PDA

View Full Version : Haspin Acres race report:round 2

brian-250
05-09-2004, 07:54 PM
first things first where in the hell was everyone!?:confused: i had NO compition in da sport class i just cruised the whole 3 laps i got 7 of 13 not to bad eh,atleast thats where they put me for now,it could change,anyone else there:confused:

bradley300
05-09-2004, 08:55 PM
sure sounds like you whooped up in that class:rolleyes:

i'll be there next time to show you how its done:blah: :devil:

brian-250
05-09-2004, 09:05 PM
its not for sure yet:rolleyes: like i said i just cruised today:cool: track was EASY with some good hills shoulda been there,youd seen me fall of the back of a 400 in da parking lot:o anyone see that?:o :o :confused:

bradley300
05-09-2004, 09:26 PM
so who won the sport class anyway? was it the guy on the recon?

Lil - Braff
05-09-2004, 09:47 PM
Was there a big turn out? We were gonna go but I changed my mind last night and decided to go to Bedford, IN instead. I'm a girl... I can do that! :blah: lol So how did everyone do today at Haspin? Was it dusty or was there still mud left? I wanna see pics!!

The next race at haspin is May 23... who all is gonna be there? Me and my dad will!!

RideRedEX
05-10-2004, 08:35 AM
sounds like they were alot less riders at this one. Beak7707, Bone705 and Me didnt make it either when went to Attica saturday. I hope everyone had a good time maybe we'll make the next one.

joshyz125
05-10-2004, 09:35 AM
I would have been alright except getting stuck 6 FLIPPING TIMES.

I know matt clapp stoped and puked, and my last lap i was just about there myself. i'm just happy i finished.

250exstud had a heck of a time too. He went 50 yards from the start and his quad died. They had to change the plug, Then 1 lap later he lost an oil line. Not sure if it's messed up yet, he caught it and turned it off.

Which our trip home included, 1 blown out tire, and running out of fuel 100 yards from the gas station.

Hope every one had a better race then us.

david kelsch
05-10-2004, 09:55 AM
It went well this weekend. There sure weren't many people at haspins play riding, which was nice. The turn out for the race was better than I expected for a make up race on mothers day. I would say attendance was almost average. I will post the official results later for the top three in 5ive atv classes.
The top was dusty and there were still a few mud holes. It got kinda hot and some riders showed signes of fatigue. Most atv's held up well with few being significantly damaged. One guy riding with an open face helmet learned why we all wear full face helmet. He was a sight, had a big split right between the eyes and blood everywhere. someone said he also broke his nose. I think ron tuley knocked himselft out on the start for a coule seconds. He jumped up and finished the race though. Thats tough.
T&T powersports in mooreville In deserves another big thanks for donation 15 - 20 door prizes. give em a shout out and a big thanks for their support. Joshy... something from EXRIDERS works there and has been bringing up the goods, He looked like he was having a good time on the track, I wanted to thank him publically.
Brent Howell was on vacation so that opened the door for RON Martin to win the pro class, congrats to him for a fine performance. He and another rider tanlged on the start so it was a come from behind victory.
I didn't race, got hurt at work sat:( be out 2 weeks)

CLY another EX rider intoduced himself to me. I was in the woods watching the track when he came by. I think I distracted him and he got a little wide and clipped a tree. Took a nice chunck of bark out but didn't slow him down much. I moved after that so as to not cause a similar incident for any one else. Im glad he introduced himself.

It was a great day of racin'. Well see ya at the next one.

brian-250
05-10-2004, 02:50 PM
so yall sissyed out eh?:macho man im sore today!! that track was pretty easy and i took it slow!,i just dont get why im so sore:confused: :confused: :o anyone got pics?,david where were you for check ins?

Cly
05-11-2004, 05:20 PM
Well David that wasn't the first or the last tree I taged that day.I got my bike cleaned up and I have tree bark in about three spots between my tire bead and rim on the right front.That must be why I am alittle sore this week.But other than that it was a good race and the track was pretty fun.The last race had alot more hills which got alittle tuff ta make it up after the 2nd lap.

It was nice ta meet ya David and Ilook foward ta more races.hope your thumb heals up soon for ya.......

Cly.....I think my new saying should be
"it don't mean chit to a tree":D

david kelsch
05-12-2004, 07:17 AM
Pro Quads

#1 Ron Martin - plus cash TRX400EX
#2 Bruce Marshall - plus cash TRX250R
#3 Todd Demaree - plus cash TRX250R

A class 2/4 stroke

#1 Jon Swanson YFZ450
#2 James Little YFZ450
#3 Ron Elmore TRX400EX

B class 2/4 stroke

#1 Shawn Boyden TRX250R
#2 Josh Wesley LTZ400
#3 Adam Priddy TRX400EX

C class 2/4 stroke

#1 Jeff Foley Raptor
#2 Jeff Downey LTZ400
#3 Chris Brewer KFX400

Sport/Utiltiy/Novice

#1 Steven Kaylor TRX300EX
#2 Jade Remick TRX300EX
#3 Greg Arthur LTZ250

Pro bike

#1 Nathan Alering RM250
#2 Jeff Carter KTM250
#3 Jason Russell KTM250

Congrats to all the winners. The next race is in a couple weeks on may 23.

250EXstud
05-12-2004, 09:49 PM
Yeah as josh said my day sucked:mad: O well i will get them next time. I hope my bike will be ok, I am goin to change the oil hopefully i won't need a new top end. And i defiately wil have to so some work to the carb i think a jet got clogged with a little piece of something. I rocketed off the line and barely in the woods it just puked out on me. Acted like the choke was on but it wasn't. See ya all at the next one. Hopefully i will have some better luck. Josh is cursing me this year!:grr: