PDA

View Full Version : Went racing had a GOOD night!!!

dirtmomma
05-09-2004, 11:11 AM
WEll we went flattrackin last night after DJ's big crash last weekend, I wasn't sure how he was gonna do but I'll tell you what I was PROUD of him he went out there & didn't look back, he took 1st inhis heat :D & yes the kid that he tangled w/ last weekend was there right behind him :) then in the main DJ was in 1st & once again the kid tried to get under him & take his line in the turn but I would say carma got the best of him, he got all outtta whack up on 2 wheels & about bit it but the haybales stopped him & DJ went on too take 1st :macho The chitty part is wehn he was leaving the track one of the refs told him HE was in the wrong :mad: cuz they said he looked back & seen the other kid coming up & he intentionally took him out which is a bunch of chit that is NOT how DJ rides, he's a clean racer!! So we had a little talk w/ the gal who runs the show, she knew something was F'd up when Ron came up to say something cuz we never complain!! Hell we didn't complain last weekend when the same thing happened but it was the other way around!! Anyway unfortunetly I think they are teaching this kid the wrong stuff & to be a dirty racer which is sad we are out there to have fun I mean really if you win the championship, all you get is a plastic trophy but whatever I guess DJ will be getting some more power now, we're getting tired of this crap so we're tearing the bike down, it's going to get some port work done & new rings then we're gonna mess w/ his gearing cuz the next few races are on the big track so we'll see I just hate seeing parents get all in an uproar over some good ol family fun!!
Now as for lil man he got 3rd place did GREAT stuck his line, was out there w/ 4 other quads & didn't take noone out LOL so he was a happy boy!!
NOw for ME I borrowed some lowering kits for the 400 & rode that!!! I only got 4 practice laps on it & ws wishin I would of brought my turf tamers instead of the flattrack tires(was slick) but all in all I did good brought home a 3rd place :blah: FINALLY LOL!! My heat I also got 3rd was a little squirrly on that one, on the main, I had to start in the back row :grr: but it was good cuz we had 3 restarts :rolleyes: & each time myself & antoher gal drove right around them but they kept restarting it, anyway we finally got going & I ended up taking 3rd :D :D :D I think I could really get to like the 400 w/ more seat time on it hehehe Ron said "as long as I get a 450" then you can have the 400, but I have to see how the 300 is gonna be 1st we'll see. Whew ok I'm done now !!

Berry
05-09-2004, 11:16 AM
sounds like a fun night, i had a fun night too, i brought home a 2nd place trophey. and i see where your coming from, if little kids are already learning to take other kids out, imagine when they get older......that disgusts me

LTandRaptorider
05-09-2004, 12:25 PM
sounds like the whole gang had a great time, good job!;) I can't wait to start racing... hell, I can't wait to just ride! :o

Locron
05-09-2004, 03:52 PM
Last Night was also my first race ever. I pulled 6th out of only 8 but not bad for a bike that is still all stock, even the tires. FYI stock tires and hight sucks for TT racing LOL.

JOEX
05-09-2004, 06:35 PM
Way to go!:) Congrats to everyone!:D Is Ron going to be racing this year?

dirtmomma
05-09-2004, 09:51 PM
Thanks everyone!! JOEX as for Ron racing well he was kinda wanting to race last night cuz it was his birthday but his insurance hasn't kicked in yet & his arm is still messed up so he decided against it.
Congrats to both Locron & berry!! Yeah it sucks racing TT w/ stock height & tires ;) I was actually impressed w/ the way the 400 handled, I didn't think it was low enough but it didnt' high side once so that was cool!! We just tore down the blaster this evening & have we think we 're just gonna go for it & make it a 240 stroker :eek2: :devil: :macho the rod is moving from left to right so we either risk it gernading & just diong some more porting/polishing & new rings & reeds or just go all the way, I figure if we're gonna spend the $$ we might as well do it right!! Now I just have to get some stroker info & get a total for the $$ so I can go talk to our sponsor, gonna be digging thru stuff to see what we can sell to help out w/ the costs but it shouldn't be too bad we'll see though. If my 300 gets done before the next race he can run that in the blaster class to keep his points going if his isn't done which I don't know if 2 weeks will be enough we'll see though. Now he's on his "my quad is gonna be faster than yours" kick again LMAO he's a goof ball!!!

QuadJunkies
05-10-2004, 12:26 AM
Good job to all girlie!!!
Dont you just hate all those restarts??!!:mad: I swear the more restarts ,the crappier I get off the line!!!:o