PDA

View Full Version : Changing Clutch Cable On 300ex

MR. HONDA EX'S
08-24-2001, 09:28 PM
DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO DO THIS. I HAVE A NEW CABLE, BUT DON'T KNOW HOW TO REMOVE THE CABLE HOLDER FROM THE BLOCK. I CAN REMOVE ONE BOLT. BUT THE OHTER ONE IS BLOCKED BY THE STARTER. IT LOOKS LIKE I HAVE TO REMOVE THE LEFT CASE. I HAVE A SERVICE BOOK, BUT THE DAMN THING DOESN'T SAY HOW TO REPLACE THE CABLE.

THANKS!:confused: :grr

400exRacerX
08-24-2001, 09:32 PM
well if you have a barnett clutch you should no how the clutch cable assembly works, i have a hinson set up and when i took my case off obviously i had to remove the cable from the puller arm. so either in your signature you lied about your barnett clutch or you just dont have a clue?

MR. HONDA EX'S
08-24-2001, 10:28 PM
i just installed the barnett clutch tonight! I removed it for the puller arm, but it shot. I need to remove, to install a new one. Do you see now. I put it in profile because I had had it. O.K. :blah

08-25-2001, 07:20 AM
I have replaced my clutch cable 2x since i got my 300ex, and i can't understand why you would need to undo any bolts.:huh. You just need to undo the cable at the hand lever, and unsrew it from the middle (abvove the engine), and them take the cable stop off from the top of the clutch.:huh

08-25-2001, 10:38 AM
hey mr honda ex could you explain how to put a new clutch in a 300ex for me?

MR. HONDA EX'S
08-25-2001, 06:26 PM
i got it figure out. I just had to look a little harder. The clutch is the biggest bear ti install. 300EXPIMP- I though I needed to take the bracket out. But like I said, I just had to look a little harder.:devil