PDA

View Full Version : Carb Problem?

chucked
05-08-2004, 06:43 PM
Well this started after my dyna igntion blew up, I put the stock one back on and While I was at it I lowered the needle to lean it out. When I went to ride, if I would hit a bump, a few seconds afterwards it would try to stall out (at low rpm only). So I put the needle back where it was but its exactly the same. I have a feeling it has xsomething to do with the carb. I think I might have a slice in the fuel line because I tried to take the tank off without unhooking the line first (DOH!) but its not leaking anywhere. any other ideas. Im gonna go fiddle with it awhile in a few mins.

cals400ex
05-09-2004, 01:08 AM
boy, i am not sure. isn't that dyna brand new?

muff
05-09-2004, 06:00 AM
maybe your float isnt moving freely....or the slide might be sticking as well??

i would take the carb off the quad and clean it out, make sure everything is moving easily

chucked
05-09-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by cals400ex
boy, i am not sure. isn't that dyna brand new?

The dyna is about 2 weeks old, I cleaned out the carb last night, but I couldnt find anything that was sticking, the float appeared to be moving freely.

cals400ex
05-09-2004, 10:14 AM
you could try replacing the clip on the needle. i have heard of that causing some problems when they get old. also, i would just take some carb cleaner and spray the heck out of the whole carb. i would take all the jets out and spray in those holes where they go too.

is the ignition being replaced for free??

chucked
05-09-2004, 10:35 AM
you could try replacing the clip on the needle. i have heard of that causing some problems when they get old. also, i would just take some carb cleaner and spray the heck out of the whole carb. i would take all the jets out and spray in those holes where they go too.

is the ignition being replaced for free??

Yea I blasted it all last night. The ignition has a 30 day warranty from the distributor and a 2 year warranty from dyna. Im gonna see if I can trade it in for a piston and a cam. I can see more performance coming from them anyway.

chucked
05-09-2004, 04:48 PM
It was the carb, ran great all day.

cals400ex
05-10-2004, 01:16 AM
good to hear

so you saying after having the dyna you wouldn't get another one?

chucked
05-10-2004, 05:54 AM
good to hear

so you saying after having the dyna you wouldn't get another one?

NO!!!!

cals400ex
05-10-2004, 10:51 AM
glad your honest. i was highly debating it. i need a higher rev limiter and i do want a programable ignition. i figured this would make my bike start and idle easier if nothing else. i will consider msd i guess.

chucked
05-10-2004, 02:34 PM
glad your honest. i was highly debating it. i need a higher rev limiter and i do want a programable ignition. i figured this would make my bike start and idle easier if nothing else. i will consider msd i guess.

I heard msd is worse. I dont know though. Im gonna try another module to see if I just got a bad one from the factory.

cals400ex
05-11-2004, 12:36 AM
you heard msd was worse at what?

it honestly wouldn't surprise me if the msd quality wasn't the best.

chucked
05-11-2004, 05:45 AM
you heard msd was worse at what?

it honestly wouldn't surprise me if the msd quality wasn't the best.

just the overall qualitym, dyna has been in the motorcycle business alot longer then msd.