PDA

View Full Version : Raptor air screw specs & possible jet sizes

tinner
05-09-2004, 04:53 PM
I need to know how many turns the stock air screws are on this beast. I friend dropped it off at my place and it doesn't seem to run good. It has an FMF slip on and it was also never rejetted. I know it ran good last year after the pipe was on, but I guess they ran it on the ice for a while and it didn't run good...he put it away.Any tips on sizes and info will be appreciated. Also, I need a Blaster carb if anyone has one.

Thanks, Jim

LTandRaptorider
05-09-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by tinner
I need to know how many turns the stock air screws are on this beast. I friend dropped it off at my place and it doesn't seem to run good. It has an FMF slip on and it was also never rejetted. I know it ran good last year after the pipe was on, but I guess they ran it on the ice for a while and it didn't run good...he put it away.Any tips on sizes and info will be appreciated. Also, I need a Blaster carb if anyone has one.

Thanks, Jim

Air screws should be 3-3.5 turns out. If you just have a slip on, you should only have to jet up the mains one size. I think stock was 140 and 142. The left carb main jet is always one size smaller(leaner).

tinner
05-09-2004, 06:54 PM
Great. I appreciate the info. I have to go through this machine. It isn't maintained very well.

LTandRaptorider
05-09-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by tinner
Great. I appreciate the info. I have to go through this machine. It isn't maintained very well.

No problem. If you have any more questions, fire away. ;) Better check the axle and swingarm bearings too!:o