View Full Version : cracked crank case??!!

jetmec2k
05-08-2004, 01:07 PM
Ijust purchased a 2004 400ex brand new and broke it in about 12 hours, after every ride after cool down i wash it on my 2nd wash i noticed on the right hand side(as if you were riding)by the rear brake lever on the crank case there is a octagon shaped indention (a factory identification), off one of the corners ther looks like a hair line crack, or something...there is no reason for this "ie" crashing misuse ect...any one else know about this or have a similar problen?

miken
05-10-2004, 11:38 AM
Are you sure its really a crack? Sometimes around corners there are casting surface blemishes.
Mike -

jetmec2k
05-10-2004, 08:13 PM
this quad is 4 days old and i had a queation if anyone had these same marks so no im not sure that it is cracked im going to the dealership tomorrow to have it looked at.....

chucked
05-14-2004, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by jetmec2k
this quad is 4 days old and i had a queation if anyone had these same marks so no im not sure that it is cracked im going to the dealership tomorrow to have it looked at.....

You might want to tell them that you let it sit over night or something before you washed it.

coryatver
05-19-2004, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by miken
Are you sure its really a crack? Sometimes around corners there are casting surface blemishes.
Mike -

I doubt it is a crack if it was you would know it its probley just a casting blemish

stupid driver
05-29-2004, 10:58 PM
when you start it up, does anything come out of the crack, such as oil or steam? is it just a thin, almost scratch-like crack? Mine has numerous cast mark scratches in it, its just one of those things

jetmec2k
05-30-2004, 08:57 PM
i was sure it was just a casting mark but i still took it to the dealership...they told me it was just a casting mark...

coryatver
06-03-2004, 09:32 AM
Thats good to hear now go out and ride!