jet needle should I be on I'am not sure about my altitude I live in wisconsin how many turns out on the fuel mixture screw do I need to be at and will be buying a K&N filter soon.

TRX250EXER
03-19-2002, 11:41 AM
I have the same problem with mine. The only thing I can tell you is, is to just buy a jet kit and play with it some. You should rejet when the temperature changes anyway. If you have the kit you will have all the jets you will ever need. I'm gonna play with my carb within the next week and hope to get it running nice. If I figure it out I will let you know. But I already have the K&N filter on with the e-series slip on. And its running really lean right now. I dont know if I want to go all the way up to 115. I think Im gonna try a 106 or a 110 and see how that is first. I think the biggest that came with the kit is a 120. and it also comes with some smaller than stock. If you figure it out first let me know please. Later