PDA

View Full Version : Learnin guitar

250rider4lyfe
05-08-2004, 09:52 AM
If any of you have taught yourself to play the electric guitar. What are some good sites where you can get free lessons? Any help is appreciated.

blondie69
05-08-2004, 10:23 AM
I taught myself...

Download this program (Guitar-Pro)
http://www.guitar-pro.com/eng/Downloads.php

Get the Demo (unless u wanna buy the full version). It says it'll be up in 30 days...but I've had mine for months ;) And you'll get popups in it saying "Let Me Try Before" & "Order Guitar Pro" once in awhile...just keep selecting "Let Me Try Before"

Then go to...
www.mysongbook.com
and search for tabs you want and download them (I have 56k and they download within seconds)

Customize the look of it how you want (if you want the guitar neck to be shown at the top to help or not, and all those lil things) and it'll play the song in midi format and highlights note by note. Its super easy when you get used to it. That's what I used :)

Hope this helped:D

250rider4lyfe
05-08-2004, 10:25 AM
Thanks

xr50layke
05-08-2004, 10:50 AM
tegan u been on open forum for like 2 days but havnt been on aim. what am i, chopped liver? :(

diesel-mech
05-08-2004, 03:09 PM
I taught myself with the help of some bodies, I wish I would have taken some lessons. I'm sure I would have progressed much faster. plus its tough to stay motivated if you get stuck playing the same old stuff. Also alot of the stuff I thought I was playing right was wrong. lessons keep you from forming bad habbits and that will help a ton in the long run.

GOOD LUCK, be patient and sick with it.

devildriver422
05-08-2004, 06:39 PM
i take lessons but for about 3 months i tried teaching myself and didnt really get far so anyway.... http://www.cyberfret.com/ they have tabs, licks, lessons, links, forums, and about every specific kind of lesson-reading music, ear training, etc...good luck

TRX250R22
05-08-2004, 06:50 PM
I go to:

www.mxtabs.net
www.guitartabs.cc

There are lots of others but i like these two the best, I learnt alot from these.

stupid driver
05-08-2004, 08:46 PM
are you learnin electric? If you are, i'll offer you this tip: Practice on an acoustic. I bought an acoustic for 5 buks at a garage sale when i bought my electric. You learn so much more efficiently with the acoustic. It makes playing the electric a piece of cake

LTandRaptorider
05-08-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by stupid driver
are you learnin electric? If you are, i'll offer you this tip: Practice on an acoustic. I bought an acoustic for 5 buks at a garage sale when i bought my electric. You learn so much more efficiently with the acoustic. It makes playing the electric a piece of cake

Good advice.;)

That's what I started on... course they were just coming out with electric guitars when I played... :o

ReconRider25
05-08-2004, 09:00 PM
i never bothered with lessons. just used tabs and listenin to songs on radio to figure them out. i felt i progressed much quicker that way.

ledofthezep
05-10-2004, 01:51 PM
Practice, practice, practice...and more practice. Don't listen to people when they say you suck...because if you're just starting to play that's a no-brainer, accept the fact that you suck and don't stop practicing...just takes time & determination. If you want to learn how to play, you can.;)

THEbluYFZ450
05-10-2004, 03:43 PM
i never took lessons, but if you can read tabs you will be fine really, the strings are eadgbE and the fret is 1 2 3 4 and so on and so forth.. those are tabs.. real easy actually, when you know how to read tabs just go to www.mxtabs.net