PDA

View Full Version : losing the faith in my engine!!

the Belgian EX
05-08-2004, 06:39 PM
In short, I bought my EX 400 two months ago. After 1 day off-road the engine broke down! Had to go to a 450 cc cylinder with a lot of new stuff in the engine (piston, distribution chain, ...). This was done by a official Honda dealer. Got the bike back yesterday and this costed me 1.000 € (1.100 $).

Did my first test drive today and guess what happened... after two hours of really easy going, the engine started to make a lot of noise and oil and smoke came out of it. More specific between the top part and the main cylinder. I don't think there is major damage but can anyone tell me what could have happened? Could it the bolts? I will have to go back on monday and I am seriously considering of selling the thing! What would you do and what should I do?

:confused: :confused:

outofsight
05-08-2004, 07:51 PM
Something you cant ride isnt worth having. If you keep having problems sell it.

2001400ex
05-08-2004, 08:23 PM
If you ask me it sounds like the dealer screwed up when they were boring out your 400. Bring it back to them and demand your money back. That's what I would do. Will it still start? Or is it seized?

toby400ex
05-08-2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by 2001400ex
If you ask me it sounds like the dealer screwed up when they were boring out your 400. Bring it back to them and demand your money back. That's what I would do. Will it still start? Or is it seized? Fa sheezie, you gonna have to roll up to dat wack ***** mo truckas crib and choke a biatch.

the Belgian EX
05-09-2004, 02:02 AM
It still starts so that's positive I guess

pnut420
05-09-2004, 12:04 PM
Alot of things could go wrong with it, I had a 426 and missed a shift and the whole bottom end got taken out, if it were stock and I missed a shift ir would be together, but when you start boring to 450 things have alot more pressure on them, sure they could have screwed you, but then again maybe you pulled a stud and the head gasket is leaking, take it back to them and let them check it out, if you get a uneasy feeling, take it to another dealer.