PDA

View Full Version : OUCH!!, push startin a 400 @ 1:30am

knighttime
05-07-2004, 12:22 AM
My cousins 400 was over at my place the last few days. My uncle dropped him off around midnight for him to drive it home. Well, we did some more work on it and its gettin later. the battery was too low to get it goin so the plan was to push start it on the flat road at the the end of the driveway "olympic bobsled" style. So we do that and the clutch start works perfect, EXCEPT for one little thing, i should have let go when i first heard the engine crack.

I held on too long to the grab-bar and when i let go, i luckily pulled off some type of a shoulder roll, that left me somewhat dazed and some road rash on my elbow, knee, and back i think, but it could have been much worse. I'm sure this is gonna hurt in the morning.

hondarider2006
05-07-2004, 12:46 AM
The things that happen to us when we woke on these things at 1:30 in the morning.....last time I did it I put my rear tire on backwards, almost fell off twice before I realized it was on backwards:eek:

05-07-2004, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by knighttime
My cousins 400 was over at my place the last few days. My uncle dropped him off around midnight for him to drive it home. Well, we did some more work on it and its gettin later. the battery was too low to get it goin so the plan was to push start it on the flat road at the the end of the driveway "olympic bobsled" style. So we do that and the clutch start works perfect, EXCEPT for one little thing, i should have let go when i first heard the engine crack.

I held on too long to the grab-bar and when i let go, i luckily pulled off some type of a shoulder roll, that left me somewhat dazed and some road rash on my elbow, knee, and back i think, but it could have been much worse. I'm sure this is gonna hurt in the morning.

I"m sure no alcohol was present at the time...:eek2:

Pappy
05-07-2004, 07:23 AM
lmfao....you ok this mornin:p

knighttime
05-07-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
lmfao....you ok this mornin:p

my hip and wrist are sore, but im ok. it was weird how it was hard to let go of the grab bar

knighttime
05-07-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Rico
I"m sure no alcohol was present at the time...:eek2:

hardly any, i was too lazy to get beer earlier in the evening:(

05-07-2004, 12:11 PM
hardly any, i was too lazy to get beer earlier in the evening:(

But didnt' you just get home from workin at the bar...:confused:

knighttime
05-07-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Rico
But didnt' you just get home from workin at the bar...:confused:

nope, i only work at the bar once in awhile - hardly ever: i was at home all day workin on some stuff in the garage

:eek2:

knighttime
05-07-2004, 02:32 PM
that once the quad got goin kinda fast, i knew if i let go i was gonna fall cause it was faster than i could run :eek2:

05-07-2004, 02:37 PM
nope, i only work at the bar once in awhile - hardly ever: i was at home all day workin on some stuff in the garage

Yeah workin on your buzz.

I've known you for too long, so the lies won't work on me..:blah:

WIll I see ya at the rash crikk GNCC next weekend???

Tommy 17
05-07-2004, 02:45 PM
only u mike only u:p

MOFO
05-07-2004, 03:09 PM
LMFAO....

It would be a cold day in hell if your fridge in your bar had no beer. :devil:

cool 300ex
05-07-2004, 03:29 PM
That sucks..........

knighttime
05-07-2004, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
LMFAO....

It would be a cold day in hell if your fridge in your bar had no beer. :devil:

i did have some, i ran out but i asked my cousin to ask my uncle to bring some of his over when he dropped my cousin off to get the quad

lol

SGA
05-08-2004, 12:25 AM
Reminds me of a little story, hanging on and cant let go.
I was at the local sat nite dirt track and they had winged sprint cars that night. Well, if youve never seen a sprint cat run, youve missed out, they flat haul serious ***. 500 to 700 HP in a very light weight car. Way faster than your regular dirt track cars. I have seen them lift the front tires coming down the straight away.
They dont have starters, so they have to be pushed started and many crews use a utility quad to get them going.
Well, I watched a quad pushing one to crank it, hit a small bump on the track and the front quad bumper caught on the rear bumper of the sprint car. We know what happened next. The sprint fired off, nailed it and the poor dude on the quad was hanging on for dear life screaming. Well, him and the quad slung off about 60- 70 MPH between turn 1 and 2. Ambulance checked him all out, broke his arm and was bruised up , but he was ok. Pretty exciting stuff.

Ralph
05-08-2004, 09:21 AM
One time it was raining like hell out and we were going down my road to a friends house real quick in the neighborhood so i grab on his grabbar and slide with my feet flat on the ground bout half way with no problems but then my shoes started filling up with water so i decide to let go and my feet stoped fine but my body kept going.... i fliped foward and landed on my back and slid some more, suprisingly i was ok.....