PDA

View Full Version : St. Anthony Dunes

BlueZ440
05-07-2004, 09:24 PM
Anyone been there lately?? We have a crew going this coming up week 5/12-5/17 and we were wondering hows the riding?? I hope there is no snow left..

Sandgod4
05-07-2004, 10:17 PM
There won't be any snow. Our group is heading up mid June or so from SLC, Utah.. We have our dunes down here and venture up to Idaho once a year to dune..

2000TRX400EX
05-08-2004, 04:19 PM
We've got a group from Billings Montana going to the dunes around mid july. We have tried in the past to go in June but the weather hasn't cooporated. It's either raining or the wind is blowing all the time. And for anyone who has ridden the dunes when the wind blows knows that it really sucks. So this year we decided we would rather be hot then be stuck in the rain or wind.

Just my 2 cents.

BlueZ440
05-08-2004, 05:10 PM
yeah we went last year around june and it was to freaking Hot..July is asking for death...so we decided to go early May before crazy memorial weekend...

QuadJunkies
05-12-2004, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Sandgod4
There won't be any snow. Our group is heading up mid June or so from SLC, Utah.. We have our dunes down here and venture up to Idaho once a year to dune.. You going up over Fathers Day wk end?????Ill be there then.......:)

QuadJunkies
05-12-2004, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by BlueZ440
yeah we went last year around june and it was to freaking Hot..July is asking for death...so we decided to go early May before crazy memorial weekend... We went in May once and it was 55 MPH winds and rain......:mad: thatsthe funny thing about St. A's....You never know what the weather is like....:p Hav a good time and you and Cracka be safe!!! I want pics!!!:macho

BlueZ440
05-12-2004, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
We went in May once and it was 55 MPH winds and rain......:mad: thatsthe funny thing about St. A's....You never know what the weather is like....:p Hav a good time and you and Cracka be safe!!! I want pics!!!:macho

Man did you see the weather..we are going to be riding on some light rain today..but hopefully will clear up.. :mad: Me and cracker will definetly have fun..I have couple of bids going and one of them is me running down CHOKE with out falling..We are taking snowboards and cracker is pulling me up Thunder..It should be fun..This weather won't stop us from nothing... I will have a bunch of pictures and video clips for everyone who is going in June...Well out to the road we go...later..:blah:

MTEXRANCHER
05-12-2004, 09:41 AM
I just got back from St Anthonys this weekend MAY 6,7,8,9. Riding was excellent. We stayed at sand hills and ther were only 2 or 3 other campers in the place. The sand was dry and the riding was perfect, but the wind did blow. My 450R climbed chokecherry in 2nd from a dead stop at the base, and almost pulled it in 3rd with a run. If you haven't been there before be carefull. It seemed like there were quite a few more "holes" with Lava rock in them than I remembered last time. I was the only 450 around on Thursday and Friday so I was getting called out like an old gunfighter every time a YFZ or a Banshee showed up. The stock TRX ran will the big boys pretty good I thought. Have fun!

Sandgod4
05-15-2004, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
You going up over Fathers Day wk end?????Ill be there then.......:)

Not sure yet what week..

SandDuner
05-20-2004, 05:53 PM
I am going probaly in august or somewhere in there it will be my first trip going do u guys think it is to late in the year how do u think the weather will be??? :D :)

BlueZ440
05-20-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by SandDuner
I am going probaly in august or somewhere in there it will be my first trip going do u guys think it is to late in the year how do u think the weather will be??? :D :)

The weather should be perfect...Probably a little bit to Hot but the riding will be nice.

QuadJunkies
05-21-2004, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by SandDuner
I am going probaly in august or somewhere in there it will be my first trip going do u guys think it is to late in the year how do u think the weather will be??? :D :) Its hard to tell at St. A's the weather changes a bit, we went in Aug last year and it ewas BLAZING HOT:eek2: If I were you, I would go a bit earlier if you can, if not......then just make the most of it.We still rode our butts off!!:macho

SandDuner
05-21-2004, 11:21 PM
Ok thanx quadJunkies For ure info

Jackie
05-25-2004, 02:10 PM
I am trying to plan a quad trip for the whole month of December and was intrested in St Anthony dunes. When does it start to snow there? and any ideas where to go between Michigan and Pismo Beach? I will be using a motor home pulling a covered trailer.

BlueZ440
05-25-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Jackie
I am trying to plan a quad trip for the whole month of December and was intrested in St Anthony dunes. When does it start to snow there? and any ideas where to go between Michigan and Pismo Beach? I will be using a motor home pulling a covered trailer.

It starts snowing early december maybe even earlier...You never know with the weather..I do know that they close the West Side of the dunes Late December early January.. As for where to go..well I let my friend quadjunkies answer that.. She knows everything...;) :blah:

QuadJunkies
05-26-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Jackie
thanks:) you should visit Wyodunes website, hes been all over the US duning and knows alot of good spots to go..;)
December is not a good time to go to St. A's IMo.the weather is just to undetermineable,they get snow earlier than alot of places here in Idaho do and they do close part of the dunes in the winter I hear also......
If I were you, I would hit Dumont,Glamis(perfect time of year for there dunes!!:blah: )in Cali. thres alot of hot spots from Cali to Michigan going from state to state......Heres Wyoduners website,hes got some sweet vids too!! Hope that helps some...:)

LOL.....BlueZ440....I dont know EVERYTHING!!!!:o :p http://www.dunereview.com/

Jackie
05-26-2004, 11:38 AM
thanks for everyones responses. It will surely help in the planning.:p

TRX310R Rider
05-28-2004, 10:55 AM
im leaving for a trip to st. anthony and little sahara, ut on the 10th of june. i went last year around the same time, that was my first time being there. been used to riding in dumont and places like that. st. anthony was great though, we stayed at sand hills resort and we're staying there again this year. i loved the dunes there except for the rocky parts like other people have been talking about. last year wasnt really all that hot but it was pretty warm and the wind didnt blow all that much but enough to smooth out the dunes. it was nice and im ready to go back and ill probably have quite a bit of pictures. if you want to see the pictures from last year check out www.sandbros.com and find pictures from st. anthony 2003...later

kgbg
05-28-2004, 11:04 AM
A bunch of us,a ns a bunch of "flatlanders" from Indiana, ans the mdwest, are comig out to Ltitel Saraha, Utah, for the June 11-14 weekend, they are then stopping at Walden ont he way home.
TRX310R. You shoudl hook up woth us. We will be at Oasis, loop b I think is where we are hoping for. There will be somebody there form Friday the 11th, until Tuesday the 15th. Ther is going to be a nice turn out, dutch oven feasts, and fun!
Le me know if you are interested in hooking up with us.

QuadJunkies
05-28-2004, 02:49 PM
Have a great time..My trip will be in June also,but we dont go until the 18th...I look forward to seeing all your pics when you get back!!!!:blah: