PDA

View Full Version : Pics of Tinners or OMF Air Scoops

04'400ex'er
05-07-2004, 12:01 PM
Does anyone have pics of tinners or omf air scoops? I am wanting to help cool off my 400ex and was wondering if they really do help? Has anyone had both? I will take any suggestions.

05-07-2004, 12:14 PM
I can say tinners look a HELL of a lot better than the OMF's...:cool:

Here's a pic of tinners..

twisted threads
05-07-2004, 12:19 PM
Tinners!:cool:

PHIL_B54
05-07-2004, 01:48 PM
do a search
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=585212&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

and i dis-agree i think the omf/prm/crowley look better. but everyone has opinions

tinner
05-07-2004, 03:45 PM
Just send me an email, and i will get you some other pics. You can also check them out in the reviews section.

jimandcherix2@aol.com

Thanks

ReconRider25
05-07-2004, 03:49 PM
OMF's....im very pleased with them.:cool:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid109/p8b37a09cb258589e39ae780e1c7d821b/f92ffc22.jpg

ranger400ex
05-07-2004, 04:16 PM
TINNERS!!!

Awesome scoops, and great guy to deal with.

Ben:D :D

DantheEXman
05-07-2004, 07:03 PM
Tinners! All the way!!!

He makes wonderful scoops, and is a great guy to deal with, he stands behind his product 110%.

You wont regret it.

P.S. Tinner, I just sent you an E-Mail, (DanM08)

Quadworks
05-07-2004, 07:13 PM
Get the Crowley scoops!! Hes a member of ExRiders(Crowdog). He is great to work with. Also just look how these fit. They get way more air to the oil cooler and head than Tinners. Awesome scoops I would never buy anybody elses myself.
http://www.imagehostplus.com/v2/usr/333/DSC01010.jpg

tinner
05-07-2004, 07:41 PM
Quadworks...why do you always have to start bashing ??? Especially when you've probably never seen mine installed. If there is any difference in air flow, it is probably very minimal.

Quadworks
05-07-2004, 08:03 PM
Sorry again if I made you mad. I am just stick up for what I think works the best. I feel that with the area closed in more that more air will flow over the oil cooler that is hiden up under the plastic, thus giving cooler oil to the engine. This is only my opinion I am not out to bash anybody. No you are right I have never personally seen yours. But I have saw numorous pics on different threads on this website when I was researching which brand to go with. Maybe you could send me a set to test? Sorry again.

tinner
05-08-2004, 06:22 AM
The area above where my scoops mount is pretty much just frame and plastic. In my opinion....and I really hate to get this technical because there is no testing done in a lab to see what is a problem and what isn't. Any air that would hit that area ( or any other dead ended area) would just cause turbulence in the air flow and not as efficient as you'd think. Another thing is how the side of the scoop kicks in to direct the air. If they run the fender line with minimal kick, they wouldn't do much either. I haven't seen the scoops you are promoting, so I can't give an honest opinion. Whatever they do I am sure would help, along with mine. Remember, we are putting scoops on an air cooled machine with a tiny oil cooler. They both will help, but when it comes down to it, the temp. drop will not be as significant as say a larger oil tank or larger cooler.

wvspeedfreak
05-08-2004, 11:39 AM
I am going to stick up for what I know works and that is TINNERS.Plus he is a great guy to deal with as many others have already said.

Woodsrider
05-08-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by tinner
... Remember, we are putting scoops on an air cooled machine with a tiny oil cooler. They both will help, but when it comes down to it, the temp. drop will not be as significant as say a larger oil tank or larger cooler.

At least your honest. I never really thought the scoops would offer that great of a cooling advantage but they do look darn good at any rate. Has any one done anything close to a sceintific test to see just how well they aid in cooling?

Quadworks
05-08-2004, 04:00 PM
As Tinner says these are just air cooled engines so any additional air going over any engine part should help to cool the engine somewhat. Any scoop will help just some look better than others. Its probably more so just a personal preference. I just think the scoops look cool and are a place to put more stickers. But ya somebody should try and do a test if possible to see maybe if 1 brand cools more that the others.

Meek
05-18-2004, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by Quadworks
Maybe you could send me a set to test.

If you guys are sending out free scoops, I will take a set.