PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Kenda klaw MX fronts

RG #43
05-06-2004, 10:39 PM
I have a full set of Kenda klaw mx's. I am running beadlocks. I am having no problem with the rears but I can not get the fronts to hold air. They are leaking between the beadlock ring and rim. It seems like the bead on the tire itself is too small to fill the gap that the beadlock is supposed squish to make the seal and the diameter of tire at the bead seems a little sloppy (on the big side) if that makes sense. I have had plenty of other tires: maxxis, stock, itp etc so I know it is not the rims. Hust curious if anyone else has had this happen. I have tried running a bead of silicone but it doesnt help either. Thanks for any reccomendations in advance. I guess I will try calling Kenda and see what they say, would like to know if I am the only one-might be defective run?!

cdalejef
05-07-2004, 07:03 AM
I've never had problems with my front Klaws leaking there. :confused:

Silverfox@C&DRacing
05-07-2004, 08:00 AM
We have had our mx fronts on the hiper beadlocks and haven't had any problems.

RG #43
05-12-2004, 12:25 PM
Ok, I found out the problem. After being on the phone with Kenda, they said it may be a rim issue, and to contact the manufacturer. I have OMF rims so I called. It turns out there is a problem withusage of the front Kenda klaw mxf's on their beadlocks and they are aware of it.
What they found out is: the bead on the tire is very small which does not allow for enough squish with their rings.
It is only with this tire and you have 3 options:
1. buy new rings
2.Machine the rings you already have
3. run either different tires or different rims.

Just thought I would let ya know.
I seem to find all products that do not interact well with one another:rolleyes:

Maybe someone can make this a sticky to help out any other OMF users.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
05-12-2004, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the info, I will keep that in mind well selling the OMF's and the klaws. I know that the 22x7x10 klaws work on the OMF rims

RG #43
05-12-2004, 12:40 PM
It is the 20X6X10's that I had a problem with, My mind is kinda blown right now, I can not remember if the mx's come in any other size.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
05-12-2004, 12:52 PM
your right the front mx klaws only come 20x6x10

red03400
05-12-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Silverfox@C&DRacing
Thanks for the info, I will keep that in mind well selling the OMF's and the klaws. I know that the 22x7x10 klaws work on the OMF rims

Hey, do your 22's seem big on your quad or what???
They seem huge on my 400 for some reason..idk y..... r they bigger than stock or juss look bigger..Thanks