PDA

View Full Version : Nationals Rule !!

team_450_88
05-09-2004, 04:18 PM
Ok I plan on going to Casey,IL for the gnc national...I am gonna be riding up with a friend and my parents wont be going and I am 16 and you have to be at least 18 to sign for yourslef or otherwise you must have a parent sign for you!! Can I sign for myself or wut can I do to solve the problem because riding with a friend saves alot of $$ cause we can split gas,hotel and my parents wont have to go and pay all that thereselves plus gate fee !! ANYONE SIGNED THERESELVE IN OR BROUHGT A NOTE SAYING THAT GOT PERMISSION? I havent ever had to go without my parents but money is an issue now and im gonna have to go with a friend !! Thanks

Bretmd94
05-09-2004, 05:11 PM
good luck getting in without your parents.

I used to be in kayaking competitions when i was in highschool and i ran into this problem. I usually just lied, but there wasnt much risk of me getting hurt kayaking. If you get hurt after lieing you would be in trouble. Before i started lieing I had a permission slip form my parents once and they wouldnt accept it. (Teva people suck, they did give me some free 80$ sandals though). I had to sit out the competition after driving 5 hours.
:grr:

AZblaster44
05-09-2004, 05:18 PM
Have your parents type out and sign a lettter saying that your friends parents will be acting as your gaurdian at the race. Then just have your friends parents sign for you, then if anything happens and somone questions you guys about your friends parents acting as your gaurdian show them the paper.

quadchick3
05-09-2004, 06:16 PM
call ahead to the track and ask them if thats ok if u make them write out a paper.

you could just say your 18, they dont ask for id or anything, just ur atv/ama card. but if your running a youth class it wont work. you can always just get a random older person to get inline with you and sign.

so far at all the nationals this year they just give you the underage liability paper and u go and fill it out by yourself. but at muddy creek Tn last weekend, Victory Sports had a witness that had to sign you out. whatever u do, good luck man. that would suck to go that long haul and not get to race.

NTPRacing#19
05-09-2004, 06:18 PM
have the signed paper notarized. you will have a better chance of them believing its your parents signature