PDA

View Full Version : Today Sucked!!!!!

chucked
05-08-2004, 06:48 PM
It started out when I was working on my 400, I was goofing with the cam chain tensioner and a burnt the crap outta my hand on the pipe. About 20 mins after I started riding, I was gettin it on a little piece of pavement and the quad just died. I pulled the plug off and found out I was getting no spark. So I get towed home and throw the stock ignition back on and it fires right up (freekin brand new $300 ignition) So while Im at it I lowered the needle to lean it out. When I went to ride, if I would hit a bump, a few seconds afterwards it would try to stall out (at low rpm only). So I put the needle back where it was but its exactly the same. But on the good side I found my work keys and found out what the ticking noise it in my engine.

05-08-2004, 06:58 PM
" you just have to keep on keepin on"

xr50layke
05-08-2004, 07:03 PM
that would sound like a good day on the KE for me :o

that thing..oh man...one thing after another. all in like, 1 minute, after finding out something. chain goes. then the adjusters. then the axle bolt. then the bearings. then my drum pads fall out. then my rim is warped cuz my spokes is loose/broke. my seat latch breaks my oil cap falls off oil goes everywhere. spark plug stops working, its not the spark plug its the coil. cant "check" the coil so i look @ ignition under the tank. its all wet. i cant get into the ignition, its fully sealed. i send it in, takes 2 weeks and $20 :rolleyes:, i get it back, and my rear brake is locked up.

yeah this machine things just.....dont like ya :devil:

2001400ex
05-08-2004, 07:06 PM
Hey, at least you can find your key! My god damn key has been missing for about three days...do you know how frustrating it is not to be able to ride for three days?! I'm ready to go NUTS!:eek2:

chucked
05-08-2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by 2001400ex
Hey, at least you can find your key! My god damn key has been missing for about three days...do you know how frustrating it is not to be able to ride for three days?! I'm ready to go NUTS!:eek2:

NOOOO it wasnt my 4 wheeler key. It was my work keys, 2 are duplication prohibited and one is a one of a kind that I would have to order from the PDQ. Then all the keys to the pad locks to my shed and the locks on my 4 wheeler and my lawnmower. If I lost my 4 wheeler key I would just atvmxrider rig it to work.

xr50layke what type of bike are you talking about?

2001400ex
05-08-2004, 08:06 PM
Oh damn, that sucks...I really need to find my key because I am serioussly going nuts...I don't want to pop start it because I know when I'm out in the trails I will stall (murphy's law) - and I don't feel like messing with my wiring just because of the fact that I am too lazy.

wantinga400ex
05-08-2004, 08:20 PM
Cant pop start it without the key being on can you?

:huh

chucked
05-08-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by wantinga400ex
Cant pop start it without the key being on can you?

:huh

nope, key has to be in

2001400ex
05-08-2004, 08:34 PM
Damn, it's been a long day...work kicked my ***...my fault. I should go to bed.

chucked
05-08-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by 2001400ex
Damn, it's been a long day...work kicked my ***...my fault. I should go to bed.

Me too, Im gonna pop an oxycontin from when I broke my ankle.