PDA

View Full Version : spark arrester

red2004 TRX450R
05-07-2004, 12:39 PM
I got a TRX450r and i took out the verry restrivive spark arrester. (about 1/2in vr about 2in with out) I was wondering if this would lean the carb out and hurt the bike.
I would think that it would boost power (better air flow) but does the 4 stroke need the back pressure. I have hered that it helps on the top end and hurts the mid range???????????

this is the only mod i have

HELP

RuffRyder
05-07-2004, 01:39 PM
I would also like to kno this. I took mine out and rode it around for a lil bit.. I couldnt tell if it was lean or not. The guy at my dealor said it wouldnt be but I dont trust them.

mascman
05-07-2004, 03:26 PM
I took mine out also.

I just installed a Vortex twist throttle with a Terrycable cable. I was in my building and it was raining, so i fired it up inside. From the exhaust fumes i was breathing...it sure doeesn't seem too lean. i think they are jetted pretty rich from the factory, so even if it would change slightly, it probably wouldn't be noticeable.

RuffRyder
05-08-2004, 03:42 PM
Well I have put it thru 2 days of hard riding and it doesnt seem to run lean. Only the occasional backfire when holdin it wide open for a while. It didnt really increase the power, but just gave better throttle response and a LOT louder.

SEMA
05-08-2004, 07:58 PM
HAHA your funny R

kssandduner
05-08-2004, 08:49 PM
...it sure doeesn't seem too lean. i think they are jetted pretty rich from the factory,

Actually it's the exact opposite, they are very lean from the factory. If you take the air box lid off you won't get it to run past half throttle! You'll probably be alright by just taking out the baffle, but if you do anything else you'll have to rejet.

Joe