PDA

View Full Version : Dyno jetting bike the most accurate?

kazpr
05-07-2004, 04:39 PM
Is it pretty easy to do and is it the best way to do it? I am putting a new pipe and filter and removing my lid. Just want it to be near perfect. Thanks Kazpr

redroost85
05-07-2004, 07:04 PM
I am assuming you already have the Dyno jet kit? I can offer you this...I almost bought a Dyno jet kit but didn't because not all of the parts I needed came with it. I just properly jetted my 400 with the Keihin jets.

Also, the Keihin jet numbers are not the Dyno jet numbers....for example you could have a Dyno jet of 160, but with a keihin you might be a 155. I found it was easier to just do it all with keihin jets. Just my expereinces though.:)

Sportrax10
05-07-2004, 07:53 PM
I bought a Dyno jet kit with my 400ex, it just made things more confusing... With the 450r I get Keihen jets and it was much easier...

2004TRX450R
05-08-2004, 03:27 AM
I think he ment jetting it in on the dyno. Not useing Dyno-jet jet kits. However I would say I will never run a dyno-jet jet kit. They have you use an adaptor and use their propritary jets that the numbers don't match up to the normal jets so if you go somewhere and need to rejet then you are screwd unless you can find somewhere that has the right jets. I'd just get the Keihin jets.

As far as dyno tuneing your bike it is not necessary if you know what you are doing but it does make it kinda nice to be able to jet your bike in on a dyno IF the place with the dyno has an exhaust gas analizer with their dyno. That way you can see what the mixture is and get it dialed in almost perfect. However you have to keep in mind if you go somewhere where the conditions are different you may need to adjust slightly one way or the other dependin on altitude and temperature.

kazpr
05-08-2004, 05:09 AM
2004TRX450R ya that is what I meant :) Sorry for not being more clear.